Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Underrail: The Incline Awakens

Black Angel

Arcane
What's the "proper" way to dodge the camera in the Joint Security Headquarters?

You get the TNT from the left area, then you go back to the entrance to blow up the wall to your items. There's a camera right next to you after you zone into the entrance area, how are you supposed to know its orientation?
I can't think of a way other than abusing ENTER COMBAT button, or at least slow down the game speed.

Anyway, why won't you implement the microchip into your hand?
I visited Fetid Marshes again today and I have to say that I like the area very much. Barely did any combat while there, but it's a fun stealth puzzle. Maybe Styg intended it that way? With the combat approach being the least favorable one.

If only you could tell where exactly you can and can't walk, maybe.
Yeah, that place is definitely designed with stealth + high AGI (we're talking 12 AGI and more here) in mind. I returned there by way of backtracking from Viridescent Quarry, there's one particular part of the map where a PER check (I don't know how much we need, I had 6 PER + Snooping with full specialization, means I had 11 PER for the purpose of stat check) would allow you to easily bypass a chunk of a particularly fucked up zone. Before discovering the PER check, I had to blow a TNT to open up a path in said zone, then quickly bail out of there before getting detected by anything. Guess what happens when I return there? The whole map is filled with shitloads of snakes, wyrms, and fucking locusts coming out of 4 (5?) Hives, completely fucked with my laptop I constantly back off to the other map out of fear of crashing the game. Thankfully, they went back to their Hives after a long while, but it's still fucked up. I can't, for the life of me, imagine how a character with either zero stealth, low AGI, or insufficient PER, or even a combination of them all, would ever be able to do anything there.

Now that we're talking about Fetid Marsh,
the spot for PER check I mentioned leads to a small underground cavern with a tent, a footlocker, and a Slimy Tablet Computer. Anybody knows what to do with the tablet computer? I think there's something you can do with it by giving it to Seeger, but the Expedition has long since left my game. Also, the footlocker contained an "Arena Now" Broadcast Schedule oddity, AND a Signed Arena Ticket with 'C' on it. Could it be fucking Carnifex traversed the Fetid Marsh and back?

Parabalus

Arcane
I can't think of a way other than abusing ENTER COMBAT button, or at least slow down the game speed.

You can't enter combat after changing zones, it gets a cooldown. Speed setting doesn't matter here, since the cameras also turn faster.

This is after implanting the microchip, while you're trying to get your items back (going back after taking the TNT). Without implanting the chip you can't get pass the scanner in the first place.

Last edited:

hell bovine

Arcane
You can take the scientist out of the build, but... ;) So here is some experimental data for all you RNG-connoisseurs. First, the setup: Patsy vs. a turret, mainly because it was very easy to repeat. The turret doesn't move and if you take a step back, it can't retaliate either. Next, the experiment: five series of 10 shots, noted down the number of hits & misses. The displayed hit chance was 63%, as you can see from the screenshot. The results: 31 hits out of 50, so 62%. Patsy had one memorable series at the very beginning: 7 hits in a row! (But that's the way math magic works: human minds remember the unusual, but not the whole picture.)

Black Angel

Arcane

You can't enter combat after changing zones, it gets a cooldown. Speed setting doesn't matter here, since the cameras also turn faster.

This is after implanting the microchip, while you're trying to get your items back (going back after taking the TNT). Without implanting the chip you can't get pass the scanner in the first place.
Right, I didn't read your post properly.

Just tried to do it now, and slowing down your game definitely helps since it gives you time to orient yourself properly and get around those pillars and block the camera's vision. First, make sure the camera 'happens' to be facing the exact opposite way as you enter the left area. It wouldn't matter how long you spend in the left area, since as you return to the area the camera would still start from its exact opposite facing position. Not being in stealth definitely helps you move faster, and also pay attention if you happened to get webbed by those weavers, since they tend to leave some webs on the floor.

Ent

Savant
Does anyone know where the Psycho-temporal Contraction mentor is located? I'm getting ready to go into the expansion content but I haven't found that spell yet.

ciox

Liturgist
Does anyone know where the Psycho-temporal Contraction mentor is located? I'm getting ready to go into the expansion content but I haven't found that spell yet.
Sold by one of the docs, I think in Rail Crossing.

Rinslin Merwind

Erudite
Soon I finally finish my suffering expansion, but one question can't leave me in peace:
Is there actually a way to destroy shadowlith? I was just thinking that maybe it wasn't right to run like a bitch from alien shit that belongs to species that probably (just theory) responsible for destruction of Earth surface isn't helping situation.

Parabalus

Arcane
Soon I finally finish my suffering expansion, but one question can't leave me in peace:
Is there actually a way to destroy shadowlith? I was just thinking that maybe it wasn't right to run like a bitch from alien shit that belongs to species that probably (just theory) responsible for destruction of Earth surface isn't helping situation.

You need the torch from the native graveyard.
Talk to the outcast (yngwar, black see groto) or Ferryman+symbol on statue in front of native chief cave.

Wunderbar

Arcane
How long is expansion?

West storage depot - Horticular Center & Nexus of Technology - Liberating Oldfield from pirates - Lemurian health center & Joint security headquarters - Abyssal station - ???.

Parabalus

Arcane
What dictates whether the torch does 40-80 or 80-120 damage? Will? It only mentions precision in the tooltip.

How long is expansion?

West storage depot - Horticular Center & Nexus of Technology - Liberating Oldfield from pirates - Lemurian health center & Joint security headquarters - Abyssal station - ???.

That's it.

You need the torch from the native graveyard.
Talk to the outcast (yngwar, black see groto) or Ferryman+symbol on statue in front of native chief cave.
Wait, natives can talk on normal language? I managed to find one loner in some cave, but he was hostile.

You need high int to "communicate". If you killed him (check your map, it's called "Black Sea Grotto"), the other option I mentioned is available to you.
If you want further spoilers
The native statue is at their main base, it has a symbol on a hammer, memorize it. Talk to ferryman about how he killed a native and learn at which body part he threw the shard. Then go go native graveyard (no save zone), search for bone crank, then pull up the right tomb (memorized symbol on throne) and search the body part which the ferry man told you.

Rinslin Merwind

Erudite
[QUOTE="Parabalus, post: 6267677, member: 19581"

You need high int to "communicate". If you killed him (check your map, it's called "Black Sea Grotto"), the other option I mentioned is available to you.
If you want further spoilers
The native statue is at their main base, it has a symbol on a hammer, memorize it. Talk to ferryman about how he killed a native and learn at which body part he threw the shard. Then go go native graveyard (no save zone), search for bone crank, then pull up the right tomb (memorized symbol on throne) and search the body part which the ferry man told you.
[/QUOTE]
Thank you for information, don't worry I need all spoilers in the world, because I want to kill this bitch and before I tried to avoid natives.

Blackmill

Scholar
What's the "proper" way to dodge the camera in the Joint Security Headquarters?

You get the TNT from the left area, then you go back to the entrance to blow up the wall to your items. There's a camera right next to you after you zone into the entrance area, how are you supposed to know its orientation?

Not sure about proper but what I did was immediately take a step back onto the red "exit" tile. It still takes the camera a half second to recognize you so there should be time. On the red tile the camera can't see you and you can place a TNT right underneath the camera to blow it up. This will also draw all the automatons to your area, but with some cleverness, you can work around that even with low stealth. More details in the spoiler.

You can go through the left area and into the office it connects to in the entry area. If you've found the MEP grenades, throw one inside the office, and you can draw all the robots from the left area entrance to the office. Then just return the way you came with your last TNT.

Parabalus

Arcane
Anyone knows the highest hacking skillcheck requirement?

130 in Deep Caverns

Edit: You don't need more than 115 with https://www.underrail.com/wiki/index.php?title=Huxkey

Even less if you have Expedition.

Huxkey doesn't help you with that particular 130 check, since it's on a computer console.

Ramnozack

Cipher
Patron
How much mercantile do you need for Rays special inventory?
Anyone knows the highest hacking skillcheck requirement?

130 in Deep Caverns

Edit: You don't need more than 115 with https://www.underrail.com/wiki/index.php?title=Huxkey

Even less if you have Expedition.

Don't forget Hypercerebrix, if you can find or make it

Ramnozack

Cipher
Patron
By the way, how much mercantile is necessary to get to 95 effective with hypercerebrix and 7 base intelligence, along with 60 base persuasion?

PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I've been having a fun time doing a playthrough on hard with a crossbow/trapper. Only level 12 or 13 or something, but since this is the first time I've played on Hard, I'm happy that it's working.

Blackmill

Scholar
Is there any way to access the skills and attributes of enemies? I'm interested in what my chance to evade will be with high agility and precognition.

Parabalus

Arcane
Anyone found the Psi Beetle Brain yet? Or a use for the Broken Off Spike?

Is there any way to access the skills and attributes of enemies? I'm interested in what my chance to evade will be with high agility and precognition.

If you want to estimate there's http://underrail.info.tm/junk/precision.html, precognition is just additive.

The stats of enemies and their immunities should really be viewable somewhere, or just showing the rolls.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
By the way, how much mercantile is necessary to get to 95 effective with hypercerebrix and 7 base intelligence, along with 60 base persuasion?
Just use the character builder.
http://underrail.info.tm/build/

Speaking of the character builder, I believe it suffers from a slight oversight and fails to account for the 1 additional base ability point you receive at level 28... unless you don't receive one, that is, although I don't see why you wouldn't.

I dunno, my character isn't level 28 yet.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom