Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Death Stranding Director's Cut - Kojima's post-apocalyptic deliveryman simulator

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
And if Death Stranding lands on PC, then naturally as an EGS exclusive only. 'Cuz it's a thing now.

Being Epic exclusive, where I can play it, is ten times better than being PS4 exclusive, where I can't.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
You walk, then you climb a ladder, you walk again, then an NPC claps in amazement that you know how to walk....... accomplishment 'knows how to walk' unlocked, peek AAA gaming in 2019

Terenty

Liturgist
As much as i love Kojima's output, i have to agree, this looks bad. Bad animation, awful physics, thanks to that shitty Horizon engine, cheap looking npc with non existent lip sync and goofy moves, flat lightning, shitty draw distance.

Compared to Rdr 2, graphically it looks like a 10 years old indie project.

Gameplay wise im not so sure either. If it consists of finding these generic npcs and doing their generic errands than Kojima done goofed up.

a cut of domestic sheep prime

looks pretty nice. Kojima certainly has balls. I think most people would have just made MGS with a different coat of paint

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Yeah, I was 100% gonna pre-order, but this gameplay segment have me a bit concerned. Why can't they just show some proper combat? Metal Gear 5 had a whole mission with planning and everything, showcasing their engine, mechanics and stuff long before release. I like all the wacky sci-fi stuff, but man, I still need some actual gameplay beside taking a piss and climb ladders.

a cut of domestic sheep prime

Yeah, I was 100% gonna pre-order, but this gameplay segment have me a bit concerned. Why can't they just show some proper combat? Metal Gear 5 had a whole mission with planning and everything, showcasing their engine, mechanics and stuff long before release. I like all the wacky sci-fi stuff, but man, I still need some actual gameplay beside taking a piss and climb ladders.
maybe because it's not a metal gear game?

it's a different kind of game with different features and a different focus.

it doesn't look like there's going to be combat in the traditional sense.

https://www.theverge.com/2019/5/30/18645963/death-stranding-ps4-gameplay-multiplayer-hideo-kojima
“Choose your combat methods carefully, as killing your foe is almost never the solution — and every death carries a consequence,” the site reads.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
maybe because it's not a metal gear game?

it's a different kind of game with different features and a different focus.

it doesn't look like there's going to be combat in the traditional sense.

https://www.theverge.com/2019/5/30/18645963/death-stranding-ps4-gameplay-multiplayer-hideo-kojima
“Choose your combat methods carefully, as killing your foe is almost never the solution — and every death carries a consequence,” the site reads.
Sounds like atrsy faggotry to me.

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
The game either...

1. Has no actual gameplay (except an intricate pissing simulator), you just walk around and click on things to hear audiologs or begin cutscenes.
2. Is still on alpha stage, so the main gameplay mechanics are yet to be implemented. (will be released alongside with Star Citizen)
3. Has deep gameplay systems that have already been implemented, but they don't show anything yet to keep up the mystery and wait for that right moment to blow the hype up the roof.

Cross

Arcane
So stealth?

I'm sure sneaking around enemies will work splendidly with a crying baby permanently attached to your character.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Lambchop19

Interesting, because I remember reading someone quoting Kojima that it would still have "classic" third person shooting, for the players that still wanted to do that. Maybe all that have changed and it's now just a walking simulator. Though they mention weapon locks in the gameplay trailer, and from what I remember seeing from a another trailer there was a snippet with some sneaking, dodging and running away from enemies. Anyway, just asking for some more gameplay than walking and pissing :)

gerey

Arcane
Zionist Agent
All I wanted from this hack was MGSV with actual content and a less moronic storyline, and he makes a hiking simulator with peeing mechanics.

Matador

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
75252f32710c71c76456c8ba2e2700e3.jpg

"Otacon, now I'm really prepared to stealthily infiltrate enemy base with latest OctoCamo iteration. Also really good for CQC."

Last edited:

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
So stealth?

I'm sure sneaking around enemies will work splendidly with a crying baby permanently attached to your character.
Oh that is an actual thing in the game,my first thought when i saw the baby is that it is a stealth mechanics. You will have to be careful not to move too rapidly so you wouldn't scare the baby. Mark my words,you will have to go around enemies and watch out for the crying baby.

less moronic storyline
:nocountryforshitposters:
Why would you want a game with less moronic story from the guy whose main contribution to MGV was the moronic story????

Matador

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
- Empty open World: Check
- Hiking simulator: Check.
- Fedex quests: Check.
- Annoying, uninteresting and goofy NPCs: Check.
- 3rd person stealth shooter: Check.
- Fortnite mechanics: Check.
- 10 hours of boring and pretentious custscenes: Check.
- Babies crying: Check.

-Boobs physics:

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
This is amazing. It's even worse than I thought.
Considering this is Kojima were talking about I'm sure the pissing is fully fledged mechanic.
If you piss in the grass a mushroom will grow like we've seen in the trailer. The more you drink and go without pissing the more piss you accumulate, however if go to long without pissing the PC will piss his pants - wich will emit a strong scent that attracts enemies - and will gain bladder problems (it's a survival game after all). If you piss with enemies nearby they will hear you, but if you piss at them they will vomit like in Postal 2 - you can also put out small fires it your piss. If you piss in front of NPC's they will comment on the constituion of the PC's cock.

Whoa dude, if you try to put the camera in front of the PC while he's pissing, he will turn around so you can't ogle at his dick!
You also have to rock the baby when he's starts crying, such gameplay!

Kojima certainly has balls.

Not really. He's so liked and already has that fame for making weird detailed games that by now he can pretty much do anything and people will praise. Plus his fans are almost like a cult.

If there's any kojimbo fanboys here, I'm sure they would now say something like: "Kojima has balls because of what he did with MGS2. If the game flopped with would've been carrer suicide.".
But the thing is MGS was one of the most successful games of the PS1. And because of that MGS 2 has already meant to be an even more successful game. Add to the fact that the videos and demos they showed of 2 before launch, painted that game not only has the perfect sequel but also a revolutionary game in terms of tech (AI, physics, graphics). Then you realise that there was simply no fucking way in hell MGS 2 has gonna bomb.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom