Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dragon Age Dragon Age: Dreadwolf - full reveal in Summer 2024, Solas fangirls rejoice

Neanderthal

Arcane
A pint of your finest soy my good man.

Last edited by a moderator:

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Remember that LotR scene where Barad-dur collapses, the ground under Mordor splits open and all the filth tumbles down into the abyss?

Been dreaming for a while about that exact thing happening to Bioware and the entire EA.

"And Illuvatar said: EA! Let this shit NOT be anymore." (Silmarillion, look it up).

Space Satan

Arcane
Vatnik

The comments are:
66393763_1461385330668644_184416568319340937_n.jpg

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
The Dread Wolf still rises: http://blog.bioware.com/2019/09/05/september-update/

Other Stuff Going On

We have several other big projects in the works. I wish I could tell you more about them, but they’re mostly super-secret right now. I can say however that one of our projects has a large and growing team in Edmonton working through pre-production, and based on the progress I’m seeing, I can confirm that indeed the Dread Wolf rises.

Also, BioWare Edmonton moved to new offices.

J1M

Arcane
The Dread Wolf still rises: http://blog.bioware.com/2019/09/05/september-update/

Other Stuff Going On

We have several other big projects in the works. I wish I could tell you more about them, but they’re mostly super-secret right now. I can say however that one of our projects has a large and growing team in Edmonton working through pre-production, and based on the progress I’m seeing, I can confirm that indeed the Dread Wolf rises.

Smaller offices?

Neanderthal

Arcane

Other Stuff Going On

Smaller offices?

That's sizeist you shitlord!

Differently proportioned.

Neerasrc

Learned
Frostbite game engine is very weak due to RPG mechanics. Remember the dragon age inquisition. We couldn't even give +1 to our muscle strength. A new DA game built on the anthem? Even the unreal engine laughs at it. DICE has to stop making BF and improve the game engine and mechanics. Maybe something will happen then. But will the EA allow it? Of course no -)

Note: I didn't read the discussions on the other pages.

Neerasrc

Learned
The blame is normal for every changing game engine. Throwing thousands of mechanics into the trash. rewrite them all... That's why Bethesda's been driving the same engine for years. It takes years to write a new engine and thousands of mechanics. There is also the process of making games moreover. DICE has to work harder. I still miss old bioware productions. but that's the case.

Turuko

Learned
You can't blame the engine for the RPG systems.
FIFA ( and MADDEN probably, i don't know) have more stats & details pages than Inquisition
Anthem released without a single stat sheet at all, i don't even know if they added it later

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
Has this become the de facto BioWare life support monitor thread?

You know, BioWare originally began as a developer of medical industry software, thus the name. Perhaps as their final project they could write their own life support monitoring software.

J1M

Arcane
Has this become the de facto BioWare life support monitor thread?

You know, BioWare originally began as a developer of medical industry software, thus the name. Perhaps as their final project they could write their own life support monitoring software.
That software was the official bioware forum. It was deactivated due to chronic brain damage.

bat_boro

Arcane
I think we'll witness EA pulling the plug on this terminal patient in this very thread, in about 2 to 3 years time. What a time to be alive

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom