Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Screenshot thread

R@tmaster

Educated
Goddamn puzzle!
53eSZqV.jpg

vRzbRcl.jpg

pC1oFBZ.jpg

Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Loaded

Thanks to Interplay, Gremlin Interactive released this title, which was inspired heavily by Robotron, Gauntlet and last but not least - SmashT.V. A topdown shooter where we need to choose from six deranged individuals who are awaiting in the prison for the death penalty. Starting from Butch, who besides using flamethrower on people likes to dress in skirts, we have Cap'N Hands, a 300 year old space pirate who is replacing his body parts and became almost a cyborg and reminds me of some other character (cough), to a hot babe Vox. Unfortunately not all of them are good in combat, and you have only one weapon which can have higher strength thanks to power-ups. I choose Cap'N Hands, since his dual flintlocks have good damage, fast speed and I almost never ran out of ammo. Using different characters requiresdifferent approaches to the game, and this adds to the replay value. There is 5 difficulty settings, and for the first time, I would advice the third one, since it's the most balanced one for the new players.

We need to escape from the prison, and find our way out from the whole planet. Oh, and to kill a big boss, F.U.B (Fat Ugly Boy). The maps are getting bigger and more complicated, and we need to seek for the keycards to be able to meet the goals on each one of them. Usually it's to simple find an exit, but sometimes it's about gathering fuel and finding part of a bomb. Thankfully apart from HP/Special attacks/Ammo information we can switch to the map and see the whole level already revealed. Apart from one moment later on, I have had never backtracked through the maps. If you have finished Wolfenstein, or similar title with maze design, it shouldn't be a big problem for you.

Loaded stands out from many titles thanks to the excessive blood/gibs effects and having a lot of explosions on screen as well. Many times you will be in the middle of the total carnage, gun blazing through the hordes of enemies, destroying some equipment as well. There are no good guys here, everyone wants to kill you and your progress is being summarized at the end of each map regarding your accuracy/greed/kill count. The greed means how many of the yellow coins hidden you have found and grabbed from killed enemies. Most of them are different classes of guards, but there are also inmates, mutants, and rats, which are spawning like mad and they will suck your blood. Rarely, you will encounter a special mid boss like guys with jetpacks who will defend the final exit from the area.

The graphics are really good, mostly dark corridors, that create contrast to the multi-hued psychedelic lighting effects that guns make. Soundtrack was made by Neil Biggin, who made also music for Fatal Racing, Normality, Zool and some other Gremlin games and has that great techno feeling from the 90's that fits here like a glove.

Overall, I've never felt that those 15 levels of madness weren't worth my time. It's a great shooter with excessive violence and the comics aesthetics make it recognizable right from the start. Interplay even released some in paper form to be used as an additional promotional material and it looks great. The only letdown was the outro, which is too short, and should be made for each character as well.

img_scan_547qqjum.jpg

epsxe2019-08-1114-29-0dkpf.jpg

epsxe2019-08-1113-21-5cjwc.jpg

epsxe2019-08-1115-17-sfje6.jpg

epsxe2019-08-1115-56-6qkxc.jpg

epsxe2019-08-1116-32-41j7u.jpg

epsxe2019-08-1118-24-qekei.jpg

HansDampf

Arcane
11oij6p.jpg

:cool:

12d4kmt.jpg

02kjjvq.jpg

04qik9e.jpg

Shit, what was the Z button again?

0598jss.jpg

Boost Ball is now a weapon.
incline.png

061cjmi.jpg

Elevator fight.

0790j9s.jpg

The Dark Visor is functionally identical to Prime's X-Ray Visor.

08erjyc.jpg

And the titular Echo Visor isn't much more than a puzzle gimmick very late in the game. Dark and Echo should have been combined into one visor. But that would leave one button on the GC controller's D-Pad unused, and people would have complained. Unthinkable! Prime had 4 Visors, and Echoes has only 3? Would not buy.

09rdjr1.jpg

10m6jqh.jpg

144njbv.jpg

Dark Beam combo looks like a black hole.

15tnkhv.jpg

Annihilator Bean combo looks like... this.
wtfamireading.png

16cjjoj.jpg

The final* boss.

171ikw6.jpg

And the actual final boss. After the long fight against the three phases of the Emperor Ing you get to fight Dark Samus one more time. No health or ammo refill. No saving. And you have to defeat her in under 8 minutes. Time can be an issue on Hard where you deal half damage. And she is only vulnerable during certain attacks which are more or less random. Fantastic.
:shredder:

18rqkzk.jpg

19hsku8.jpg

This has always been my least favorite game of the Prime trilogy. I'm open to change my mind after Corruption, if I can get the motion control gimmicks to work.

The most memorable part about Loaded for me has always been the first stage music:

I played it back in the day on the original Playstation but I remember the slowdown being almost unbearable in parts. Tried replaying it a few times in recent years and it never hooked me again.

Vincente

Arbiter
Those scores actually mean anything?

I think Flexibility is switching weapons constantly, Mobility is moving nonstop, Boldness I believe is awarded when youre seen by the enemies, and Special is awarded when you use special weapons like A&A's chainsaw. Wiki pages might have better information.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Tomb Raider - Unfinished Business
they say that these days DLCs are just pieces cut from the game before release, but this one wasn't different

Final boss fights is coming!
RHXqZos.jpg

z8BXJeV.jpg

oh
it's empty

5Q37OIF.jpg

6UgMCiL.jpg

Four levels - first two are infested with pumas and crocodiles. Last two are filled with explosive mummies. Too much shooting.
Puzzles? Meh.

Cliffracers Ethnic Cleansing
xdA442G.jpg

hey Caius, I did it!
rco6HUM.jpg

Caius?
:(
V4kMYdE.jpg

68zAThV.jpg

2XEhtK9.jpg

9p3il83.jpg

HjCWP6b.jpg

S2QC4V3.jpg

Pqcp7vZ.jpg

Get in the robot N'wah!
WthHUXi.jpg

CjsxX1g.jpg

5XUDPj2.jpg

Wj6l5Do.jpg

WDhAUTu.jpg
loading times are near instant when you play in windowed, weird

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom