Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Kingmaker - Enhanced Plus Edition - now with turn-based combat

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
So you won't go insane an unregistered easter egg from developers: if you hold CTRL while clicking to move you'll ignore collision with other characters.

Great tip. I’d been using charge, which actually improved my game because charge is awesome. Okbo would literally wander around doing nothing most the game without it.

Desiderius

Patron
You don't need more than two tanks

Melee is for crit chains, not tanking.

But yeah, other (chaotic) playthrough is sling-staff freebooter main with no tanks (monster tactician Harrim and difficult terrain/web + the rest ranged).

Yosharian

Arcane
You don't need more than two tanks

Melee is for crit chains, not tanking.

But yeah, other (chaotic) playthrough is sling-staff freebooter main with no tanks (monster tactician Harrim and difficult terrain/web + the rest ranged).
I'm saying if you're megabuffing three magus characters you're probably doing it wrong because you don't need more than two AC tanks, the others can use reach weapons

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Who is the strongest caster in the game?

An kineticist with magma deadly earth + cloud can put ludicrous amount of damage / round

I won't deny that. However for burst damage and damage per round, a wizard or sorcerer Arcane Trickster has them beat. An illusionist can beat them in aoe instant death dealing. Of course mage resources are limited.

PrettyDeadman

I am using sylvian sorcerer with spell school focus conjuration and spell focus burning hands at the moment (level 2). My party is kinda crappy (jaethal and cleric left) so I am having trouble with temple encounter at level 2.
I am thinking about getting to level 3.
YlAJ94I.png

ArchAngel

Arcane

An kineticist with magma deadly earth + cloud can put ludicrous amount of damage / round

I won't deny that. However for burst damage and damage per round, a wizard or sorcerer Arcane Trickster has them beat. An illusionist can beat them in aoe instant death dealing. Of course mage resources are limited.
No lol, my Kineticists was doing 500 damage with empowered maximised Deadly Earth in huge AoE with no save. Nothing Arcane Trickster has can beat that.
That death illusion spell only works vs some enemies that have weaker saves and does not work on golems and others.

Last edited:

Ziggy

Scholar
plan to replay this soon, haven't played since shortly after release
any of the mods good and stable?

_Vic_

Educated
Not only the mods that uses unity manager (if a mod does not work it told you even before you load a savegame) also the sucessive patches made the game more stable and improved some of the more annoying things of the game.

santino27

Arcane
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Great tip. I’d been using charge, which actually improved my game because charge is awesome. Okbo would literally wander around doing nothing most the game without it.

I've found that unless my animal companions charge as an initiator for combat (along with my other melees), they'll still get stuck behind the back line characters.

Didn't know about the CTRL-click combo though... that's huge because sometimes pathing gets obnoxious in dungeons otherwise.

Yosharian

Arcane

Is there a preferred archetype/bloodline for a trickster sorc? Thinking of remaking my party sorc into one.
Maybe I'll change her into a Wizard. Dunno.

Sykar

Arcane

No lol, my Kineticists was doing 500 damage with empowered maximised Deadly Earth in huge AoE with no save. Nothing Arcane Trickster has can beat that.
That death illusion spell only works vs some enemies that have weaker saves and does not work on golems and others.

That just means that Deadly Earth is a disgusting piece of shit ability that you should avoid at all cost.

ArchAngel

Arcane

That just means that Deadly Earth is a disgusting piece of shit ability that you should avoid at all cost.
So is Wierd vs many enemies in the game (especially Fey). It is part of the class and cannot be ignored when saying which class is better.

Desiderius

Patron
I am using sylvian sorcerer with spell school focus conjuration and spell focus burning hands at the moment (level 2). My party is kinda crappy (jaethal and cleric left) so I am having trouble with temple encounter at level 2.
I am thinking about getting to level 3.
YlAJ94I.png

Why do people rush into the hardest content without leveling first?

Desiderius

Patron

I've found that unless my animal companions charge as an initiator for combat (along with my other melees), they'll still get stuck behind the back line characters.

Didn't know about the CTRL-click combo though... that's huge because sometimes pathing gets obnoxious in dungeons otherwise.

My pal play through has degenerated into opening every combat with a five charge zerg rush, two of which are pounces (including smilodon Amiri). Speed kills.

Sykar

Arcane

So is Wierd vs many enemies in the game (especially Fey). It is part of the class and cannot be ignored when saying which class is better.

Weird is not available until level 17/18 and actually allows for two! saves and some enemies are immune.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom