Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Seven: The Days Long Gone - Thief-inspired isometric action-RPG from former CD Projekt devs

Self-Ejected

Safav Hamon

Self-Ejected
Village Idiot The Real Fanboy
The only controversial game I've championed is Pillars of Eternity II, which even Darth Roxor liked.

My favorite RPGs are Fallout, Ultima, Gothic, Divine Divinity, and Deus Ex. This game has elements of all five, which should explain why I like it so much.

Last edited:

JDR13

Arcane
I've only played the demo, which was way too short, but I'm intrigued by this game and want to give it a shot. I didn't care for how far the camera was zoomed out, but the world seems unique and quite interesting, and I find myself wanting to know more about it.

Paul_cz

Arcane
Finally cleared enough of my backlog to get to this one. So far I only played 20 minutes before work, but so far it seems like it plays nicely (with controller on TV, PC version in 4K all maxed) and looks quite unique and pretty.
Couple questions though:
- is there a way to drag/hide guard bodies? I could only rob them/trap them
- is there a way to take out guards nonlethaly, and if so how does that work (do they wake up etc?)

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Can't drag bodies from what I remember, but you get some kind of poison later and with that you can dissolve bodies.
You can take out dudes non-lethal, just remove your weapons from your hands and a non-lethal option should come up. Think they wake up yes.

Paul_cz

Arcane
12 hours later, yeah this game is great. It is clearly made by Witcher devs. Well written, with fun quests and very handcrafted design. I am really digging it a ton.

Paul_cz

Arcane
60 hours later, finished!

It was great. I think I did every single quest in the game (74 in total) and tried to be as merciful as I could. I did manage to get the best ending and
convince Artanak not to blow up the capital and instead use subterfuge against Drugan.
Unfortunately that just leaves me with giant blue balls for a sequel that will likely never come.
Loved the handcrafted approach to everything, the quest design, world design, writing. The cyberpunkish semifantasy post-apo settings was very distinctive. Drowned Past was mostly awesome but a bit annoying at the end, with too vague journal descriptions. And is it possible to
resurrect or save Thea and the other three or not? I did not find a way.
Also, hiring Gavin Dunne for ending song was a nice choice.

If I should find some nits to pick, I guess the character progression was a bit too fast so I became very strong quite early. Once I got the Vulkan sword and Theyra's jacket I was pretty much indestructible. But eh who cares, it was fun.

It is a bit depressing this game got so overlooked. It is a labour of love from people who shipped Witcher 3 and wanted t make their own RPG completely with their own vision, and suceeded admirably.

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
so i finally started this ( was waiting for underrail 2nd playtrough + expeditions, but i figure i could wait till expeditions comes out and started this instead because i thought by the time i am done, underrail will have maybe one or 2 patches )

just got to the prison island (which is the main hub i assume? ) it's tight so far. story is and background lore is quite compelling, even the setting is really different, it really got that thief vibes. the tutorial level is pretty tight. kinda easy, but i really like the verticality of it.

PsychoFox

Educated
Does this game have player choice in outcome of quests and story and does it have skill checks? Basically how linear is it? Is it called an RPG because it has stats or does it have meaningful RP elements?

Paul_cz

Arcane
Does this game have player choice in outcome of quests and story and does it have skill checks? Basically how linear is it? Is it called an RPG because it has stats or does it have meaningful RP elements?
Yes some (not all, but quite a few) quests have multiple outcomes and the endings are decided by player actions (or inactions).
It is much more of an RPG than say, Diablo, but less than Torment.

PsychoFox

Educated
Yes some (not all, but quite a few) quests have multiple outcomes and the endings are decided by player actions (or inactions).
Nice. I'll add this to the backlog.

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
i think i am halfway (?) now. just reached the zone 4 city. did most of the quest in zone 1,2 and 3. so far it is enjoyable, but some things are really rough.

one of biggest gripe is enemy respawn TOO fast, and they respawn if you die (usually because of falling) even if you have cleared enemy on that area. combat is also pretty shallow. the atmosphere and quests are fun, not much C&C but it is serviceable. the MC and artanak are fun characters, but otherwise i haven't met anyone else that isn't a generic quest dispenser.

7/10 so far.

Martyr

Arcane
Nice. I'll add this to the backlog.
be aware of the fact that the main menu features western themed music!
seriously, often times the main menu and its soundtrack pretty much set the mood for the whole game. like Elminage Gothic or Dark Sun. why in god's name did they choose cowboy music for a cyberpunk game?? that's so freaking *coughle* immersion-breaking! :argh:

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
I just found this got enhanced with a free DLC so tried a bit.
A bit was 10 hours ago....
All this stealth, thievery and such <3
My only 2 problems are fast respawning wild life and unneededly "complicated" crafting. I really hate this kind of, go gather all them junk, crafting...

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Ma'Mon is a really pretty place.

i am doing the beast belly or whatever that quest name is. so it's almost over? i think i am gonna come out and do the sidequests. there are 2 fetch quests so far that DIY thing in the village where you have to collect spare parts and the other one is the one with the socks.

are these even worth doing? because the quests so far are pretty good to okay, but these seems like straight awful.

Paul_cz

Arcane
Ma'Mon is a really pretty place.

i am doing the beast belly or whatever that quest name is. so it's almost over? i think i am gonna come out and do the sidequests. there are 2 fetch quests so far that DIY thing in the village where you have to collect spare parts and the other one is the one with the socks.

are these even worth doing? because the quests so far are pretty good to okay, but these seems like straight awful.
I have a very vague recollection of it. I did them, but mostly for the OCD, I doubt they were in any way worth it.

Paul_cz

Arcane
so nobody did ever find the solution for that last bit of DLC quest?

havong those 3 soul spheres and have nothing else to do with it?

Paul_cz
Apparently there is nothing to do with them, even Thea whose mind can be stored in the sphere cannot be resurrected, as confirmed by dev on steam forums

Paul_cz

Arcane
Ok, that was pretty pointless. What is the difference between trapped in a bowling ball and death? I would just chose the latter
My guess is this is something they did not have time to finish or wanted to do in a sequel or something

But there will never be a sequel

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
I2Oc13C.jpg

this Lady Firefly is one naughty girl

Quillon

Arcane
Yeah she should cook those eggplants in the kitchen instead of snacking on bed. It doesn't seem very healthy.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom