Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Men of War: Assault Squad 2

Erzherzog

Magister
Lots of planes in that trailer, but does the game actual make extensive us of them in game?

Don't get me wrong, Men of War is a fantastic series and I've been a keen supporter of Digital Mind Soft (I'm in the credits of the first assault squad!) but it'd be cool to finally get that vertical aspect to the game.

Yes but you need to gain levels to unlock some units such as mortars.

And the best way to do that is by finishing SP missions if I'm right.

Getting matched up with someone who ends up spawning KingTigers and you have to trump him with your default units is a nightmare.

Steve

Augur
Lots of planes in that trailer, but does the game actual make extensive us of them in game?

None that I know of, you can mess with them in the editor but that's about it.

The only thing that gets me is the unlock system.

You can disable that if you're hosting the game.

Overall pretty disappointed with the game, it's a complete rehash of the first game. There is almost nothing new. I heard that most of the changes are under the hood and it shows as a lot of people seems to have problems with frequent crashes, me included.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I made a mod for this game. It's very simple. I changed around some stats for weapons and health, and made the AI and you equal in terms of protection. The game is really hard now, even on Normal. Now you don't have to deal with the crazy tank spam on harder difficulty settings. Anyway, the game has a more "Close Combat" feel now :)

And btw, I made this mod because I like how cover and range work in vanilla, but all the other "realism" mods make changes to that.

Check the link if interested.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=378705034

Last edited:

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
:necro:

Guise, which men of war (upto assault squad) is good for singleplayer?
Or does Assualt Squad have all the previous campaigns in it too?

KoolNoodles

Arcane

I liked AS because some of the maps(can't remember) could get crazy and awesome, and on harder difficulties felt like running a gauntlet. At the end you've earned that beer in the fridge. Even better if you have a friend to play co-op with. Isn't AS like $5 on sale pretty frequently?

It doesn't have a campaign, but I wasn't too impressed with Men of War's campaign I guess. It was OK.

Popot

Educated
Assault Squad 1 & 2 have awful singleplayer, most missions are copypasted.
The first Men of War and its spin-off Red Tide have the best campaigns, but the community is slowly porting them to AS2.
If you're interested in mods and user made missions, AS2 is your best bet.

snoek

Cipher
Well, it was broken when they 'released' it.
Now they have new netcode which keeps causing 'out of sync' errors which ruins the game again.
It's such a nice game (in multiplayer) but also horribly broken, most of the time.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

Skirmish is really fun. Skirmish in co-op is even better though, but there is no story.

Aemar

Arcane
Does the game have campaigns, or does it have only skirmish modes? Which DLCs are essential (if any)? It looks like the only needed DLC would be Airborne, for enabling multiplayer with bots, something that should have already been included in the base game for free.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom