Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Underworld Ascendant is a disaster

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
https://forums.otherside-e.com/t/august-19-2019-weekly-update/10149

August 19 2019 Weekly Update

Morning everyone! Getting right to it:

PC Hotfix 4.2 / Mac / Linux is scheduled for 12 pm PT / 3 pm ET today!

On a related note, I’m still waiting for Valve to approve the following Kickstarter items, so those will be rolled out this week:
  • Dark Elf Kinsman Buckler
  • Chalice of Cabirus
  • Dancing Jade Dagger
  • Lyrical Lute
  • Little Friends Claw Knuckles
  • 20 Steel Tipped Arrows (replacing the Sling with 8 Splatter Seeds for functionality)
PS4 / Xbox Hotfix:

PS4 is close to release, we just need to have our publisher confirm the build notes and wrap up the process. I would expect this to launch by mid-week or later this week.

Xbox One hotfix is also close to release, there’s one more build we want to test before we can get it ready for the release process.

Kickstarter Timeline

Originally we had promised that we would start shipping physical goods early this summer, and it’s nearly the end of August. We apologize for the delays.

I would like to send out a bigger KS update once the PC/Mac/Linux release is finalized, the KS goods are on their way, and I get an update from Fangamer as we wrap up the last few digital goods that they were waiting on us for, such as the final game version for the physical discs and the Making of UA DVD that I’ve been working on this month. I am hoping to get that KS update out this week, by Wednesday or Friday.

As always, if you need to update your shipping address or have any questions about the game, feel free to reach out to us at support@otherside-e.com or ping me here.

MasterLobar

Angry OtherSide Refugee
OS never got anything they did even remotely right the first time, and they missed every deadline they ever set for themselves.

But SS3 is going to be totally different. It's the other team, you know. The half of the company that is totally competent and reliable.

Terenty

Liturgist
Warren already wants to create something never seen before...with a team of 15 and no money

Efe

Erudite
i still think they can pull SS3 off, especially if they ride into enhanced edition for old timers and prey for millenials to gather some popularity

BEvers

I'm forever blowing
Hotfix Notes 4.2

* Underworld Ascendant is finally available on Mac and Linux!
* Fixed rare braindead AI issue and improved enemy awareness.
* The map can be freely accessed using the assigned hotkey.
* Includes if the player changed the Map hotkey to a non-default setting.
* Fixed a hitch when selecting water arrows for the first time in a session.
* VSync is now default to ON for new installs.
* Various LOD popping issues fixed.
* The sound effect associated with targeting the Dash skill now ends properly.
* Joystick combo moves should be easier to perform.
* Better-looking spider webs

Feat Fixes:
* You now get credit for “Combo Attack” feat when you land any attacks where you set up with movement and you have the associated skill.
* Fix for axes and maces counting as swords in stat tracking for feats.
* Fix for the Master Archer and Walking Arsenal (advanced version of Weapons Master) feats not being awarded properly.
* Bark & Bite: Better assignment of credit for fire damage

Known Issues:
* Mac: If playing with a controller, a Mac will not recognize controller inputs as activity and may activate screensaver while you’re playing. You may want to disable your screensaver settings while playing on Mac with a controller. This is a Mac OS issue.
* Foamy Shadow Loaves can no longer be made.

https://steamcommunity.com/games/692840/announcements/detail/3328643868210679038

Untitled.png

Efe

Erudite
Left a positive review tellings fans of ultimate underworld to buy it...
Misery loves company right?

MasterLobar

Angry OtherSide Refugee
i still think they can pull SS3 off

We'll likely get some hints in the coming days.

(1) Starbreeze Q2 financial results are due tomorrow, there we might learn more about how Starbreeze is getting repaid (my guess on the basis of their Q1 report is $200k per month until all advances are repaid).

(2) UA will be finished completely in the coming days, probably last hotfix plus backer stuff. Then we'll see what happens to the rest of the staff and the Boston office. My prediction is, more layoffs, the Boston office is going to be closed and a small part of the team might be going to transfer to Austin.

This is also the point where their money is bound to run out. It's abundantly clear by now that they aren't going to find a publisher for SS3, so they have to decide if they wish to continue self-funding development (and Starbreeze repayments).

My perdiction is they aren't going to do so and OS will go bankrupt in the next 2-3 months.

Sacibengala

Prophet
Hotfix Notes 4.2

* Underworld Ascendant is finally available on Mac and Linux!
* Fixed rare braindead AI issue and improved enemy awareness.
* The map can be freely accessed using the assigned hotkey.
* Includes if the player changed the Map hotkey to a non-default setting.
* Fixed a hitch when selecting water arrows for the first time in a session.
* VSync is now default to ON for new installs.
* Various LOD popping issues fixed.
* The sound effect associated with targeting the Dash skill now ends properly.
* Joystick combo moves should be easier to perform.
* Better-looking spider webs

Feat Fixes:
* You now get credit for “Combo Attack” feat when you land any attacks where you set up with movement and you have the associated skill.
* Fix for axes and maces counting as swords in stat tracking for feats.
* Fix for the Master Archer and Walking Arsenal (advanced version of Weapons Master) feats not being awarded properly.
* Bark & Bite: Better assignment of credit for fire damage

Known Issues:
* Mac: If playing with a controller, a Mac will not recognize controller inputs as activity and may activate screensaver while you’re playing. You may want to disable your screensaver settings while playing on Mac with a controller. This is a Mac OS issue.
* Foamy Shadow Loaves can no longer be made.

https://steamcommunity.com/games/692840/announcements/detail/3328643868210679038

Untitled.png
Better looking spiderwebs definitely makes this game worthwhile, now. Let us rock that market.

MasterLobar

Angry OtherSide Refugee
Starbreeze results are out. No new info on SS3 repayments. I was wrong about the repayment scheme. On p.10 they say in Q2, they had no revenue from SS3, so there are no monthly payments. In H1 in total, they are still showing "initial revenue" of 3.7 million SEK (~$400k), the exact same number they had shown in Q1. So there were no repayments since then, and maybe no repayment at all so far. The 3.7 million SEK is likely some kind of weird accounting effect unrelated to actual payments.

https://www.starbreeze.com/sbz-media/2019/08/Starbreeze-Half-Year-Report-Q2-2019.pdf

That leaves me clueless as to when the payments are actually going to be made. It's likely that OS has to make one or several larger lump sum payments and not a fixed monthly amount as I had thought.

Maybe we get more info from further disclosures of the H1 figures.

Child of Malkav

Erudite
Rare. RARE. Like, you know, it didn't happen often.
These fucking people, holy shit.

Edit: typos.

It is quite rare. I mean, only a couple hundred people ever encountered those issues probably.
Bro, when I played it, it was definitely NOT rare. I lost count how many times the AI did nothing, responded to nothing (as in distractions), it could just be ignored completely. Usually was solved by restarting the level but who wants to prolong this game's life that way?

Bro, when I played it, it was definitely NOT rare. I lost count how many times the AI did nothing, responded to nothing (as in distractions), it could just be ignored completely. Usually was solved by restarting the level but who wants to prolong this game's life that way?

Whoooooosh!

Nyast

Cipher

Katana1000S

Angrier OtherSide Refugee
They finally fixed the map by coding in the keyboard M key at last ... FFS, they call it a hot fix :(

Hey, this has been one sham and bunch of lies from beginning to end, as an enthusiast of the original Underworld and SS series, and as a backer of this POS garbage game, am absolute sickened to have my good name associated with this in any shape or form :(

Lets ignore the lies we got for this game for the moment though, lets look further down the line, these lying bastards said almost a year ago that SS3 was more than half way finished, they really said that and it can be proven ... why do we let these people lie to us all the time.

SS3 is not happening ... if in the mere chance it happens under what remains of this skeleton crew, they need to answer some basic lies they have been giving us for a very long time ... SS3 is not more than half finished over a year ago, lets get this lie sorted first, then we can start on the others.

I would seriously consider a major fraud investigation into how Backers money has been really been dealt with here, these guys stink and i smell a rat.

Katana1000S

Efe troll, once said he would play the game ... pretty sure he is that Sandro retard from the official site, except he never gets round to playing the stupid broken game, he keeps finding excuses to wait for that final fix that is never gonna happen.

Who was that other troll on the official forums, Oh Yes, Flug ... that guy too for the most part sucked b alls, he seemed high on whacky backy most of the time, his various writings were mostly about him, he changed his mind like the weather, honest feedback is beyond guys like Sandro (simpletons) and dope heads like Flug, but the devs sought their advice over blunt honest criticism enthusiasts of genre of the day, is it no wonder UA is a mess?

Fanboys praised them to the hilt, honest criticism feedback resulted in the fan bouys beating us away and getting banned one by one.

End result, Underworld Ascendant ... I rest my case ... the worst game of all time, easily.

Child of Malkav

Erudite
What happened with this game needs to be uncovered and documented down to the smallest details. Every bug, every patch, every cut or removed piece of content, every lie, the bans, the forums, the feedback, the reviews, the layoffs, everything. Kind of like how the Internet Historian did with the Fall of 76 video.
This is simply beyond words and people need to be aware of such cases especially in KS.
This game makes Bethesda games look polished and well done. Let that sink in. The impossible happened. At least Bethesda games are functional when compared to this.........this.........I don't even know what this is.

Katana1000S

Pulsating, you are a well-known maggot who likes a freebie, so have some good news for you.

This POS is not the worst game of all time is still NOT worth buying, it is merely the worst made game in the entire known UNIVERSE, let me give ya a little bit of advice, pulsating, you moronic shitty little bastard, see that door at West end of room with the big sign EXIT on it? well, when my big boot swings back and kicks your scrawny little ass that is aimed for east door, you had better hope I suddenly became dyslexic, because you do not want to see what is behind East door.

Now fuck off pig face.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom