Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Need for Speed Heat (2019)

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Miami, but which year?
619092164_991.jpg

not '80, unfortunatelly

Durwyn

Prophet
I would kill for a remastered version of NFS: Porsche Unleashed or a successor based on some other manufacturer. Unfortunately what we get is some fast and furious wannabe with unnecessary story.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I would kill for a remastered version of NFS: Porsche Unleashed or a successor based on some other manufacturer. Unfortunately what we get is some fast and furious wannabe with unnecessary story.
There was a rumour once about a NFS Ferrari. I would give my left testicle for a Porsche style NFS but with Ferrari. Of course it will never happen.

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
Last NFS game I played was NFS2 back in 97 or smth. Then they started making NFS games with niggers and rap and lost me.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Last NFS game I played was NFS2 back in 97 or smth. Then they started making NFS games with niggers and rap and lost me.
I'm totally with you about the first NFS games, but there were quite a few games between NFS2 and the new ones which didn't have rap and such. :) You missed out on some good stuff.

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
I'm totally with you about the first NFS games, but there were quite a few games between NFS2 and the new ones which didn't have rap and such. :) You missed out on some good stuff.
My PC wouldn't run them. It was a time when a PC needed to be fully upgraded every year, or the games just weren't playable.

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
I'm impressed this garbage is still making money for them year after year, enough to keep making them.

Trying to ape Underground again and again doesn't work as well when that type of street racing subculture is dead today. I'm going to make the wildest of fucking guesses and say that the main character is some hispanic proud vagina-having-humanoid and the bad cop is a bad white man conservative who wants to kick them out like every other tryhard agitprop game from EA and Sweden past 3 years.

All I ever wanted was decent arcade or simcade racing without some inane modern political storyline. Even that is too much to ask from those inept chucklefucks.

Syme

Arbiter
This looks amazingly retarded.

8iIdIEm.jpg

How do you do, fellow rebellious youth and women of color? Are you ready to OWN THE STREETS?

grimace

Arcane
I'm impressed this garbage is still making money for them year after year, enough to keep making them.

Trying to ape Underground again and again doesn't work as well when that type of street racing subculture is dead today.

The dream is alive. There will always be an audience for the newest "cutting edge" racing game.

Are steering wheel peripherals ever going to return? How about gas and brake pedals?

Gerrard

Arcane
They never went anywhere, it's just that nobody sane will spend 100$+ on a controller for one or two games (that don't even have proper support for it) unless he's some sim racing autist.

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
I think Forza and Gran Turismo do move decent amounts of steering wheels on their respective platforms. There's still kits for steering wheels, even cheap ones; it's just that those cheap ones are trash and the acceptable ones with a large turning radius and FFB start at a little over €100.

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
I'm glad that ProStreet style track racing is back in the game but it's not going to be the same because pics related can never happen nowadays for being too problematic which really puts a big hit in the atmosphere. The folks at Black Box did research into what former street racers were doing during that era and that track day festival atmosphere, dialogue and commentators were great in that game, but it's almost certainly going to be faux and badly done in this one.

Last one I found enjoyable was Most Wanted from 2005 but it already had a useless irritating story from what I remember. Wouldn't mind a fun modern arcade racer but certainly not expecting that from this shit.

Jacob

Pronouns: Nick/Her
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
Sukhāvatī tbh I think it's OVER for Underground street racing games, but the underlying gameplay mechanics, progression, and even general feel can be salvaged and be put on another racing game with a different setting. Maybe an imaginary "wacky racing" style tournament where you are only allowed to use (real-life) cars that run on carburettor. It's just that coming up with original ideas requires creativity.

Master

Arbiter
Multidirectional said:
Last one I found enjoyable was Most Wanted from 2005 but it already had a useless irritating story from what I remember.
rating_rage.gif

rating_prestigious.png

Ahahaha man, Razor with his lackeys is the best bad guy. All he's missing are little mustaches.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom