Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Underrail: The Incline Awakens

You know on my full con Thicc man build; i took versatality and carry an AR in offhand.

Without ANY feat investment in the usual AR feats; a regular burst is simply the best weapon on skis even when compared to the 40k+ charons devastator ski's energy cannon.

As long as you have 6 effective strength (so 5 and +1 from food minimum) and carry AR/ammo; versatality is the new quick tinkering.

Blackmill

Scholar
Is there a way to Abyssal station (L2) that doesn't involve triggering the pirates?

Yes, I believe so. You can reach LemCo through the Fetid Marsh. That's how I got there the first time. By complete accident, though. The path is not obvious at all.

There's an not very obvious corner that you can click on to climb. I think it's at K4. See the map that was posted on the previous page? I'm talking about the area to the left (west) of the Quarry. The middle left of that area, near the hive, is where you click. It will drop you down into a pit with a 5-6 Leper serpents so be ready. Be sure to check the loot containers in the Quarry. After that you just fight through some Spiders and you should be able to make your way to L2.
swamp where you "jump" with 1AGL checks?

Yes, that one connects to the Quarry if you just continue East, and then to LemCo if you go South. I just realized I don't remember if you can enter the sub from land or need to do so from jet ski. So my bad if that happened. But there's some nice loot in the Quarry anyways...

You get one of the unique shotguns (Salvation-13?) plus a lemurian blaster.

ItsChon

Resident Zoomer
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
If you're melee, maneuverability is the key stat you need, so the faster the better (in most cases). The best "happy medium" jets are actually the Protectorate and Aegis cruisers, in my opinion. Otherwise, you've got a choice between the Shark and the Glow. Personally, I prefer the Phaser, because it's very fast but sports medium parts and isn't as weak as the Torpedo.

The Devastator's plasma cannon is pretty great, since it's basically a weak plasma grenade with a smaller AoE, as long as you don't mind using one fusion cell per shot.
I ended up rocking with the Phaser because it speed is just too much fun. I wasn't sold on Jet Skis before, but buying your own is a total game changer. I honestly wish Styg did a little more with them now. Hopefully I can save up and grab the Devestator next. I'm short about 10k after buying everything possible for my house and the Jet Ski.

Wunderbar

Arcane
What's the best way to make some stealth armor? Leather with Clothier? What kind of leather? Etc.
hopper/siphoner/rathound leather (with skinner feat) and black cloth (clothier feat). Hopper gives you agility to pass jumping checks, siphoner gives you dodge and evasion, rathound gives you crit chance.

Parabalus

Arcane
it was in the caves you go down from the north of rail crossing (where siphoner spawns), but i guess they are all random. i have been trying to find ghostface and cannot find it ffs too.

Ghostface can only be caught at the end of the Core City sewers, in the room with the several drainpipes on the left.

Styg thought this was a good idea for some reason, in addition to the most boring possible implementation of a fishing minigame. Yes, it's still a minigame, whether anyone realizes it or not.

There's apparently one in the Greater Siphoner pools in the black see as well.

All the fishing spots are on the wiki, don't waste your time searching.

Though, the native women/sacks can drop fish, I didn't find a ghostface, but everything else I did.

So, I finally got my upgraded jetski, cruised around outside Core City, very cool. Decide to get beyond the intro to Expedition; show up to the Crimson Meadow whatever center, I can't find an easy way in because I'm weak and non-agile. No worries, I'll go round.

Hives and locusts everywhere.

I actually don't want to play this 'avoid the locust' garbage.

If you have stealth you can avoid all the locusts and hives, enter from the bottom and go to the elevator through the passage down the stairwell.
Opening the elevator destealths you, which means that when you get out you could be stuck because of the -1000 Initiate and getting nuked by the nearby sea dragons.

ItsChon

Resident Zoomer
Patron
Do I need to investigate anything in the Rig for the final Pirate Quest or do I just kill them all? I looked around the entire rig and didn't find anything other than 2 power boxes.

MediantSamuel

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
I decided to do DC instead of the locusts as I've never actually finished it before ( :oops: ).

What a fantasticly atmospheric and lore-filled area, I'd really like to finish this game properly for once, oh look, there's a thousand tchortlings to avoid.. :negative:

Blackmill

Scholar
Do I need to investigate anything in the Rig for the final Pirate Quest or do I just kill them all? I looked around the entire rig and didn't find anything other than 2 power boxes.

I think Cruzer and the rest will wait for you to disable the turrets. Which is something you've already figured out how to do. The scouting just presents a more convenient time to figure out where everything is. And, though I didn't attempt this (since I wanted Cruzer to die for his bandana), probably an opportunity to complete the mission solo regardless of the Captain's orders. I wonder what his dialogue would be if you did...

Candide

Educated
What a fantasticly atmospheric and lore-filled area, I'd really like to finish this game properly for once, oh look, there's a thousand tchortlings to avoid.. :negative:
Indeed. The sense of desolation overwhelming in hollow earth locations, the artists did a good job, but as a player you don't get a chance to take it all in because you're dodging a stupid debuff.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
I decided to do DC instead of the locusts as I've never actually finished it before ( :oops: ).

There are only 2 locations with locusts: Horticulture and the Fetid Marsh.

You can go stealth with high enough skill. I know it's possible. Also don't worry about containers and loot, it's shit anyway.

Or buy as much Molotovs as you can and go berserk. Also you can one-shot Hives with the Sniper.

It's retarded but that's the situation. First I went stealth but then I decided to kill everything because the water locust are absolutely disgusting.

The good part about the Expedition is that you don't have to backtrack so much.

On the other hand Deep Caverns is backtracking disco inferno: you have to cross the tchortlings areas several times. Hint: search for the underground hatches and wait there until the debuff is gone.

Other than this: lower your expectations. The fun parts of Underrail are over. Expedition and Deep Caverns are simply obnoxious endurance tests.

Why? Who knows. Maybe Styg lost his mind somewhere along the way.

MediantSamuel

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire

Thanks, bro. I'll give it another go after DC.

I really don't like this 'hordes of monsters' shit, especially when they respawn. I suppose now I understand the complaints about rathounds (which never bothered me as I always seem to end up wearing the rathound regalia.)

Do the hives just spew out locusts constantly while they're alive?

toro

Arcane
Vatnik

Thanks, bro. I'll give it another go after DC.

I really don't like this 'hordes of monsters' shit, especially when they respawn. I suppose now I understand the complaints about rathounds (which never bothered me as I always seem to end up wearing the rathound regalia.)

Do the hives just spew out locusts constantly while they're alive?

There is no point in doing Expedition after DC. Also you cannot leave DC until the end of the game.

Wunderbar

Arcane
Aegis called for help, but i'm Abyssal station (L2) and my jet is at the beginning of fetid marsh, it'll take forever for me to backtrack.
How much time do I have before natives wreck the camp?

edit. nevermind, they've managed to defeat natives without my help.

Last edited:

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
They run out. You can tell how many are left by how strong the red glow from the holes in the hive is. Once it's gone entirely you're clear. Whether it's actually worth emptying them out is another question though.

How else am I supposed to maximize my chewing gum collection?

Ramnozack

Cipher
Patron
I never had to many issues with locusts with my psi-machete build. Implosion + Cryokinetic orb kills most locust hives outright. There are way to many hives though, it becomes tedious dealing with them all since its so slow with all the locusts having to take turns spitting at you.

MediantSamuel

Arcane
Patron
I never had to many issues with locusts with my psi-machete build. Implosion + Cryokinetic orb kills most locust hives outright. There are way to many hives though, it becomes tedious dealing with them all since its so slow with all the locusts having to take turns spitting at you.

Not mine, but relevant:

*pwee noises intensify*

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
Reminder that the Sec-Trooper helmet, the biohazard boots (or heartbreaker boots if you don't have those), and reinforced tungsten unga armor with bio carrier vest are all you need for locusts. You'll have about 1 MP, more than enough to allow you to truly enjoy spending multiple turns navigating fence and railing death chutes.

That, and grenades... lots of grenades. I stopped using incendiaries because magnesium grenades don't always kill locusts in one or two turns, but Mk III or IV frags pretty much always do. I'm not wasting napalm on some damn bugs.

Black Angel

Arcane
nFaSDFD.jpg

How does this work? The log says Carnifex resisted almost all my damage yet his health meter went down and so did he.
As toro said, it seems that Carnifex had a 50% energy damage resistance. When the combat log says that X hits Y for Z damage, Z is the actual amount of damage Y took after reduced by DR. From what I can understand, damage threshold (DT) needs to be bypassed by attackers before they can deal any damage, and THEN the damage will be reduced by DR, but NOT both. And so, from the looks of it, it seems that Carnifex had 50% energy DR, which explains why the amount of damage he took from you is the exact same with the amount of damage he resisted.

Or perhaps I understand it wrongly, in which case consults the ones who know better.
Black Angel
So I looked at some saves, the torch switches between 60-120 and 40-80 on both 18 WILL and 3 WILL chars. Anyone know the trigger?
It does 60-120 if you're Juiced up, that's all there is to it.
That's cool, because it means at least the torch is useful for even non-PSI char. With precision scales off level, should be viable, especially since the Shadowlith itself ain't going anywhere nor have evasion.
I have been avoiding the natives because I kinda hoped I can somehow make them neutral towards me. Seeing these poor tribal women (grandmas included) run away from you screaming... its fucked up.
I must be a Psychopath because I massacared them all and then raped their corpses. Once you read the backstory on them, I would say genociding all of them is the smart and benevolent thing to do tbh.
^This. After gathering all the data and information I can down in the Substation and made my conclusion, I no longer felt any regret nor hesitation of committing genocide upon the savages.
I was wondering if there's a way to destroy the monoliths (I recall three: the underwater base, Black Sea entrance and Natives' "serpent room")? The Eternal Torch can kill spawning spirits, but the monoliths seem indestructable.
The monoliths are destructible. Just keep blasting them with the torch. And you can only destroy the abysall staiton one and the serpent room one. The black sea entrance one is not a monolith.
The Glowing Canine at the Jaws/Black Sea entrance IS a Monolith, but not a Shadowlith. If you've been paying attention to the stuff related to the Oculus, and how the savages reacted to the Glowing Canine, it's actually a spear hurled by the Godmen to kill their archenemy, the Leviathans, of which the Flottsormir is likely one of them.

ItsChon

Resident Zoomer
Patron
I think Cruzer and the rest will wait for you to disable the turrets. Which is something you've already figured out how to do. The scouting just presents a more convenient time to figure out where everything is. And, though I didn't attempt this (since I wanted Cruzer to die for his bandana), probably an opportunity to complete the mission solo regardless of the Captain's orders. I wonder what his dialogue would be if you did...
If you have high enough persuasion and did the other missions solo, you can also get permission from the captain to complete this mission solo.

Parabalus

Arcane
If you have high enough persuasion and did the other missions solo, you can also get permission from the captain to complete this mission solo.

For this mission you don't need persuasion (unlike the previous ones) to do them solo. Just destroy it before you report to Cruzer, that's it.

The dialogue is extremely disappointing, he barely gives you a nod. I stealthed through it and blew it up with TNT, you could prob just genocide them all alone.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom