Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark - Final Fantasy Tactics-like RPG

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
Yeah, the backer portraits are the pits. Developers really need to stop that shit. While it's realistic for modern city-dwelling dweebazoids to appear flabby and homely, I don't want to see "real" people in my fantasy games. I want to see fantastic people.

The injury system is also entirely stupid. It might have sounded good on paper, but generally results in melee rogues (Gambler, etc.) losing a lot of AP and XP over time because they can't really do their jobs from the back line and therefore get primaried and obliterated fairly often. Reviving them doesn't remove the injury, either. Ultimately, the player is just encouraged to spam low-level patrols to remove injuries.

The anti-grinding measures also go a bit too far. Grinding XP doesn't help you in this game anyway unless you do a lot of it, since enemies and equipment scale to your level. Nerfed patrol AP (JP) coupled with forced linear ability progression (so that you can't cherry-pick the skills you want) makes it a huge chore to get newer recruits caught up or to get a few useful abilities after changing a character to a brand-new job. This can actually be tweaked in the game's config files so that patrols award the same AP as story missions, but there's nothing you can do about the linear progression or the level-scaling. This actually caused me to put the game down. I'm not one to do a lot of grinding, but there's a place for some extra training here and there and that's been made fairly tedious.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
is this game gud???

Imagine a four-course meal in which each plate is nominally delicious, except for a pile of rat turds placed right in the middle.

It's pretty much like that in every respect. The story attempts to be serious and gritty a la TO/FFT (and apes them in some ways; you fight a person who transforms into a horrific entity inside a temple over a glowing relic, for example), but falls short of it and often drops the ball in terms of basic good writing as well. The characters don't really seem to grow or change, the supporting cast doesn't exist and is simply referred to in dialogue that doesn't encourage giving a damn about any of them, there are no genuine tragedies such as a fellow cadet shooting your best friend's sister to death with a crossbow, etc.

The job system is all right, but simply put it's just not as good as the one in TO or FFT. The anti-grinding measures and forced linear ability progression are pretty annoying, too.

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
Thanks. Sounds maybe worth checking out sometime. Least it sounds better than the other FFT-clone that just got released, the Druidstone one.

Reinhardt

Arcane
My main problem was - i don't care about their characters or world. At all. And they talk too much so combat is not enough to carry game.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Well, I'll say this for it: The actual battles feel very much like FFT. If you play on at least Veteran difficulty and don't grind, you do have to use your brain to win battles, thinking through what each enemy unit is capable of and considering the enemy team's composition. The AI is also fairly good; the terrain is varied, often challenging to navigate, and creates tactically interesting situations, typically with your own team in a disadvantaged position.

There are a few neat gimmicks as well, such as frog-like enemies with an ability called Flip Kick that swaps positions with one of your units in an adjacent tile. They will use this ability from a water tile to drown units that are unable to swim.

KingDoofus

Scholar
All right, so I finished this a bit ago and I thought I'd do a write up of my experience of Fell Seal. When it comes to having shitty opinions, I am the best. You have been warned.

First of all, I want to say that I am baffled as to why this game isn't getting more attention on the Codex. There have been a lot of games in the style of Final Fantasy Tactics and Ogre Battle over the years since those games came out and from a gameplay standpoint this is probably most similar/most enjoyable of those that I have played. If you're someone that enjoyed playing either of those games, I'd encourage you to take a look at this.

Game is a Tactical RPG. You field a team of about 6-7 units and go up against the other team, which is either human enemies with similar gear/classes or monsters with unique classes (sometimes a mix of both). You'll start out with 3 story characters and 2 generics. By the end of the game you'll have about half a dozen story characters, but you can recruit an unlimited amount of generics. Your main story character (Kyrie) is usually required in story missions, but if you want to field a team of otherwise entirely generic units you're free to do so.

Characters who participate in battle will earn experience to level up but the main way your units will get stronger is by earning AP (basically Job Points) to put towards their classes. More AP means unlocking more skills in whatever class they have been assigned to. Characters who participate in battle will earn a nice chunk of AP, but even characters that don't participate in battle get roughly half those AP points. There's also "Vicarious Learning" of AP - if someone in battle earns AP in the Wizard class, everyone in your roster will earn about 10% of that AP towards the Wizard class, even if they haven't unlocked that class yet. Once they do unlock the class, the AP will be waiting for them. Story characters will each have access to a unique class (including one character who only learns monster classes) that only they can learn. However, as the game goes on you will acquire badges that unlock unique classes with unique skills that can only be used by generic units. Generics theoretically have the potential to be stronger than your story characters - they can mix and match badge classes while your story characters can't (it'll take some extra work though).

A lot of the strategy of the game is mixing and matching classes. Each class has its own skills, 2 unique passive abilities, and 1 unique counter. A character in a class (like Mercenary) will automatically have access to any of those that they have unlocked: all of the skills and any of the passives. You can also assign a character 1 other skill set for a class you've unlocked, as well as any 2 passives from any 2 other classes. Only 1 counter can be equipped so you'll have to choose.

There's a lot of classes. There are 20 base classes (Knight, Assassin, Gadgeteer, etc.), 6 unique badge classes (Lich, Vampire, Lord, etc.), and 7 unique story character classes (Marked, Spymaster, Demon Knight, etc.). That's a ton of skills, passives, and counters to play around with. You can make a dual wielding Gunner who dodges all magic, regains health when they move, and can set traps as a spare class. You can make a tanky Werewolf with sky-high evasion, gets hasted when attacked, and can cast buffs on himself or others as a spare class. Some combinations go incredibly well together and finding those as the classes unlock can pull a lot of your attention and be a lot of fun.

The enemy is certainly going to make use of good class combinations and the AI is pretty good at giving you a challenge. There's also environmental hazards to beware of/make use of. Some classes have skills that can move a unit or just switch places with them. This can be used to knock enemies off of high cliffs for massive damage or into a sea of lava for an instant kill. Some classes can't swim and on maps with lakes or rivers a useful priority is to dump as many enemies as you can into them. Items are also handled excellently - you'll be able to craft/upgrade them as the game goes on and once you've crafted an item it will respawn at the start of each mission.

There are no random battles that ambush you as you move across the map. Random battles are instigated by the player by "Patrolling" an area you've been to. You can also go and fight in an Arena in one part of the map or take part in its Tournament for prizes. Story missions are marked on the map to take on whenever you want. Occasionally at certain points in the story hidden side-quests or characters can be found by exploring around. Some maps also have treasures hidden in them. The developers say a standard playthrough is 40-60 hours, though you may end up longer if you try to go for everything.

As has been pointed out, the art feels like two different styles. The units and maps have a retro feel to them, like the game could've been made during the playstation era. Character portraits are much more detailed though and are pretty well done. Ogre Battle had a similar difference in portrait/game style, you get used to it after a while. The music is pretty good too.

The story is okay, nothing particularly noteworthy. This is where the FFT/Ogre Battle comparisons do it no help (not much compares to those games' stories). Your characters go on a quest. Evil is afoot. There are twists and turns, a few un-shocking betrayals. Nothing is likely to stick with you after you're done. You won't be repelled by the storytelling. It's fine.

Despite that, the characters are actually written fairly three-dimensionally. The main character, Kyrie, is driven by a sense of duty impressed upon her by her deceased mentor. Yates is a legendary healer, but his real passion is experimenting on corpses and loves dicking around with necromancy. Reiner is Kyrie's brother and has a Magnificent beard. The only let down is that these characters don't have much to do other than the plot. Their dialogue isn't particularly snappy and for all their backstory none if it really comes to much.

Some noise has been made about Kyrie being a woman, so I suppose I should address that (since for some reason a female main character demands this be addressed). Gender is not much explored in the game's themes or dialogue. I mean, characters are aware of each others' genders. One character makes a few passes at another. But this game is mostly about smiting evil with thyne sword. If Kyrie being a woman really bothers you enough I guess you could mod a dick onto her. Problem solved.

I want to talk about the game's challenge, since it has one of the most customizable difficulty settings I've seen in a game. There are several difficulty presets - Casual, Beginner, Veteran, Hard, and Very Hard - which all come with their own increased or decreased difficulty settings. But if you want you can base your game on one setting and then customize it how ever you want. Enemies can scale to your level or hit a specific max level. Enemy stats can be raised or decreased by a certain percentage (anywhere from -15% to +50%). Enemy gear can be equivalent to yours, better, or worse. Maps can throw in extra enemies and even dump an Elite enemy unit with extra skills in from time to time for extra challenge. Enemies can have the same items you have and be toggled to use them more or less frequently. Even the game's Injury System (killed units get a penalty until they sit out a fight - basically encouraging you to use two teams) can be turned on or off. The game can basically be tailored to exactly the level of challenge you want or don't want. Or just use a preset and roll with it if you don't want to worry about all that.

This is the reason I am really enjoying the game. I played through on Very Hard and it really provides a challenge. That's right - hard mode is actually hard. Huzzah. The AI is good and enemies do not go down easily. Maps have a variety of challenges that can be taken advantage of and need to be prepared for in case the enemy uses them. Classes don't feel overpowered, but certain skill combinations are very powerful in certain roles, which requires paying attention to what each class can offer (even if it's just one powerful passive). Maps can seem impossible, until you switch up a few skills/classes and suddenly you're smashing the enemy's face. More and more options open up as the game goes along, making you learn new classes and new strategies throughout. Bringing different class combinations can completely change how you approach a map and if you're playing with at least two full rosters worth of units (which is why the Injury system exists) you're likely to see a wide range of options available to you.

I recommend it. You won't be wowed by the productions values or the story. But if you enjoy Tactics games, tinkering around with characters in the menu, or seeing a badass boss go down by putting together the right skills and the right units, you're probably going to enjoy spending some time with this game. Give it a look! Game's 30 bucks and will probably be on sale for 20 in a few months.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
As has been pointed out, the art feels like two different styles. The units and maps have a retro feel to them, like the game could've been made during the playstation era. Character portraits are much more detailed though and are pretty well done. Ogre Battle had a similar difference in portrait/game style, you get used to it after a while. The music is pretty good too.

Yes, the sprites are severely lacking aesthetically. They look like what I'd expect to see in some weeb browser MMO from the early 2000s, so much so that I was reminded of Gaia Online and Maple Story, neither of which I've thought of in ages.

I've never played either, but Gaia Online in particular often appeared in Internet drama stories years ago, especially if weebs were involved—for example, 4chan and Boxxy: https://encyclopediadramatica.rs/Boxxy

vazha

Arcane
Tried this on very hard difficulty and got tastefully bumraped in the very second fight (against brigands). Nice!

pakoito

Arcane
Patron
Just started the game, didn't read the thread. I've found that I can kill all enemies, corner a single one and farm EXP and resources off damaging/healing/stealing. Is the grind worth it? Does the game get more tactical? I'm in Veteran around 8 maps in, and at least the terrain design is good and the menuing feels great even when grinding.

lightbane

Arcane
I'm considering getting this during the sale, but the ugly art-style puts me off. Is it actually worth it? Does it have multiple endings? Will it have an "ultimate ultima" edition like many indies do? Will it have DLCs?

Also, someone commented that the vendors look ugly. I haven't played so I cannot confirm it, but I remember the characters made by Kickstarter backers in Chroma Squad were mostly depicted as ugly, fatty bearded guys.
Hell, even the kickstarter backer that made its own character in Undertale was also fatty and ugly (although not with a beard at least). Coincidence? I think not.

ebPD8PePfC

Savant
20 hours in, I'm done with the game. Played it on hard difficulty, with injuries set to ap penalty (change it in the difficulty options since the default option is trash design), ignored story, didn't do a single random battle.

It's a perfectly serviceable FFT / TO clone, but there's so little deviation from them that it feels stale. I can't think of any mechanic that's unique to this game, and some of the special stuff sort of appears and disappears, never to be seen again. This include special chests in levels and loot dropping monsters that escape the battle after a few turns. The designers sort of forgot they put it in. Maps do change a lot, but the way abilities are set up means the actual geography matters very little. There's not a lot of positional abilities:
- Drowning units in water. Rare and kinda gimmicky.
- Pushing them one tile. Doesn't do a lot of damage, outclassed by other abilities.
- spells that do damage / heal in a cross or a line. standard fare.
- traps. relies on AI RNG since there's very few choke points and ways to reposition the enemy.
So what you get in the end is damage, buff, and debuffs. It's fine, but there's not much reason for the game to be an SRPG at this point. Coupled with generic objectives, and the shape of the maps end up feeling like a non factor. At the end of it you got a group of enemies you got to kill, and that's all there is to it. It's too close to the standard jrpg formula with a back line and a front line, but with a lot of extra clicks.

There are also other problems - classes overlap a lot, equipment requires constant updates to get a boring numerical advantage, weapons are identical, damage types are identical, grinding is encouraged to get gold and fully learn classes, interface is clearly meant for consoles although PCs are better suited for it by a mile, you must also set where your characters look at the end of their turn resulting in extra clicks for a trivial decision.
But those aren't that big a deal, really, because the basic game is enjoyable and the AI can actually put up a fight. Seeing a strong enemy going for the back line instead of attacking the beefy guy at the front is very satisfying. Tinkering with classes is both important and interesting. A passive for an archer can be good a front line fighter, so there's no clear path for building characters. Debuffs are important and can't be ignored. Consumables refill automatically after fights so you don't have to waste time. Great!
If there's anything that truly ruins the game it's healing. Reviving a character with 100% hp is not much more expansive than healing and removing debuffs, which requires one turn instead of two, so it's oftentimes better to let your characters die. Worse than that, healing is too close in strength to damaging abilities, so unless you can combo the enemy down he will often get healed, resulting in prolonged noddle fights. This gets magnified by the lack of control over turn order. There's abilities that change it, but the lack of information makes it hard to tell what they do.

I also skipped all story and dialogues. I don't see why people here feel obligated to read this trash. If it's bad, which you know it's gonna be from the first 30 minutes and the online reviews, than ignore all of it and enjoy the game.

Overall it's a solid game if you feel the itch to play an SRPG that doesn't change the formula too much. I enjoyed it enough to play for 20 hours so it's definitely worth the price they're asking for. But if you're looking for games that look past FFT and TO there's better options. Regalia: Of Men and Monarchs is way more interesting combat wise, but the out of combat activities are fucking dogshit that can't be easily ignored. Gungir is a great game that's sadly overlooked. It's short, varied, no time wasting activities, has plenty of cool mechanics and no glaring flaws.

Last edited:

Darth Canoli

Arcane
Regalia: Of Men and Monarchs is way more interesting combat wise, but the out of combat activities are fucking dogshit that can't be easily ignored. Gungir is a great game that's sadly overlooked. It's short, varied, no time wasting activities, has plenty of cool mechanics and no glaring flaws.

You mean Gungnir ?
I checked and apparently, it's a console game with no PC port.

Regalia is worse than dogshit, the story is just insufferable and there's lot of it, authors probably think they're Victor Hugo for assuming we'd want to read this much of their retarded writings, made me think about Numanuma except it's far worse.
The combat didn't feel really engaging either but i probably didn't play it enough to compare.

ebPD8PePfC

Savant
Welp, apparently I was only two hours away from ending the game but since I ignored the plot I completely missed it. The final boss fight was way too easy. All my characters were leveling up bad classes so I couldn't really do any damage to it. On the other hand I wasn't in any danger of losing either. So I had 4 guys beating the boss with their ineffective spoons while he was using some weird attack that didn't ever hit anyone. I still don't know what it does. In the end he died to some schmuck who throw a rock at it. Truly epic.
If you decide to play it I suggest you pick the highest difficulty with injuries set to "ap malus" or nothing.

My short review still stands. It's a solid game that doesn't innovate enough, but it's fun for what it is. If they reuse the engine and release another game that innovates a bit I'll 100% buy it.

You mean Gungnir ?
I checked and apparently, it's a console game with no PC port.
Yeah, Gungnir, sorry for the typo. I played it on my phone with PPSSPP, which also has a PC version. PPSSPP is in my opinion the best emulator in terms of user friendliness, certainly on android, with no real need to configure anything, so you shouldn't worry about not having a PC port.

As for Regalia

ss_71d7af968407a189f413b8ab3737d94c651586a2.1920x1080.jpg
Pure trash ~!
I didn't read anything outside of menus.

Last edited:

Urthor

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
The combat and UX in this is actually extremely enjoyable, honestly it's pretty amazing UX considering how many turn based games have really intolerable garbage for UI, this one has something that's actually snappy and swift.

Excellent turn based combat game, much better than Battle Brothers in my opinion purely for UI

Last edited:

pakoito

Arcane
Patron
I found time to play it. Grinded and pushed through what I thought would be the mid and ealy late content. I have all Human classes unlocked, all Gadgets bar two, most of the crafting equipment, most toons have 2+ Masteries...so I checked a guide to see how many maps were left after returning back to the starter city.

Apparently I'm just 60% through the campaign. WTF.

pakoito

Arcane
Patron
Turns out the laziest build is just 4x Sorcerer with Dual Casting and Mana Expert, and a Gadgeteer/Alchemystic with Initiative to give them Haste and Mind+. I'm blasting through supposedly long dragged-out fights.

pakoito

Arcane
Patron
And that build carried me through both endings. Good stuff, good game. I could never get into FFT, so I guess this is what it felt like.

Last edited:

Deleted Member 16721

I liked the game but it desperately needs a sequel that innovates and improves upon its core ideas. The story and story presentation was very poor and didn't keep me interested enough to keep playing. But I did get a good chunk of enjoyment out of it before shelving it.

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria
https://steamcommunity.com/games/699170/announcements/detail/3580850447642418200
Build 1.1.0, with New Game Plus!
Adding a New Game Plus, SteelSeries integration, balance updates and lots of bugfixes!

Hello everyone!

New Build:

We released Build 1.1.0 today.
The main addition is a versatile New Game Plus mode. In keeping true to our style of granting the player as many options as possible, you get to choice what carries over or not to the next game.
6664a63922854ffcd43c07a9422c33ea7b7a74dc.jpg

The options will be available from the title screen once you have completed the game and seen any of the endings.

We're also adding support for the SteelSeries keyboards, where the keys will light up in different color depending on the current state of the game (menus, combats, enemy turn, etc) and also show all possible hotkeys for a quick visual cue of what they are.

There's also a fair amount of balance tweaks and bug fixes. Finally, there are a few changes to some data files and engines to be ready to support the upcoming DLC, although that's fully in the background for now. The full patch notes are at the end of this post!

DLC News:

We're still ironing out various DLC systems and we're not quite ready to reveal everything yet, but here's a very small subset of what the monster mini-classes are going to feel like in practice:
e6c1e7da0483fc2f1658c7dd90a60614ef7da2e4.png

There are a lot more options than this though, as we currently have over 15-20 different mini-classes in the works for monsters. Those classes aren't quite as big as human classes in terms of number of abilities, but each monster can currently equip two at once, which will provide a lot of options. We're still hammering out the details to make sure it's both fun and balanced though!

Follow us on Steam:

A new system was added a little while ago to follow developers on Steams and be notified when they have new releases and such. If you want to make sure not to miss our upcoming DLC release, give it a try! You can follow us on Steam from our developer page, right here: 6 Eyes Studio Steam Page.

Change log:

10/11/2019 - Version 1.1.0
New Content:

• New Game plus: Adding a New Game Plus option in the title screen. Upon clearing the game, the option will become available and the player can use the clear file to start a new game retaining various things from their previous game. The player can select what they retain and what is reset from a list of options.
  • SteelSeries: Adding SteelSeries integration. When using a SteelSeries keyboard with per-key lighting capabilities, the keyboard will take different colors based on the current game state, and show all available hotkeys in white.
  • New Male Portrait: Adding a forgotten male portrait.
  • Optimizations: The game should load slightly faster than before.

Balance:

• Healers: Updating the weights associated with healer classes to limit their count in maps where enemies are randomly generated. The net result should be less classes with healing spells in general.
  • Bite: Increasing the base chance for the Poison effect to 62% (from 50%).
  • Meatshield: Meatshield used to wear off when the target of it got its turn. Now it will wear off when the caster of it gets its turn (or it gets replaced by another Meatshield/cover effect). This will make it last longer and thus be more reliable/useful.
  • New Recruits: When a class is unlocked, the player will always be able to switch to it, even if the requirements are not met. The main effect from this is when recruiting a unit in an advanced class (like Gambler for example), the unit will be able to switch back and forth to that class even if they don't meet the requirements.
  • Missable Character: A certain character can't be recruited anymore after a certain point of the story has passed. There will now be a warning on the world map about the specific event vanishing soon if the player ignores it for too long.
  • Double Cast: AI will be a little smarter with their second cast when using Double Cast. This is mostly a result of fixing a bug that make the second cast fizzle at times (it had other ramifications).
  • Blood Suck: Increasing ratio bonus when the target is bleeding from 0.35x to 0.45x.
  • Soul Suck: Increasing ratio bonus when the target is bleeding from 0.25x to 0.30x.
  • Drain Health: Increasing damage ratio from 1x to 1.1x.
  • Drain Soul: Increasing damage ratio from 0.35x to 0.45x.
  • Gold Thread: Will now be granted as a victory reward in one of the late game story battles (this is not retroactive).
  • Ancient Path: Small adjustments to a few random drop rates for ingredients.

UI:

• Map Position: The map position will now update in the top left corner after an enemy has done moving.

Bugfixes:

• Gelligh Treasures: If the player opened the treasures there "late into the story", it's possible it could have caused a problem with the "open all treasures" achievement. Fixed.
  • Dialogues: Various small typos got fixed.
  • Dash Strike/etc: Charge abilities would act weirdly when targeting large units. This is fixed.
  • Class Change: The "Cancel sound" would play 2x in quick succession when leaving the screen. Fixed.
  • Gogomboba City: Some extra units had their levels incorrectly set too high. Fixed.
  • Maps: Fixing minor visuals issues with the grid on some maps.
  • Vampire: Couldn't equip "cloth helmets" as they should. Fixed.
  • Lists: Fixing a very rare case where a list would cause issues when empty and hitting confirm.
  • Cleave: Fixing issues with Cleave not triggering at times: killing a target sporting Rebirth with a Collect ability, or with drowning wouldn't work correctly before.
  • Screwworm Swamp: The map could be won by killing all allies. Fixed.
  • Custom Portraits: Custom portraits had issues on Linux/Mac and would have issues if the user synced files across computers where the absolute customdata path was different. This is resolved. Save files will not save the absolute path of custom portraits anymore (that wasn't intended to begin with). Previous custom portraits shouldn't be affected, but if they are, setting them again at the guild should fix any issue.
  • Enemy Passives: Fixing two instances of specific enemies having the same passive equipped twice.
  • Pektites: Tier 3 red pektites had the wrong counter. Fixed.
  • Meatshield: Fixing a rare crash with Meatshield.
  • Sorting: Sorting units from the troops menu while in combat would have all sorts of weird issues. Disabling Sorting from the battle screen for now.
  • Master of All: If a unit had mastered a class for which they didn't meet the requirements (so, a unit was recruited as an advanced class directly), that mastery wouldn't count towards the "Master of All" achievement. This should be fixed.
  • Options: Selecting a line on the Options screen could feel unresponsive with the mouse as the far right side of the line wouldn't trigger the line selection without a click. Fixed.
  • Arena: The enemies speed value wouldn't be used correctly on their first turn during arena matches (due to not being calculated until the match starts). Fixed. The turn-order might not be accurate until the match starts because of this.
  • Pounce: It was possible for an enemy to use pounce to land on the same tile as another enemy that died with rebirth. Fixed.
  • Dreadmaw: Ability was supposed to steal Buffs from the target, but that wasn't working correctly. Fixed.
  • Dash Strike/etc: When an enemy would charge over a trap without having moved before, they would still be able to move after the trap interrupted the charge attack. Fixed.
  • Dash Strike/etc: Under specific and rare circumstances, some the red tiles representing the charge area of effect could remain visible during targeting, even though they should have been erased.
  • Descriptions: Fixing various descriptions typos.
  • Loco Rush: Fixing a rare issue where a character might disappear oddly if there is no obvious valid destination when getting pushed around by Loco Rush.
  • Spread Pain: Can now be used with Infused Edge and Focus Fire, as intended.
  • Shoving Abilities: Fixing a wrong interaction between pushing abilities and targets with Mirage, where the Mirage would absorb the base damage but still displace the target or apply the bonus damage from the collision. Mirage now absorbs the whole effect.
  • Music: Music could have a jump in volume when backing out on the Load menu from the Title screen. Fixed.
  • Options: The Apply command in options list couldn't be clicked with the mouse before. Fixed.
  • Double Cast: On rare occasions, when enemies would use Double Cast, their second spell could fizzle. Hopefully this is fixed now.
  • Worms: Worms wouldn't use their breath attack as often as they should have due to a bug. Fixed.
  • Kawa Bandits: Small adjustment to one of the early-game tables that had a typo, resulting in worse loot than it should have.
  • Name Input: Using the "cancel key" in the name box would cancel the name input before. Fixed. Some minor mouse interactions were cleaned up as well.
  • Obelisks: An extra check was added upon loading a save file to make sure the flag about having "all obelisks" is correctly set. There probably wasn't an issue on that side, but "just in case".
  • Enemies: Once the player reached level 99, some enemies could be generated with story classes they shouldn't have access to. Fixed.

Modding:

• Fonts: Adding a Vietnamese font to the list of available fonts for modders to use.
  • Fonts: Adding a Japanese font to the list of available fonts for modders to use (it currently doesn't support Kanjis though).
  • Errors: Adding more error checking for invalid data.
  • Ingredients: Ingredients file will not require all sections to exist anymore (recipes, badges, gadgets, ingredients) and non-existent section will be treated as empty.
  • Ingredients: Fixing some potential errors when modding this file where added data would behave oddly.
  • Save Files: Slight update to the format to make it a little bit more efficient.

the mole

Learned
Shitposter
Is this game finished yet, when I played it ended after the desert

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom