Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dungeons and Dragons Online - Fair Codexia Dead - DDO NEWs Thread!

Lhynn

Arcane
last time i tried this it refused to launch, and now i'm bored anough i can give it another chance.
suggestions for viable solo builds? can it still be played for free or did it go deeper and deeper into p2w territory?
The model is as fair as it always was.
Theres a new paid expansion tho, ill probably get it for black friday just because DDO has given me many hours of fun, even if i end up never playing the content.

Hoaxmetal

Arcane
last time i tried this it refused to launch, and now i'm bored anough i can give it another chance.
suggestions for viable solo builds? can it still be played for free or did it go deeper and deeper into p2w territory?
The model is as fair as it always was.
Theres a new paid expansion tho, ill probably get it for black friday just because DDO has given me many hours of fun, even if i end up never playing the content.
I mean the F2P content is lacking after level 12 or so but you can get access to most of it just by subscribing. Game is unique enough to be worth it.

Hoaxmetal

Arcane
DDO Bonus Days bring you +20% Reaper XP, +20% Heroic XP, and +5% VIP XP, now through March 4th!

Wish I had someone to play with :negative:

Ninjerk

Arcane
There's a pretty big sale on all the expansions or whatever....worth?

Ninjerk

Arcane
Can I expect more of this from the adventures in this game?
ffe5af19be068a97123189e3dffad615.jpg

What a nice change of pace.

Lhynn

Arcane
Most puzzles are on the first 12 levels. They are fairly good tho.

also there are a lot of secrets in most quests.

Zurat-Yarkuch

Savant
So, I decided to give this an install since I tried the Neverwinter MMO for about an hour and hated it. I tried this out years back but never got far.

What is a good class for a beginner who wants to solo? I tend to like playing melee classes, so are any of those viable for solo or is it only casters like the Cleric?

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
What is a good class for a beginner who wants to solo? I tend to like playing melee classes, so are any of those viable for solo or is it only casters like the Cleric?
Everything that isn't squishy is definitely solo friendly. Later on everything can kinda become soloable, but some have a much harder starting time (mages, bards, rogues,...).

As for beginner friendly. I found all of the classes beginner friendly, to be honest. It's just your basic D&D 3.5 rules (adapted, sure, but pretty close).

Besides, you can also hire bots to accompany you (not sure if from the very beginning). So you are free to do whatever, really.

Lhynn

Arcane
Sorcerer, paladin, barbarian, cleric, warlock are all very good at soloing shit.

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
One other tip: never trust anyone handing you a bunch of CLW wands.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom