Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warhammer Warhammer 40,000: Mechanicus - now with Heretek expansion

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Is there a way to scale up the combat speed? The slow attack animations (especially on necron warriors, but also some tech priest ranged shots) is kind of annoying.
Cheatengine's speedhack?!
That messes up the ingame sound though, doesn't it ?
Have no idea mate,in all the games i have played,never have i had such a problem. I am yet to play this game,now i am playing underrail's expansion. Still a speedhack is a must for nearly all TB games,at least for me.

Last edited:

Ebonsword

Arcane
Is it just me, or is Tech-Auxilium easily the best skill tree? Mostly that's because being able to use Canticles multiple times is probably the best ability in the game. However, even some of the lesser abilities are great, like the one that lets you fire a weapon for 2 less CP or the one that grants +2 damage to every Tech-Priest's next attack.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Is it just me, or is Tech-Auxilium easily the best skill tree? Mostly that's because being able to use Canticles multiple times is probably the best ability in the game. However, even some of the lesser abilities are great, like the one that lets you fire a weapon for 2 less CP or the one that grants +2 damage to every Tech-Priest's next attack.
Yeah, you're basically right. The canticle ability is basically Refill CP gauge/Enable machine spirit on all units and weapons/Deal +8 damage with next attack/etc. It's literally lexmechanic's final ability, but with more options AND a lower cooldown. I take the -2 CP gunshot on every techpriest, it is very good.

I feel the explorator/dominus trees are a bit lacking, having to skip ranged/melee weapons to get the benefit of the final perk is pretty harsh.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
After very good initial impressions, I have to say the more I play this, the more pissed I become. The way every combat situation is "kill all enemies" or becomes "kill all enemies" after you satisfy some other whatever inane shit like "get to a console" is just infuriating with all the enemy spawning this game keeps pulling out of its ass at every turn.

Kill all enemies! Okay, you killed all enemies! Suddenly an elevator comes up in the middle with 3 more fuckers!

Get to the console! Okay, you got to the console! Now kill all enemies! For convenience we will now spawn two immortals on the far ends of the fucking map so that you can have fun running to them for multiple turns while the awakening gauge fills up!

SUSPECT ACTIVITY DETECTED! ENTER THE CRONS!

With each "tactical" game I play nowadays I get increasingly more convinced that good tacticool gaemz are a lost art. It's all timers, countdowns, spawns, respawns, 3-4 damage ranges and gimmicks. Somehow JA2 needed none of that nonsense, but I guess system design is teh hard.

Mark Richard

Arcane
After very good initial impressions, I have to say the more I play this, the more pissed I become. The way every combat situation is "kill all enemies" or becomes "kill all enemies" after you satisfy some other whatever inane shit like "get to a console" is just infuriating with all the enemy spawning this game keeps pulling out of its ass at every turn.
The implementation seems really arbitrary and unreflective of the scenario. Getting to a console implies accessing data, so why does this objective come up in an extermination mission? Another objective is to move to an escape zone. Why? What are we escaping from? Sometimes escaping is the first objective, and then you reach the area to get another objective such as kill all enemies. That makes no sense.

One thing I like is the glyphs. I had to draw them in my notepad as they were discovered and jotted down the results of their activation through trial and error.

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria

zapotec

Liturgist
Chaos Gate, Final Liberation.

The first now works well on Windows 10, while to play Final Liberation you need to tinker with it a little

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Dark Omen, Dawn of War and Chaos Gate are very much all great. And then there's a bunch that are well above decent, like Rites of War, Mordheim and Shadow of the Horned Rat.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
:nocountryforshitposters:

Can you give an exam that isn't 30 years old and more than 20 fat incels know about. Those games are decent even if old and aged very poorly,but they are nothing special to the potential of warhammer lore. And they are a good example of what i meant by sticking too close to the core rules and ending up with a forgettable TB game that only a niche of fanatical fans will still play. Everytime they make a warhammer game it ends up the same,a bunch of retarded fanboys make the most generic TB shit. While the genres that are best suited for Warhammer are never touched. Like an actual rpg,most of the games some minor rpg elements where it is about stat dumping. Also there is not a single fucking grand strategy game to the warhammer name,you could argue that totalwar warhammer is one,but that will be very generous. CK2's warhammer mod is 10 times better than most licensed warhammer games,and that shit is buggy and slow as hell.

Which Warhammer games you count as decent ones?
Warhammer: Mark of Chaos was pretty decent rts with similar to TW battle mechanics, Dawn of war with its expansions was decent but the maps and some of the mechanics were pretty bad/generic. Still the base missions were fun. Gothic armada was not a bad idea that ended just another mediocre one.

Fuck,there must be like 50 warhammer games and most of them are mediocre one,can't even remember a third of them. For 20 years and dream of playing and actually great warhammer game,and every fucking time it is the same garbage :roll:.

zapotec

Liturgist
Me too I wonder why they never bothered to do a warhammer fantasy rpg videogame.:(
Something like Darklands but in th Empire would be perfect!

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member

Dayyālu

Arcane
No,i mean that there isn't a single great Warhammer game. Most of them are garbage and there are a few decent ones,but not a single great one. I noticed that most of the garbage tends to stay close to the boardgame rules and forgets that it is a computer game.

On the contrary, no Warhammer game ever tried to approach the boardgame rules because:

1) GW would have gone nuclear (they were incredibly aggressive and defensive regarding the tabletop rules, to avoid "redundancy" with the tabletop rules, thinking that it would have cut into their sales. They let out Total Warhammer only because they nuked the Old World, and you'll never get a Field of Glory equivalent)

2) The tabletop rules for Warhammer are complete trash nowadays. They were adequate in the 90ies (if a tad unbalanced) and proceeded to become weirder and worse in the decades following. Nowadays Warhammer (both 40k and AoS) is a weirdo abomination of cargo cult design and insanely shitty "updates" that make the game flat-out puzzling to play for someone used to "real" tabletop wargames (bar Bolt Action, probably, because Bolt Action is 40k 3rd edition with Nazis instead of Space Marines).

Made-up TB rules are easier to develop, simple as that. Even with Panzer General clones, you get good games (Rites) or messy confusing what the fuck (Armageddon).

I'd love to play Mechanicus, but the arrrr versions I've found have massive framerate problems. I don't exactly get why the hell the reqs are so high.

Something like Darklands but in th Empire would be perfect!

Seeing the attempts with the Inquisitor game, don't ask because you'll get monkey paw. GW's approach is to throw the license at everyone and hope they make a buck, and the Old World is dead and buried for 'em.

(Also I liked Mark of Chaos a lot for the dubbing - TOWARDS IMMORTALITY!, CHOOSE NOW THORGAR CHOOSE YOUR ETERNAL MASTER- the ambience and....that's it pretty much. Also sexy delves in the exp pack. Pity it's unplayable with recent systems).

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria
Can you give an exam that isn't 30 years old and more than 20 fat incels know about.
iu

Not a 30 years old game.

Warhammer: Mark of Chaos
That was a failure, with its lack of friendly fire and dueling gimmick.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
They were adequate in the 90ies
The same could be said about most of the table top games,they really translate terrible in to PC games.

I don't exactly get why the hell the reqs are so high.
I have noticed that the quality of fine tuning a game is lost to this generation. I am replaying some games that look great and run great,while the modern one are just mediocre looks with terrible performance. The advance of technology made those little worms called devs pretty lazy.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
five necrons on the map

objective: KILL ALL ENEMIES

ok I kill all enemies

SUDDENLY

a platform appears with two more

new objective: KILL ALL ENEMIES

ok I kill all enemies

SUDDENLY

ANOTHER platform appears with ANOTHER two

ok I kill all enemies

SUDDENLY

an elevator with 3 lychguards appears in the middle of the map where my skitarii have been sniping

and for some ass-backwards reason they get to act immediately and proceed to assrape said skitarii

NEW OBJECTIVE: KILL ALL ENEMIES

/ragequit

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
five necrons on the map

objective: KILL ALL ENEMIES

ok I kill all enemies

SUDDENLY

a platform appears with two more

ok I kill all enemies

SUDDENLY

ANOTHER platform appears with ANOTHER two

ok I kill all enemies

SUDDENLY

an elevator with 3 lychguards appears in the middle of the map where my skitarii have been sniping

and for some ass-backwards reason they get to act immediately and proceed to assrape said skitarii

NEW OBJECTIVE: KILL ALL ENEMIES

/ragequit
Buahahaha you sound like you are playing druidstone LOL. I take it you will give it positive review then.

Mark Richard

Arcane
There's a mission where you have to raid the Necron's Warhammer 40,000 model collection. I'm so not making this up.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom