Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Screenshot thread

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria
b335ed1f25dcc4f7.png

Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Vivisector: Beast Within

I remember hearing from time to time about this title, and finally tried it myself. It was developed by Action Forms company based in Ukraine. Some of the people might know them from old FPS Chasm: The Rift, where you could shoot off enemies hands and heads. Sadly the level design was similar to Wolfenstein 3D than Quake, but being made by a such obscure developer and showing out of the blue still made it impressive feat. I also finished their later game, Cryostasis, which had some interesting mechanics and story, but felt too long for it's own good.

Vivisector is powered by AtmosFear engine, and was made entirely by Action Forms. At first I though it was the one used in original Painkiller, because the feeling of movement and speed of our character. There is a lot of open areas, where we can wonder, and while we can see our objective on a radar and a visible huge long green lines from the beacon that is our objective, we can still find some secret areas. We have an upgrade system, where we accumulate points through finding them, and killing enemies. Which are interesting on their own, since from the start we encounter humanoid animals infused with cyber implants, such as hyenas, wolves, lions and many more species. It's a really good use of "The Island of Dr. Moreau" story for FPS game. They are really fierce and deadly in bigger groups and they keep player focused. We also meet normal soldiers as well. Every enemy can be killed in a very gruesome way, thanks to the really impressive gore system, that reminds me of Soldier of Fortune. You need to find a patch on the net though, to unlock it's full potential. Basically the body is divided, and they represent separate "zones", which react to our weapons. Along with death animations, it makes the gameplay really fast, visceral and simply fun. Of course we can use many weapons - from standard pistol/shotgun/M-16 to more interesting like Gauss rifle, Howitzer, Double barrel shotgun (it's as fun as the one in the Doom 2, perfect for close encounters), and some energetic ones as well. The best thing is, that we don't need to reload any of them. The more cruel you are, the more points you gather. You can upgrade your speed (I suggest maximizing it first, even Doom guy isn't as fast now!), resistance to damage, aiming, maximum life.

The game is really stable, but needs beforehand a no-cd crack (game was published by Cenega here, they love to put awful copy protections on everything), plus a patch for sound effects to work correctly. And last but not least, the blood patch mentioned earlier. After that you can do anything in the game, and it won't crash at all. At least on my rig.

As for the story, it's quite good, but the cut scenes could use some final polishing. With a WTF! ending as well, leaving unanswered questions. The deadbeat tone of our character also made it unintentionally funny a couple of times.Plus the music, which is being played at specific moments, didn't impressed me at all.

But overall I liked the scope of the game, really impressive big locations, but without of feeling bored like in Chrome, which had a huge distances between objectives but failed hard on making it fun for the one who is playing it. There are some more closed locations as well, like military laboratories but you will remember mostly the big ones. Also, many times reaching the objective feels impossible at first, but a creative player will find the way eventually. Combined with good combat system it really was a great ride, probably one of the most surprising titles that felt satisfying.

vivisector2019-08-041wdkel.jpg

vivisector2019-08-041rrkm0.jpg

Gorilla warfare! They are really annoying enemies, since most of them is being teleported on a hills. Combined with their mini-cannon weapon, they can can kill us really quick if we don't react quick enough.

vivisector2019-08-041apk84.jpg

The wet dream of Vladimir Putin - a biomechanical bear with a huge energy weapon on top of him. Despite his size, he really is a fast beast.

vivisector2019-08-042q2k03.jpg

Almost like Far Cry.

vivisector2019-08-042kjjdp.jpg

It's time to run, the enemies are concentrating the fire on us.

vivisector2019-08-04260jw4.jpg

One of many victims of our deadly weapons.

vivisector2019-08-0424tjdx.jpg

Most the locations that we see in the distance will be visited by us, and not only used as a background.

vivisector2019-08-04225jah.jpg

One of the deadliest enemies introduced later on, these leopards ( I think) can quickly zerg rush on you.

vivisector2019-08-051plkej.jpg

vivisector2019-08-051b4jyu.jpg

Looks like I've got a train to catch.

vivisector2019-08-051pijvl.jpg

:shittydog:

vivisector2019-08-05131jbo.jpg

vivisector2019-08-051pfjni.jpg

vivisector2019-08-051epjjq.jpg

vivisector2019-08-05169jtd.jpg

You really feel small while venturing through the word of Vivisector.

vivisector2019-08-051v5jxu.jpg

The black panther, ultimate badass that can become invisible like Predator.

vivisector2019-08-051bmj57.jpg

vivisector2019-08-051y9k0a.jpg

vivisector2019-08-051yqjv3.jpg

:shittydog::shittydog:

One of the weapons can be used to destroy the armor upgrades of the enemies.

vivisector2019-08-0518akdk.jpg

Baron Dupek

Arcane
The game is really stable, but needs beforehand a no-cd crack (game was published by Cenega here, they love to put awful copy protections on everything),
https://pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Fallout_3
Retail - SecuRom/SafeDisc + GfWL
Russian/Potato - no GfWL + StarForce

Russian and Potato retail versions does not support FOSE (Fallout 3 Script Extender)
they saved me from even trying this piece of shit
how kindly for them

Last edited:

octavius

Arcane
Patron
Deus Ex, GMDX

JC meets the (in)famous Chad. But having an augmented penis he doesn't feel threatened.
zcSui4L.png

This slim guy must be an imposter.
nJAVk8Y.png

Enjoying the view of Paris from Everard's super-duper ultra mega secret hideout.
BNtz4v7.png

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Deus Ex, GMDX

JC meets a wise woman in Paris.

Rqu6wMM.png

AKA Merkele 12.
eWcfWc1.png

6R6EnsH.png

EfDju2T.png
Deus Ex predicted so many things correct about the future that it is fucking scary.

Writers must have really been into what they were writing, expecialy governmental and corporate politics, and expected such things to develop. There's no other explanation I can think of. It all is too close to reality to be a matter of coincidence.

Citizen

Finally took the bait and bought kenshi
irhCF1.jpg

Who said chads can't be katana-wielding weebs?
irhQ0c.jpg

I overestimated my dudes power and ended up enslaved by the gang that saved me from a slow and painful death in a desert. But will these shackles hold mr. Chadwick?
irhVBK.jpg

Citizen

I cant take her out of the house unseen so I just left her lying on the floor in coma. I wonder if she will report to the authorities once she is awake
#justchadproblems
irhDID.jpg

And here's an iconic moment - I found a black buddy to loot and enslave with
irhoU0.jpg

epic_handshake_meme-e1534136962951.png

HansDampf

Arcane
MP3

01yxjlg.jpg

026qk6j.jpg

boop

03v1jwg.jpg

Why isn't he dead yet?

05asjgz.jpg

06u2k01.jpg

Next level Boost Ball.

07wzkoa.jpg

Samus doesn't look so good.

08fvkos.jpg

10agj3i.jpg

09kjkr6.jpg

11kejjl.jpg

12adjw4.jpg

Still not dead...

14ekkvz.jpg

13psk47.jpg

If an enemy has a weak spot the X-Ray visor will zoom in and you can one-shot them with the Nova Beam.

15ugj4x.jpg

The source of all evil.

16pfjf9.jpg

17w0jna.jpg

188yjcl.jpg

DoykTfE.gif

19s1jbw.jpg

The end. No more Metroid. Please...

Sjukob

Arcane
Gothic 2 with L'Hiver mod. It's mostly about graphics (ripped from other games), but it also makes the game harder by enhancing enemies and cutting out free stuff (tablets, scrolls, potions), there's some new equipment to play with, but in the end it's a very vanilla like experience. I think that mages are pretty awful to play as in unmodded NoTR, but since mod's author tweaked magic and added slight mana regen I decided to give those bathrobe wearing lunatics another chance.

Khorinis and Minental were edited and expanded, you can travel to places a lot faster now (getting to mine valley pass from Xardas' tower takes you about 15 seconds now) those edits are great and fit the game very well.
Gothic2-2019-08-12-22-16-48-96.png

New monastery
Gothic2-2019-08-14-15-46-27-79.png

Make sure to get your protein before venturing out to save the world, brother
Gothic2-2019-08-14-22-43-24-57.png

the woods look even more ominous than the original ones
Gothic2-2019-08-15-01-30-16-55.png

In realities of this mod mages are terrible in melee, but are still good enough to squash oversized bugs
Gothic2-2019-08-15-01-10-47-16.png

I still have no idea how the fuck did it get there
Gothic2-2019-08-15-12-37-33-70.png

Zombies vs skeletons, also the water mage robes that you can buy from Kronos
Gothic2-2019-08-17-12-11-42-06.png

After Jharkendar it's time to go into the mine valley, the changes to it are noticeable right from the start
Gothic2-2019-08-17-19-18-06-13.png

New coastal area in Minental, undead crew guards the remains of their ship. Before you ask, I didn't cheat myself Beliar's claw, for some reason I got the sword instead of runes.
Gothic2-2019-08-19-23-17-34-82.png

I remember people were saying that seekers were annoying for mages in vanilla, but your robes give you so much magic protection that they are basically helpless against you and you can just pummel them in melee
Gothic2-2019-08-18-01-08-10-80.png

Charged fireball was given a big boost to it's damage, now it hits almost as hard as rain of fire, it will one shot most enemies in the game
Gothic2-2019-08-19-00-22-06-13.png

New shadow lord in the keep near stone dragon, this guy is a real killer, way stronger than Raven
Gothic2-2019-08-20-03-18-03-23.png

Dragons might look scary, but the situation is the same as with seekers, they can't damage a mage with their spells, so I was just standing there spamming charged fireballs at them
Gothic2-2019-08-20-11-44-30-32.png

That strategy works fine until you have to deal with elemental affinity, shadow beast is a lot stronger than it is in the original, so when your fireballs stop doing damage you can morph yourself into a melee god
Gothic2-2019-08-20-11-57-46-77.png

Irdorath is as boring as always, but undead dragon is very strong now, I was running around for a while not knowing what to do until it glitched out and stopped doing anything, after that my demon just tickled it to death
Gothic2-2019-08-21-00-21-01-42.png

What do I think of it ? Well it's a pretty decent mod, though it has some flaws, but I don't feel like going into details in the thread that is just for showcase. If you feel like playing something vanilla like you can give it a go, but mind that it's harder than the original, not "fuck you, lol" type of hard, but still way harder than NoTR.
Gothic2-2019-08-21-00-22-15-06.png

Last edited:

Citizen

Girls in the cyberpunk future:
- HOW UN...PROFESSIONAL
Boys in the cyberpunk future:

itJfe7.jpg

(game's E.Y.E.)

Last edited by a moderator:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom