Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Underrail: The Incline Awakens

ItsChon

Resident Zoomer
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I just got a 135 quality regen vest, and I don't think I'm going to get a vest that's better than that, so we're going with it. All I need is one more level to get Power Management, and I'll be rocking a 1600 Capacity Efficient High Frequency Energy Shield.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
I just got a 135 quality regen vest, and I don't think I'm going to get a vest that's better than that, so we're going with it. All I need is one more level to get Power Management, and I'll be rocking a 1600 Capacity Efficient High Frequency Energy Shield.

Yeah, I think you need to side with the Praetorian Guard in order to see q140+ carrier vests more than every once in a great while, and with JKK to see q140+ bolts of cloth.

It's funny, because while Coretech has a huge electronics inventory, there are many other electronics merchants, so it's far easier to get q140+ electronics components without Coretech; q140+ metal can be had from Foundry by anyone.

Which means that riot gear wearers who go Coretech get fucked hard, since we need both good cloth and good carrier vests.

Speaking of poor faction choices, someone please help the Scrappers. They have nothing.

Jezal_k23

The Scrappers are so mediocre at this point I keep wondering how their puny regiment even manages to neutralize the Black Eels in the Junkyard.

ItsChon

Resident Zoomer
Patron
The Scrappers are so mediocre at this point I keep wondering how their puny regiment even manages to neutralize the Black Eels in the Junkyard.
Well to be fair, it does take SGS and Black Eels combined to take them out. If it was just the Black Eels or just the SGS task force that's sent out, the Scrappers would handily win.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
Well to be fair, it does take SGS and Black Eels combined to take them out. If it was just the Black Eels or just the SGS task force that's sent out, the Scrappers would handily win.

Or Protectorate + Black Eels.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Styg said:
Reduced the maximum combat and movement speed up while in turn-based mode to 500% (down from 1000%) to avoid it glitching out some abilities

Welp! Enjoy your locusts.

*pwee* *pwee* *pwee* *pwee*

You may take two actions and move. ...Sorry, you missed twice in a row.

So yeah, I finally personally understand why people hate this shit. They're like Burrowers, except several times worse. Designing enemies that are numerous, make lots of attacks each per turn, and potentially spawn even more of themselves as the battle proceeds is somewhat questionable in a turn-based game.

ItsChon

Resident Zoomer
Patron
Styg said:
Reduced the maximum combat and movement speed up while in turn-based mode to 500% (down from 1000%) to avoid it glitching out some abilities

Welp! Enjoy your locusts.

You may take two actions and move. ...Sorry, you missed twice in a row.

So yeah, I finally personally understand why people hate this shit. They're like Burrowers, except several times worse. Designing enemies that are numerous, make lots of attacks each per turn, and potentially spawn even more of themselves as the battle proceeds is somewhat questionable in a turn-based game.
The fact that you can miss two melee attacks in a row when you're right in front of someone, with really high Melee skill, fucking kills me.

Ramnozack

Cipher
Patron
Just started the expeditions content, and these natives are messing up my machete-psi build with their throwing nets. What are the ways to counter that? I know there is escape artist, but is that worth the skill and feat investment?

toro

Arcane
Vatnik

Ramnozack

Cipher
Patron
Just started the expeditions content, and these natives are messing up my machete-psi build with their throwing nets. What are the ways to counter that? I know there is escape artist, but is that worth the skill and feat investment?

https://www.underrail.com/wiki/index.php?title=Uncanny_Dodge

That's for melee attacks. I guess Escape Artist :(

Edit: https://www.underrail.com/wiki/index.php?title=Fancy_Footwork
Thing I'm thinking is, even if I escape one net, there is another asshole with another net ready to go, aren't there some kind of boots or some shit that can prevent this?

EDIT: Do siphoner boots prevent throwing net immobilization?

Last edited:

ItsChon

Resident Zoomer
Patron
The fact that you can miss two melee attacks in a row when you're right in front of someone, with really high Melee skill, fucking kills me.

Ask Fenix - he thinks this shit is normal.

Or read this post from taviow
Taivow is correct though. I forget who but I think it was Tim Cain that was giving a speech about this and he was talking about Fallout and how most people don't realize what true RNG really is. I think a way to fix it could be to institute a cap where if your skill is x amount higher than someone elses dodge/evasion/whatever, then you have a hundred% chance. Below that we can start working from 95 to w/e.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
About the Dude's quest:

This was my experience, except I also did not have the disguise option available because I was playing a female character. I'm actually stunned at how badly placed this quest is and how easy it is to get trapped in it.

:bravo:

Tigranes

Arcane
I thought I saw a screenie somewhere about this, and in fact

It seemed to suggest that you could disguise yourself while female, possibly with enough skill?

I also found the area quite easy to get stuck in. I assume you are perfectly fine with Persuade, but otherwise you get yourself an Officer's outfit and reach the 2nd floor, where there is no real way to fool the stationery Officer guarding the way to the magatzin keycard. Either you need 90 lockpick, or, in my case, I eventually made it by carefully timing the patrols, placing a force field in front of the stationery guy's face (which he didn't mind), and running off. Pretty sure that wasn't intended.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
ItsChon I don't mind missing attacks. I'm not worried about RNG or my skewed perceptions of it.

All I really want to know is who playtested locust encounters while using a melee character and then signed off on it.

grasshopper_PNG27.png

All I have to do to defeat locusts with impunity is craft a merely decent tungsten armor, helmet, and boots, then just carpet bomb everything with toxic and plasma grenades. Giving the player absolutely no cover against a horde of light attack-spamming ranged enemies... why?

That said, I'm still loving the expansion. Shit like this doesn't make me hate it the way it does for some people.

Tigranes

Arcane
Yeah, locusts are shit even when you massacre them easily.

Blaine, buddy, you are still in the early days. Check the Fetid Marshes if you want a good time

ItsChon

Resident Zoomer
Patron
What the fuck do I have to do to get rid of this Expedition camp quest, where they ask me to help with defenses. I turned on the turret and repaired the Naga Protector, what the fuck else do they want?

Also got some 141 quality super steel plates on my first super steel roll ever. Fucking hype! Time to make some tabis.

Tweed

Professional Kobold
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Yeah, locusts are shit even when you massacre them easily.

Blaine, buddy, you are still in the early days. Check the Fetid Marshes if you want a good time

All I have to say is thank God I had 250+ stealth at that point, that place was fucking hell, especially since shotguns attract everything within a 100 mile radius to your position.

It was so bad I wasted a supersoldier drug just so I could make one of those big agility jumps to get the fuck out there without having to backtrack though another hive.

ItsChon

Resident Zoomer
Patron
Did anyone find the Leumerian base under Port Craig? There was this interesting Spear
upload_2019-8-14_22-55-17.png
Had to hack some shit and go through a hard fight against 3 Naga Protectors. The spear really isn't that great, especially when I compare it to my TiChrome crafted ones,
upload_2019-8-14_22-56-32.png
I will keep investigating, but the Pirates are actually dope. This gives a damn good reason to help the Scrappers, considering you can tip the Junkyard balance pretty heavily.

Attachments

• upload_2019-8-14_22-56-28.png
    upload_2019-8-14_22-56-28.png
    260.4 KB · Views: 189

Tigranes

Arcane
Psi-monk OP man ZHANG LU has killed the Beast. Nothing like Locus of Control + Enrage on a dozen swamp rathounds.

First Super Steel roll = 155. Not bad?

Did anyone find the Leumerian base under Port Craig? There was this interesting Spear

Yes, while thinking it was the Nexus of Technology the entire time....

I haven't found any Black Sea unique weapon worth using.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom