Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Cyberpunk 2077 Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
You sure? Witcher 3 had the CDs :/

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
Blu-ray drives simply never became commonplace on PC, I guess. Digital was chosen instead. Now when you look at games taking upwards of 100GBs and more there's no way to fit them on DVDs in any reasonable fashion. Also, industry forgot about compression.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I never actually installed the Witcher 3 from the discs, but it does come on 4 DVDs so I assumed it had the whole game on the discs DRM free. Have to check if it actually installs the game or download something.

Tytus

Arcane
Blu-ray drives simply never became commonplace on PC, I guess. Digital was chosen instead. Now when you look at games taking upwards of 100GBs and more there's no way to fit them on DVDs in any reasonable fashion. Also, industry forgot about compression.

Blame it on Steam. And it's a shame too, because Blu-ray drives are not that expensive and I would prefer my games in physical form. Also all those memes about DLC's being on the disc already are dead now.

Sam Ecorners

Arcane
Patron
aueo3tjlane31.jpg

santino27

Arcane
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
how a damper on a melee weapon works? :)

"A damper on guns, as well as some melee weapons" != "A damper on guns, as well as on some melee weapons"

The dedicated hardware is kind of the crux of the matter though, isn't it? It's not very useful (for games) if it can't hold a consistent framerate. (I looked at some tests of the 1080 Ti with software raytracing for FX only and I don't think I'd want to actually play a game with it enabled on it -- frame rate seems to average around 25 with a ton of variability.)

Nobody asks for cranking up the settings up to all ultra, med-to-high depending on whether you're playing Metro Exodus or not gives an alright result. Besides, there always was a question about how to spend all those GPU powers on 1080p and is it necessary to buy a GTX 1080. The answer is raytracing.
Personally, I'm going to buy a 2080ti in order to experience android prostitutes in their full graphics quality.

Go on, rate me dumb, you jealous fucks! :D

SLI or bust
SLI for the bust.

Sam Ecorners

Arcane
Patron
Some thai magazine info
- Players will be able to use public vehicles but they won't be able to hack them.

- Cyberpunk 2077 won't pull so many things from our world, go into realism (person doing interview gave taking care of the horse in Red Dead Redemption 2 as an example) because real life can be often pretty boring. Then Marcin talked more about fun in Cyberpunk 2077.

- There'll be lots of mini games and hacking but Cyberpunk 2077 won't feature game as deep and serious as Gwent

- When asked about appearance of another celebrity (other than Keanu Reeves) Marcin said "I don't know" and laughed

- Cyberspace is Marcin's favourite place in Cyberpunk 2077 so he won't reveal if we can explore it or could V learn to enter Cyberspace on they own

- How choices affect story: Same old story, nothing interesting.

- Interviewer asked about side mission design similar to Assassin's Creed Oddysey (where you have to do side activities to progress futher into main story). Mr Iwiński said players will be able to finish game without doing any side quests or activities but they'll miss full flavour of the game.

- Malee combat: Mantis Blades, samurai katanas & knives, Gorilla Arms which can be used to open doors and (with later upgrades) used to fight.

- There's team working on multiplayer but it's not that important for them because Cyberpunk 2077 is first and foremost story driven singeplayer game.

- No, there'll be no playable 3rd person perspective outside driving and people with motion sickness will be able to adjust settings to feel better while playing the game.

- Marcin couldn't speak about required specs and when will CDPR start selling those sweet jackets

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Mike Pondsmith at PAX West: https://west.paxsite.com/schedule/p...-red-and-the-future-of-cyberpunk-as-a-genre-f

Dicebreaker Presents: Cyberpunk Red and the Future of Cyberpunk as a Genre Featuring Mike Pondsmith
  • SUN 09/01 1:30 PM - 2:30 PM
  • SPHINX THEATRE
A few weeks on from the release of Cyberpunk Red, we speak to R Talsorian’s Mike Pondsmith about the latest edition of Cyberpunk and what it means for the genre as a whole. NB: Provisionally confirmed. Mike is just checking with CDPR to see if he has any commitments with them.

PANELISTS
Johnny Chiodini [Head of Video, Dicebreaker], Mike Pondsmith [Chairman, R Talsorian Games]

jf8350143

Liturgist
"Cyberpunk 2077 won't pull so many things from our world, go into realism (person doing interview gave taking care of the horse in Red Dead Redemption 2 as an example) because real life can be often pretty boring. Then Marcin talked more about fun in Cyberpunk 2077."

Nice to see CDPR still has the basic idea of how to design a video game, unlike Rockstar whose head has been so deep in its own ass to spend millions of dollars making horse shit(literally).

Efe

Erudite
they tell you its millions worth investment but pay the guy making it pennies

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
I heard the shrinking balls alone was worth 1 point of review score on Metacrtic. So money well spent!

Gerrard

Arcane

Blame it on Steam. And it's a shame too, because Blu-ray drives are not that expensive and I would prefer my games in physical form. Also all those memes about DLC's being on the disc already are dead now.
They might not be expensive, but they are slower than a good internet connection.

Carrion

Arcane
Patron
"Cyberpunk 2077 won't pull so many things from our world, go into realism (person doing interview gave taking care of the horse in Red Dead Redemption 2 as an example) because real life can be often pretty boring. Then Marcin talked more about fun in Cyberpunk 2077."

Nice to see CDPR still has the basic idea of how to design a video game, unlike Rockstar whose head has been so deep in its own ass to spend millions of dollars making horse shit(literally).
It's probably just an excuse for all the inevitable nonsense like terrible level systems and magical, skill-boosting leather jackets.

Zer0wing

Cipher
Nice GPU is only nice paired with good screen so I'll just upgrade my monitor, the current one isn't even 1080P and doesn't have HDMI port for RTX.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom