Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

King's Bounty II

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
1C Entertainment has announced King’s Bounty II, the first numbered entry in the in the turn-based tactics series since the release of the original game in 1990. It will launch for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC in 2020 with support for English, French, Italian, German, Spanish, Russian, Polish, and Simplified Chinese language options.

Here is an overview of the game, via its official website:

■ About

The King’s Bounty turn-based tactics series returns with King’s Bounty II! In addition to the tactical depth fans expect from its combat, immerse yourself in the fantasy world of Antara with a whole new, non-linear narrative and deep RPG mechanics that give weight to your every decision.

Key Features

• Fantasy and Realism – Experience a vast fantasy world that expertly blends beloved genre tropes with gritty realism to ensure players remain grounded in this desperate, realm-wide struggle.
  • Unpredictable, Non-Linear Story – Told through the lens of a highly cinematic experience, King’s Bounty II puts choice in players’ hands rather than their mouths. But instead of hinging on simple dialogue choices, it is the players’ actions that hold the true weight.
  • Unique CharactersKing’s Bounty II gives players three characters to choose from, each with their own unique story.
  • System of Ideals – As players explore the realm, their stories change as they align themselves with different Ideals: Strength, Art, Order, and Anarchy.
  • Tactical Battles – Each squad consists of wholly unique units, each with their own set of skills and visual appearance. Players can expect new tactical features for deeper, richer combat experience.
■ Editions

Knight’s Edition ($59.99)

• A copy of King’s Bounty II
  • Digital soundtrack
  • Digital art book
  • “Hounds of War” warhorse
Lord’s Edition ($69.99)

• Digital soundtrack
  • Digital art book
  • “Armor of the Devastated” armor
  • Exclusive preview build
  • Unlock full game three days before launch
  • “King’s Elite Guard” premium pack
  • “Flamethrower Guard Golem” unique unit
  • “Armored Princess” shield
King’s Edition ($99.99)

• Digital soundtrack
  • Digital art book
  • “Armor of the Devastated” armor
  • Exclusive preview build
  • Unlock full game three days before launch
  • “King’s Elite Guard” premium pack
  • “Flamethrower Guard Golem” unique unit
  • “Armored Princess” shield
  • Exclusive “Divine Weapons” pack
  • “King’s Guard” hounds
  • “Flaming Eagle”
  • “Heroes and Villains” premium pack
  • “Rage Casket” along with unique questline

PrettyDeadman

Did they manage to lure MCA in yet?
Also, notice how among possible ideals there is no Liberty or Freedom. As an alternative to Order and Strength (Authoritarism) they give us either Anarchy or Art(wtf is that supposed to represent even? Depravity and degeneracy of Hollywood?). Makes you think.

Kabas

Arcane
Patron
  • Fantasy and Realism – Experience a vast fantasy world that expertly blends beloved genre tropes with gritty realism to ensure players remain grounded in this desperate, realm-wide struggle.
I am yet to be impressed by words "gritty realism" when it comes to fantasy.
ss_d6a54ea2723edf92e19d6b1002a5f86ece9b1ddd.jpg
ss_bd68775ed1bb01b83d66c65151c55159aaf06204.jpg

I see that like age of wonders 3 the units are now represented by squads. I wonder if unit of 9 men can represent a stack of thousands?

All in all, not hyped, but i am curious.

Citizen

that couldn't look more generic holy shit

Well, the looks were never a strong side of the series (original was pure coder art, katauri remakes had eye-bleeding prosperous wow-style)

If the gameplays GUD then it's a D1P for sure

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
It's actually kinda mindblowing how long it took for a proper numbered sequel to happen, though. Took their sweet time with the expansions.

Space Satan

Arcane
Vatnik
I have several issues mostly about your ability to use necromancy. King's Bounty and KB: Armored Princess were, most importantly, fun. Grindy but still fun and breaching a mob blocking some important passage or guarding a map were satisfying.
But the possability to play as daemonologist or necromancer or barbarian is also important. Because before you had the singular path of honorable knight.

Projas

Information Superhighwayman
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
In Dark Side you could choose between an orc warrior, demoness and vampire, which is p. cool, but it was mostly just cosmetic and not much different than the classes in previous games.

Renevent

Cipher
The first one + armored princess are fucking great, so naturally I'm hoping they do the game justice. I even liked warriors in the north though I do have to admit it wasn't quite up to par.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
The first one + armored princess are fucking great, so naturally I'm hoping they do the game justice. I even liked warriors in the north though I do have to admit it wasn't quite up to par.

The first one is made by New World Computing, makers of Heroes of Might and Magic

Dux

Arcane
If there is one game series in the last decade (at least as far as the first two games are concerned) that really hooked me, it is this one. The Legend and Armoured Princess are extremely fullfilling gaming experiences. A preposterous amount of content in each game and a lot of replayability. I'm currently wrapping up my third playthrough of AP, after having played through KB: The Legend for the third also just a week ago. I even played Warriors of the North all the way through a few years back - that's how invested I am. The King's Bounty games are typically very long but WotN really took the piss in that regard. I haven't bothered with Dark Side or whatever it's called.

As for King's Bounty II: I really hope it offers the same kind of varied, polished and entertaining turn-based combat that I've come to love.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom