Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter INSOMNIA: The Ark - dieselpunk sci-fi action-RPG set on a decaying space station

StaticSpine

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Did this game ever get better? I've thought about getting it a few times, but when it came out most of the feedback seemed pretty negative with lots of people saying to "wait for patches". Did the patches make it worth a purchase?
Didn't play the latest versions, but at the start along with numerous bugs Insomnia had a lot of serious gameplay flaws. And as I've seen the devs only addressed the bugs in updates.

Skdursh

Savant
Didn't play the latest versions, but at the start along with numerous bugs Insomnia had a lot of serious gameplay flaws. And as I've seen the devs only addressed the bugs in updates.

How was the actual story/dialog? Is the game heavier on combat or on character/world building and story?

StaticSpine

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong

How was the actual story/dialog? Is the game heavier on combat or on character/world building and story?
The story was intriguing. The quests were mostly Fedex. Combat-heavy, yeah, it's an Action RPG. I dropped the game when it became too combat-heavy (~15 hours ingame iirc).

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
So does anyone know when the next patch is coming out? I do really feel an itch to play some third person action rpg,and was dreaming of playing this.

Try Remnant.
I have a pirated copy on my hdd but i don't feel like installing it,it have everything i dislike in a action rpg. Respawnable enemy,shit checkpoint save system,no side quests and such,procedurally generated garbage,the levels look like something from darksiders(drab and soulless). I don't feel like playing it,maybe i should rererereplay ELEX.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
https://steamcommunity.com/games/783170/announcements/detail/1607142740272385149

INSOMNIA merch + v1.6 current progress

7b255855138c8f9b7dbcdcef667665151ed9c329.jpg

Hello everyone! One other thing we have been busy lately was fulfilling our Kickstarter commitments. KS backers have been an important factor in INSOMNIA actually getting made, so we wanted to set time aside and get the rewards out. This included sending out the surveys, collecting the data, printing shirts, posters, preparing the DRM-free CD-version of the game along with other pieces of INSOMNIA inspired merchandise. We will start shipping our first parcels as soon as everything is in place.

73d0864805fba479187d2b8eddd84abf08de1cb1.gif

Since we’ve attracted a number of brand new insomniacs after the game has been released on Steam, we keep our doors open to the opportunity of introducing this Kickstarter-only memorabilia to a wider audience in the future, should there be a demand for it.

V1.6 update status

As we have mentioned in our previous update, the current release candidate has been tested by our QA department recently. And while we have a confirmation that the false SteamVR initiation bug is no longer a threat (we have used the actual VR set this time, whoa!), there are still a number of reported issues we would like to double-check before finally releasing v1.6 to the public. The next QA session is planned to start on August 26th which is the date when we expect to receive an updated build.

8a24cf1ceb6a529fb594d57fcb702f0cd0013527.png

Other than that, we have lined up a list of 170 additional issues that are going to be addressed after v1.6 is released. These fixes should cover the remaining problems our community faced so far. Completing this version will be an important step towards Linux and Mac versions of the game along with any other possible additional content being released for INSOMNIA in the future.

Until next time!

Ismaul

Thought Criminal #3333
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Hey now, let's not all start making posts devoid of content just to bump the thread.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom