Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

_

Kz3r0

Arcane
Kz3r0 , you mentioned increasing security at the gate. How?
First investigate any possible connections between the personnel assigned there and the Ori, rotate the personnel in a way that no one is left alone to do something funny and also change the composition of the teams to make sure that any possible accomplishes are separated, also whatever it takes to make sure that no one is putting in addresses we don’t know anything about.

a cut of domestic sheep prime

Was writing out my vote, but just realized I missed the last vote. This is what I would have voted:
A2>A3
B2

Crom is our pet project at creating a myth of godhood around ourselves. If we send a group of men who claim to know all about us, that we aren’t a god and that the mighty Wellesy is just an old general in a bunker that they almost killed, the project will be ruined.

I’m a bit worried about selling them off because if too many hardened killers get sold our ally may have a slave uprising on they’re hands, or just cease to trust our merchandise. I would rather execute them.

That said, it’s better than just letting them go only to have them come back and bite us in the ass later.

Oh, and we should definitely redistribute the female wealth of our conquered lands. Women are property now. As it should be.

A1) have some balls, you fucking cucks. You know this is going to screw us over in the long run if we relocate them. It’s the same exact mistake that we made when we broadcasted REFUGEES WELCOME in the first place. Look at all the shit that’s happened because of that.

Also, you niggers took all the votes, so fuck ya, I’m going to make my own vote:

I) Prioritize capturing a goa’uld sarcophagus. SG teams are instructed to report any mention of one and actively acquire one if possible in order to lower SG personal long-term mortality rates.

This as opposed to just destroying them, as SG1 did on more than one occasion (Hathor and the planet with the father and daughter pretending to be goa’uld gods).

I realize that it’s not exactly easy to acquire one, but we do need it. As has been mentioned before, we have a limited amount of trained SG teams and we are an old man, so this kind of kills two birds with one stone. It would also go a long way toward proving that we are a god if we could return the dead to life.

Last edited by a moderator:

Yes I know we shouldn't reveal ourselves but I want to see what happens
I’m torn on it. On the one hand, they’re clearly a growing power. On the other hand, we see just how vulnerable the base is to attack now and these guys are an even bigger threat than the cartel (logistically speaking).

Your reasoning is pretty bad though. Every let’s play we made a choice just to see what would happen in the past usually ended in disaster. “Sphere diplomacy” in Epic for example, where we got a 3000 year timeskip filled with unending torture.

hello friend

Arcane
Lambchop19 I agree it's a bad idea. I almost changed my vote immediately after making it, but decided to see where this goes. I think we have little to gain from making us known to the Mormons, and much to lose. Just revealing to such a large group that we're out there, by itself is very bad infosec. What if the Goa'Uld capture some people from this large out-in-the-open faction? And so on.

But I try to maintain a reasonable balance between smart choices and interesting choices. Playing it safe all the time makes the CYOA more boring, but taking to many chances just makes it go off the rails.

What I'm saying is you're right and I don't care.

I have no idea how this new method of voting even works.

A1) Hell no, we are full. We have done all that we could for a lot of people.

C2) Leave the damn transmitter alone. We have no idea what it is transmitting. For all we know, its a "we're ok, homebase" signal, and disrupting it will bring real retaliation

He had almost finished when a native man punched a flint dagger into his abdominal spine. Even in his own mind, he could not quite describe this pain unlike any he had felt before. The native flipped him and stabbed his belly several times. The woman was sobbing but it didn't sound particularly loud. Leaving the dagger in Troy, his assailant pulled the woman upright and punched her face. Her screams were terror but his were rage. With a warbling hand, the Kansas man loosed his holster. The pistol fell out. His fingers pressed the hilt but it slipped away across the moss. An agonized howl swallowed up his world.
told you guys that we should have defanged the natives.

look at the early american settlers: they tried multiple times to live in peace with their native counterparts only to be massacered again and again.

it wasn't until the native population was decimated that things finally calmed down.

Oh well, at least we only lost a redneck.

A2, hell no. The last thing we need it for them to create some sort of nano plague that will wipe us out.

B2, they're hostile and have advanced tech. maybe even tech advanced enough to harm us via the stargate (though matter can only travel one way, some forms of energy can travel both ways). There's no room for negotiation with beings hat deem themselves our gods. All previous attempts with the priors have failed.

C1 - screw them.

@Lambchop19 Expect a sarcophagus opportunity soon.
:yeah:

Ah man, I was really rooting it for our man Troy. RIP Troy, he was a post-apoc redneck bro.

A2) Hell no, this seems like the recipe for your average Stargate episode. Eggheads decide to do experiment on alien with unknown tech, BAM! A bunch of Ori cultists start doing all sorts of weird things. O'neill and co have to fix the mess. "Flood it with Carbon Monoxide" is kind of a stupid plan, we know the Ori aren't normal homo sapiens anymore. This seems like a recipe for the Ori to no-sell our gas because he does breathe carbon monoxide. I would do trust this more if we were flooding it with nerve gas or acid.

B2) We have nothing to talk with these "people."

C1) Let's see what Clemens is made of. Best solution, he actually hears everybody and gets them all to sing kumbaya. Worst case, he fucks up and we can scapegoat him and execute him in order to eliminate one of the witnesses of what we did to Kinsey.

Kz3r0

Arcane
A

First things first, besides the guy begging for naquadah shouldn’t have much to spare, he will get more reasonable with time.

The SGC is not a chemical weapons facility. (Kwan does not possess chemical weapons. Kwan has never possessed chemical weapons.) General Hammond procured the nerve gas with special permission for use in securing the gate. Wellesy (you) transferred it to guard the main base entrance and expended it on the cartel. If you can think of any other chemical the facility would reasonably store, I will modify the choice to use it instead.
In the episode "foothold" the excuse the aliens made was that there was a chemical leak of tetrachloroethylene that caused Carter to hallucinate.

Since she didn't freak out and say there was none on the base, it's reasonable to assume that it's there.

It may not be as good as nerve gas, but in a pinch it might be ok to use it.

https://stargate.fandom.com/wiki/Tetrachloroethylene
"Ah, Tau'ri! Your warriors told me you do not leave a man behind. I thought to myself: surely they will be ransomed but you have not sent me the naquadah. Do you feel these men failed you? Let me show you what we do to those who those for fail their gods." A man in lavish robes waved his hand over the prisoners. They writhed and cried out. He laughed. "I will torment them to death but that will not be the end of their suffering. For I am the great god Khepri who resurrects his enemies to delight in their continued sufferings." The man put his face close to the camera lens. "I am not a patient master, Tau'ri. The price to ransom them is now 200 debens of pure naquadah."
We really should have just given it to him in the last choice, but this extra bit of intel is all I need to make this choice.

B - The sarcaphugus is vital to future base operations. Resurrecting dead SG members, healing the severely injured, showing our supernatural powers to impress natives, and what better way to keep political threats at bay than by offering them the ultimate bribe: clinical immortality.

Of course, we will need to limit who knows about it, and who uses it and how often, but having this device would be a game changer.

Also, Usury, in addition to the normal MRI checks for devices or symbiant, SG-5 will need psychological testing. Being resurrected over and over again in a sarcophagus can cause addiction and can even be used to brainwash someone. Their security clearance will need to be limited for a time and perhaps tests given to them to make sure that they are still loyal.

The Military Accountability Party intends to thoroughly investigate the misdeeds of the military-industrial complex. Not just the nuking of earth but the criminal mismanagement of sending thousands of unprepared colonists to Crom, the abolition of women's rights, the rampant pedophilia in the SGC, the genocide in the Land of Light, the liquidation of political threats and the hoarding of resources. My party wants to build infrastructure."

"Is that all you're up to?" Wellesy raised his eyebrow.

"Everyone on the Alpha Site is talking about an alien called Khepri. Evidently, this creature is torturing some of your men and you don't care. This image of indifference you project is hurting my campaign."
Clearly these people are getting comfortable on the alpha site. They need a disaster to make them fear enough to trust us absolutely.

I wonder if we could arrange for more of those tree mimics to make their way to the camp? That or some kind of other threat that wouldn't put the base in too much danger, but would be sufficient to make people afraid for their lives?

What about a traitor in their midst? Someone who is communicating with the aliens in secret? That Kinsey guy for example...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom