Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Cyberpunk 2077 Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
aueo3tjlane31.jpg

The Planescape Torment sequel we all been waiting for !

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
She is actually cool. I was fooled by her looks too.

It turned out that she just looks like anSJW but in fact she has recovered from cancer.

ScrotumBroth

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In
I never actually installed the Witcher 3 from the discs, but it does come on 4 DVDs so I assumed it had the whole game on the discs DRM free. Have to check if it actually installs the game or download something.
It's missing the exe file and a bit around it you had to download after release.

Darkzone

Arcane
Is dangerhair an inevitable byproduct of surviving cancer?
It's called having a style instead of leaving a mess on the head. Yes, hair loss IS a byproduct of surviving cancer. Chemotherapy to be precise.
So it is obvious that you lack the sense for "style". Losing hair due to chemotherapy does not force a person to shave the sides of their head.
Write into your search bar "short hair woman" look at the pictures and try to figure out what a short hairstyle is and the "danger hair" hairstyle is, that yells "i have mental problems".

They are at it again

the first tweet seems like a decent observation,see pic related:
1vQ2H4c.jpg

if this is one of the main themes/questions of the game then it's pretty reminiscent of the Deus Ex reboot, which is to say, surface level philosophy.
the second about taking HRT, i'm pretty sure that does make you less human...

CyberModuled

Arbiter
Gee, never heard of another game handle such topic... 8 years ago (and this is just the most prominent one I can think of, I'm sure there's even more that have touched on this in the past). I fucking hate Twitter

yg066t.jpg

Zer0wing

Cipher
Just on the sides tho. What kind of terrible cancer does that?
Any type that requiers chemotherapy, which has hair loss among side effects.
Gee, never heard of another game handle such topic... 8 years ago (and this is just the most prominent one I can think of, I'm sure there's even more that have touched on this in the past). I fucking hate Twitter
That's not even what CP2077 is about, that topic was covered in 2020.

Last edited:

jf8350143

Liturgist
"if you replace your body parts with robot parts....are you still human?"

So what's the difference between a robot arm and a prosthesis, or even a wig? Unless the arm has its own mind otherwise I don't see how it make me less human.

Tom Selleck

Arcane
I like how replacing human bodies with robit parts is analogous to like roleplaying a woman when you got a peeny and balls. These people just cannot exist in a world where they don't interject their own weird delusion into any and all civil discourse.

"lol guys here at reese we put peanut butter in some chocolate and now we have a new snacc"
"let me tell you how a peanut butter cup is a lot like hormone replace therapy"

Quillon

Arcane

So what's the difference between a robot arm and a prosthesis, or even a wig? Unless the arm has its own mind otherwise I don't see how it make me less human.

I could imagine it would take its toll on the mind hence the cyberpsychosis stuff.

jf8350143

Liturgist

I could imagine it would take its toll on the mind hence the cyberpsychosis stuff.

My own theory is that the robot parts is very hard to control properly thus requires you have some extra modification to your brain and nervous systems so you can use the more advance robot parts. So the more you replace the more you have to mess your own brain the make it work. And eventually you think like a machine because your brain was altered to work like machines to control all the robot bits.

Not sure how it can be applied to the protagonist since we players will always be human and think like human.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom