Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Revisiting VtM: Bloodlines

deama

Prophet
So I've done it. I've replayed Bloodlines for the seventh time. And I don't even like the game this much. It's not one of my favorites or something, but it kinda stuck with me.

The worst part is that I'm gonna replay it in a few years. For some reason I always give this damn game more acclaim than it actually deserves, and I have no idea what blood magic this is.

I guess Troika contracted the Giovanni to make the comfiest game in the world. You know, Deb of Night, dimly lit streets of Santa Monica, the stoner guy in the pawnshop, the werewolf, all that stuff.

Help pls
No worries, I replayed fable over 20 times, ur almost there, you have almost enlightened yourself.

Ibn Sina

Arbiter
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
I do not know where to post this, so I will post it here in hopes of getting an answer. Does anyone know how to restore the original disciplines using the +un official patch? I installed the game and if memory serves, one of the last disciplines in the dominate tree with mass suicide. Wesp removed this for whatever reason and thus Ventrue has been nerfed hard. How do I get the old disciplines back while using the +patch? I like most of the changes but not those ones...

Wesp5

Arcane
How do I get the old disciplines back while using the +patch? I like most of the changes but not those ones...

Just install the basic patch into an empty folder and copy the following file over into your plus installation: Unofficial_Patch\vdata\system\disciplinetgt_002.txt...

Delterius

Arcane
I do not know where to post this, so I will post it here in hopes of getting an answer. Does anyone know how to restore the original disciplines using the +un official patch? I installed the game and if memory serves, one of the last disciplines in the dominate tree with mass suicide. Wesp removed this for whatever reason and thus Ventrue has been nerfed hard. How do I get the old disciplines back while using the +patch? I like most of the changes but not those ones...
Wesp5

edit fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

Black

Arcane
It isn't manipulation when she outright says "go kill her". Does she use her ...assets to her advantage? Yes, but it's clear what she wants and why she wants it. Manipulation implies obfuscation and secrecy. She also wants you to kill a hunter who is after her and Ash, if she hadn't acted, either hunters would storm her club or kill Ash. If there is someone who doesn't try to manipulate you, it's her. You might say she manipulated you by feigning interest in you, but that's not the case either, she continually sends you sweet messages after that.
She's spamming your email with some low-tier poetry, not worth it!

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
Toreador in general are doomed to be mediocre at their chosen art form due to their curse. There is nothing more boring and useless than mediocre art, so that's quite a curse.

Prime Junta

Toreador in general are doomed to be mediocre at their chosen art form due to their curse. There is nothing more boring and useless than mediocre art, so that's quite a curse.

More kudos to Jacob Abrams for the way he sidestepped it. Doesn't make art, just produces it.

Wesp5

Arcane
How do I get the old disciplines back while using the +patch? I like most of the changes but not those ones...

Just install the basic patch into an empty folder and copy the following file over into your plus installation: Unofficial_Patch\vdata\system\disciplinetgt_002.txt...

P.S.: I talked with EntenSchreck, who added the new disciplines, about this and he managed to bring everything back except for Blood Salvo because Blood Theft is cooler ;)!

Testicules

Educated
I just finished VtmB for the first time a couple weeks ago. Used the patch, but none of the restored or added content. Played as a Malkavian hottie.

This game is an absolute gem. The feeling I got playing it reminded me of when I played Deus Ex for the first time, which is pretty high praise since Deus Ex might be the best game ever made. I've never played a game this atmospheric and immersive before, to the point that when I finished I just wanted to start over immediately with a different clan. A vampire underworld RPG set in modern L.A. seemed like kind of a faggy idea but they crushed the delivery.

The funny thing is the combat in this game is terrible, the sewer sequence getting to the Nosferatu lair dragged and generally sucked balls, and obv the endgame was shit pure shit. Despite its glaring flaws (maybe because of them) this was a masterpiece of game design. I'm honestly a little pissed off how good it was, because it doesn't feel like anyone is interested in making games like this anymore. Hopefully they don't rape the sequel too badly.

Should I replay it with Clan Quest mod? If so, which clan to play next?

Vibalist

Arcane
One thing I like about the plus patch is that it allows you to skip the sewers (and also some of the end levels) almost entirely. I'd consider using it, even if some of the other changes are downright bad.

SausageInYourFace

Angelic Reinforcement
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath
Tiny bug playing VtMB with the patch+: The Doomsayer in Santa Monica quit saying doom. He just stands there and stares quietly. Attacking him, or using domination etc. doesn't do much. I couldn't find a way to reset him via console but I assume there must be one?

No major issue but his preaching kinda adds to the atmopshere, so it bugs me a little bit. If there is an easy way to reset the guy via command, I would. Any suggestions? Wesp5 maybe?

Delterius

Arcane
Tiny bug playing VtMB with the patch+: The Doomsayer in Santa Monica quit saying doom. He just stands there and stares quietly. Attacking him, or using domination etc. doesn't do much. I couldn't find a way to reset him via console but I assume there must be one?

No major issue but his preaching kinda adds to the atmopshere, so it bugs me a little bit. If there is an easy way to reset the guy via command, I would. Any suggestions? Wesp5 maybe?
maybe he calmed down

QIDuE4N.jpg

Nano

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Strap Yourselves In
You know what triggered me about the Plus patch? It made the first half of the final boss fight much harder. It introduced a thing where every few seconds, the Sheriff would send a swarm of bats at you that would majorly reduce your health, and this swarm was completely and utterly unavoidable. What the fuck, man.

Other than that, though, I definitely feel that playing with the Plus patch increased my enjoyment of the game.

Wesp5

Arcane
The Doomsayer in Santa Monica quit saying doom. He just stands there and stares quietly. Attacking him, or using domination etc. doesn't do much. I couldn't find a way to reset him via console but I assume there must be one?

I get this reported sometimes but I honestly don't have a clue why it happens...

Sykar

Arcane
Should I replay it with Clan Quest mod? If so, which clan to play next?

Save it for maybe the third playthrough, I would say. And then go for the Sabbat path. Which faction did you side with, and which ending did you get?

Sided with the Anarchs, saw LeCroix get blown the fuck up, strutted saucily into the L.A. underworld

Going your own way while showing them all the finger is the :obviously: ending. Fuck those fucks.

Black

Arcane
The Doomsayer in Santa Monica quit saying doom. He just stands there and stares quietly. Attacking him, or using domination etc. doesn't do much. I couldn't find a way to reset him via console but I assume there must be one?

I get this reported sometimes but I honestly don't have a clue why it happens...
Maybe he figured we're all gonna make it.

Invictus

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Wesp could something be done to balance out the sewers and endgame enemies there? If you don’t have at least a mid tier combat skill (let alone firearms) your chatty vamp gets owned there...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom