Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware Sui Generis + Exanima Early Access

Proboina

Barely Literate
Report this? What did I found?;D (P.s. Equipable, pretty normal greaves)
FhnoNqL.jpg

Jinn

Arcane
Oof. Time goes by fast.

Don't worry. It's only been 4 years since it released in Early Access on steam. I had to double check the store to make sure, because I was like "how the fizzity fuck has 7 years passed since I bought this? Do I have dementia already?" Then my existential dread diminished slightly.

Teut Busnet

Cipher
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
Yay, maps! I know a lot of purists hated it - and I can see their point - but back when I played years ago, you found paper and coal in the first level, so the opportunity was there for the Char. And I always sucked at drawing maps myself, so I welcome this change.

Now I just need to re-learn how to play, can't take more than about 15 hours....

AdolfSatan

Arcane
Good it's still alive, but I'm not touching it again till it's closer to completion. Have more than 144h in it already...
Same. Every time I picked it after an update, the mechanics were updated to the point it felt I was back to square one. Really wanna play this, but will hold until 1.0.

V_K

Arcane
Oof. Time goes by fast.

Don't worry. It's only been 4 years since it released in Early Access on steam. I had to double check the store to make sure, because I was like "how the fizzity fuck has 7 years passed since I bought this? Do I have dementia already?" Then my existential dread diminished slightly.
I'm counting from the kickstarter.

Berekän

A life wasted
Patron
Yay, maps! I know a lot of purists hated it - and I can see their point - but back when I played years ago, you found paper and coal in the first level, so the opportunity was there for the Char. And I always sucked at drawing maps myself, so I welcome this change.

Now I just need to re-learn how to play, can't take more than about 15 hours....

Well, it's a nice compromise at least, since you have to find them and it looks like it doesn't show you were you're at, so if you're bad at navigation you're going to end up lost anyway.

Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Grid Cartographer is a great help in this game. Though the caves aren't as easy to map on a grid as the corridors. I think Hidden Asbestos added rounded walls and corners after I requested them for this game :)

Ivan

Arcane
I think about this game but I always forget the fucking name. Thanks for resurrecting

Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
The look of this game is super cool. Really wish BG3 will resemble this aesthetics.
Gameplay is garbage though.
It does take some time to get used to controls, they are just different than most of the stuff you have most likely played. Also, lots of people try to play this like they would Diablo - that won't work and you'll die and have a bad time.

Smashing Axe

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
I've been waiting four years just for them to implement the magic system...

This game is slower to the finish line than Grimoire

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

This game is slower to the finish line than Grimoire
And don't forget that this was supposed to be a "demo" game for their open-world RPG they planned to deliver in 2013 on a 100k budget :lol:
it will release when Grimoire 3: Golden Baby's Midlife Crisis released, along with its expansion Grim: Golden Baby's 20 Years Old Student Debt

thesecret1

Arcane
Gameplay is garbage though.
It has some of the best RPG combat out there if you spend the time to learn it. Also layers. In this game, you finally can become a walking wardrobe and laugh as enemy stick fails to deliver any impact past your shirt, gambeson, doublet, chain vest, tunic, and breastplate, while simultaneously pondering why other RPGs do not feature a playing dolls mechanic as powerful as this one.

Allegedly they will be releasing an update "soon" with magic. Most updates tend to be >6 months apart, so maybe we'll get it by Christmas. They have a recent demonstration video of some very basic magic, and there are very early videos showing some skeletons getting telekenetically blown over/apart. That aside, the most recent update has killed my frame rate. Whereas before I could max out settings and get >45 FPS, now I need minimum settings to get no significant performance issues. Improved loading times be damned if the game performance suffers. The AI feels a bit better, and two-handed swords are improved, but I notice that enemies will much more frequently get their arms tied up on themselves. Overall, I don't regret my $15 donation to the arts. The game is fun as is. If they continue to deliver it's just gravy.

Last edited:

Mightmagic

Augur
I have never seen a vaporware like that since duke nukem forever.
I think that sui generis will never exist after Ks campaign 7 years ago.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom