Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Need for Speed Heat (2019)

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
It feels like modern car games turn more into Volkswagen Group propaganda each year. Are they the only ones willing to whore out their license or something? It's just Audi BMW and Lamborghini, each and every year forever. The only game that still has a decent or unique selection of JDM is Gran Turismo but every other game is just infinite amounts modern muscle car and gay euro sports car wank that I have seen in every other racing game since the 90s.

Gerrard

Arcane
Toyota stopped licensing their cars for games because the CEO thinks that people don't buy their cars because they can drive them in games. It's literally what was said.

grimace

Arcane
I'm glad that ProStreet style track racing is back in the game but it's not going to be the same because pics related can never happen nowadays for being too problematic which really puts a big hit in the atmosphere. The folks at Black Box did research into what former street racers were doing during that era and that track day festival atmosphere, dialogue and commentators were great in that game, but it's almost certainly going to be faux and badly done in this one.

The body of the vehicles over the body of females. Come on!

The reason I would buy a new racing game would be for 1080p widescreen support. I don't care about seeing wide women in a racing game.

Toyota stopped licensing their cars for games because the CEO thinks that people don't buy their cars because they can drive them in games. It's literally what was said.

Please provide the source of this quote.

Gerrard

Arcane
I'm glad that ProStreet style track racing is back in the game but it's not going to be the same because pics related can never happen nowadays for being too problematic which really puts a big hit in the atmosphere. The folks at Black Box did research into what former street racers were doing during that era and that track day festival atmosphere, dialogue and commentators were great in that game, but it's almost certainly going to be faux and badly done in this one.

The body of the vehicles over the body of females. Come on!

The reason I would buy a new racing game would be for 1080p widescreen support. I don't care about seeing wide women in a racing game.

Please provide the source of this quote.
トヨタ自動車の幹部は「家庭用ゲーム機がいけない。あんなリアルな遊びがあったら、車なんか要らなくなっちゃう」と嘆いた。
The original article is no longer available. He basically thinks people buy cars as toys.

grimace

Arcane
The original article is no longer available. He basically thinks people buy cars as toys.

All I could dig up was a poor translation from a ((( K o t a k u ))) article

The genius "journalist" decided to spin it for a click bait article. Has there been an update from Toyaota? It's been 10 years!

Have the Toyota executives been silenced?

Car sales are down in Japan, and young adults are less interested in automobiles. Instead of blaming that on a grim economy or even good public transportation, Toyota has apparently found another culprit: video games.

In a piece in the evening edition of Osaka's Mainichi Newspaper, there's an editorial on the "date car" by journalist Masahiro Kawaguchi. Kawaguchi talks about how the slide in new car sales started in the 1990s and even connects the current decline in population to the car apathy that exists among young men. "Guys used to work hard at their job so they could get a stylish, cool car for girl's to ride in."

Even more interesting than that connection is what Kawaguchi quotes a Toyota exec as saying: "Home game machines are no good. Playing something that realistic makes the need for cars disappear."

Really? Video games make the need to go from Point A to Point B disappear? Next thing we know video games will be blamed for violent crime!

That's such an odd thing for Toyota to say, especially considering how many game tie-ins the company has, such as having its FT-86 Concept car appear in Gran Turismo 5 — which is playable at the Tokyo Motor Show. It makes us wonder if that was simply some off-handed, throw away remark that obviously wasn't not thought through before uttering. Maybe!

Kawaguchi finishes his article by talking about the next generation of sports cars and hybrid cars. Vroom vroom.

Jigawatt

Arcane
I'm going to make the wildest of fucking guesses and say that the main character is some hispanic proud vagina-having-humanoid and the bad cop is a bad white man conservative who wants to kick them out

I completely agree, and the funniest part is that makes this edgy, fuck-the-man, rebel wannabe a beat for beat remake of Pixar's Cars 3

cars-3-cruz-ramirez-stats-i48905.jpg

visions

Arcane
It feels like modern car games turn more into Volkswagen Group propaganda each year. Are they the only ones willing to whore out their license or something? It's just Audi BMW and Lamborghini, each and every year forever. The only game that still has a decent or unique selection of JDM is Gran Turismo but every other game is just infinite amounts modern muscle car and gay euro sports car wank that I have seen in every other racing game since the 90s.

BMW isn't VW group.

Owl

Cipher
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
There is only one good NFS game

The one with the Porsches was alright
All the others are garbage
Now get the fuck off my lawn

PulsatingBrain

Huge and Ever-Growing
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath
I really hope this is good. The last NFS I really loved was Hot Pursuit. It got the drive-feel just right for me. I don't think open world adds anything to the racing genre, and I'm on the fence about heavy police elements, although they do make total sense in a street racing game

Pound Meat

Prophet
I really hope this is good. The last NFS I really loved was Hot Pursuit. It got the drive-feel just right for me. I don't think open world adds anything to the racing genre, and I'm on the fence about heavy police elements, although they do make total sense in a street racing game

My favorite part of the next-gen games was getting into a police chase every two minutes when all I want to do is cruise and enjoy the view.

Gerrard

Arcane

My favorite part of the next-gen games was getting into a police chase every two minutes when all I want to do is cruise and enjoy the view.
Sounds like The Crew 2 is the game you want.

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
Suicide drifting and turkish oil wrestling are the two greatest middle eastern cultural exports.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom