Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Queen's Wish: The Conqueror - the Jeff Vogel Kickstarter

flushfire

Augur
Looks terrible. :/

Ok so I didn't really mind the graphics in the first screenshots and trailer but that building really does look like shit.

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
iu

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/619141553/queens-wish-the-conqueror/posts/2551029

Queen’s Wish June 2019 Update!

Queen’s Wish: The Conqueror is done!

The Macintosh version is done, 99% tested, and works and is fun. The Windows port is done and in the hands of the first group of testers. A release in September is nearly guaranteed.

The next couple months are for finishing things up. Lots of testing. Writing documentation. The hint book. Figuring out what platforms we can be available on and setting things up with them (which is a huge job).

We are really excited about this game, and there’s not much more we can say about it. Time to sort though more bug reports.

* Notes to Backers

If you backed at a level that gets your name in the credits, we have sent you a survey asking how you want to be listed. If you haven’t responded yet, please do. If you didn’t get the message, check your spam inbox. If you are sure you backed us at a level where you can be in the credits and you got no survey, contact us at support@spiderwebsoftware.com.

Soon the closed beta for eligible backers can begin. Give us a bit more time to make sure that the game functions.

Finally, here is another screenshot. It is an ambush in the Ukatish swamps. The Ukatish are swamp folk, private, touchy, and full of hatred of outsiders. Some of them can be convicted to join with Haven. Others will try to get rid of you in a very determined way.

- Jeff Vogel

1a5e13ee3cd20c1b7a3f2e3b2212b91f_original.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Mustawd

Fuck me,it looks like a fucking rpg maker shovelware

Stop being retarded.

His main issue is that he has an artist that is making topdown view tiles and who doesn’t understand or have experience making topdown view tiles.

This is a jrpg aesthetic, but look how much more polished it looks.

images

This town was made by someone who understands how to make stuff look cool with tiles.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Fuck me,it looks like a fucking rpg maker shovelware

Stop being retarded.

His main issue is that he has an artist that is making topdown view tiles and who doesn’t understand or have experience making topdown view tiles.

This is a jrpg aesthetic, but look how much more polished it looks.

images

This town was made by someone who understands how to make stuff look cool with tiles.
And where did is say that every rpg maker game looks like shit??? Curb your butthurt!

Morkar Left

The next couple months are for finishing things up. Lots of testing. Writing documentation. The hint book. Figuring out what platforms we can be available on and setting things up with them (which is a huge job).

I wonder if gog would allow this game to be published on their platform...

PapaPetro

I'd pay (again) if he could get Exile 1-3 to work on modern Windows.
Having to fire up VM WinXP is a pain.

Self-Ejected

Jack

█▓▒░
Patron
Insert Title Here
I wonder if gog would allow this game to be published on their platform...
There's plenty of brown people in it and the dev is a liberal so I'm sure they'll find it a Quality™ game that meets their high standards of entry that only allows the best hidden object games and pixelshit platformers from the most pink haired of californians.

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
release date: sep 11 2019

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/619141553/queens-wish-the-conqueror/posts/2589404

This monthly update is a little late, but we had a good reason. We have just officially announced the release date of the game, and we wanted to make sure you knew. Queen’s Wish for Windows and Mac will be out on Steam, GOG.com, itch.io, and our own store on September 11, 2019! We will start the iOS version of it as soon as the game is out and we hope to have it out by the end of the year.

We finished the bulk of the game a month ago. Since then, we have been working through the million steps to get the game from my computer out into the world. Bug fixing has to be completed. Stores have to be contacted. Contracts have to be signed. Store pages have to be configured. PR has to happen.

We’re working through all of this, bit by bit, and the long process will conclude in a month. The next time you hear from us, it should be to announce that the game is out!

* Notes to Backers

If you backed at a level that gets you access to the closed beta, the closed beta has started! We sent out an invitation to the group for the beta yesterday. If you didn’t get it, check your spam folder or send us a message.

Last edited by a moderator:

Correct_Carlo

Arcane
I'm sure it will be fun, because Spiderweb, but the game looks like shit. Purely in terms of aesthetics, it's way uglier than Spiderweb's previous generation of games. The roofs on the houses are godawful and most of the art looks like it was designed for isometric, but awkwardly stuck into a top down perspective. The sprites all look like they were designed by 12 different artists with conflicting instructions on what the game was supposed to look like, so nothing seems to match (those character portraits look like bad CGI from a late 90s game, and are massive decline from those same 10 or 11 2D portraits SW has used in all its games for the past decade). I kept thinking that the screenshots up until now were placeholders or something, but nope. This is the game in its highest form. It's barely changed, in terms of aesthetics, since the demo shots that debuted with the kickstarter campaign. I have no idea how Vogel could be given more resources than he usually has, yet still manage to take 20 steps backward in the aesthetics department, defying all odds to somehow create the ugliest game SW has ever released, but he somehow managed it.

I've never played SW games for looks, but I thought that was part of the point of using kickstarter? Developing a cool new engine with decent graphics? I'm the most fanatical Spiderweb fan there is, and I was all in on giving to the kickstarter, but when it finally debuted it was so underwhelming I ended up not donating at all. It was clearly just Vogel making a game he was going to make anyway, in exactly the fashion he always made games before. Kickstarter was just a marketing gimmick to pre-sell units and generate attention.

Last edited:

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014

Queen's Wish: The Conqueror is an upcoming crpg from Spiderweb Software. It has been recently successfully funded on Kickstarter by over 1,377 backers and counting.

I am one of the artists working on it and in this speed-modeling video series I'll show you how some of the graphics are made.

This artist posted few more videos since.

Lord_Potato

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
They have most of his libray (except for Exiles and Nethergates) so it's not really surprising.

For me this game is a perfect example of wait-for-sale-title. And it will have to be a good deal, at least -60%.

mindfields

Learned
I think Vogel has misunderstood the market, RPG grognards might have accepted these horrid graphics during the late 2000's during the great draught of CRPGs, but these days we actually have choices, no one is gonna tolerate garbage like this.

JDR13

Arcane
For me this game is a perfect example of wait-for-sale-title. And it will have to be a good deal, at least -60%.

For me, this game is a perfect example of something I'll never play unless I was extremely desperate. Luckily, my gaming backlog is large enough to ensure that will never happen.

Lord_Potato

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
I think Vogel has misunderstood the market, RPG grognards might have accepted these horrid graphics during the late 2000's during the great draught of CRPGs, but these days we actually have choices, no one is gonna tolerate garbage like this.

I would be able to accept Avadon level graphics without a problem. But this abomination...

Darth Canoli

Arcane

Well, if the battle system is improved and the encounter design is good, it'll be a good trade, his previous games looks had nothing particularly appealing.

McPlusle

Savant
For me, this game is a perfect example of something I'll never play unless I was extremely desperate. Luckily, my gaming backlog is large enough to ensure that will never happen.
This is exactly my relationship with Spiderweb's games. I've had almost all of them for years but have played none of them.

Eirinjas

Arcane
Patron
RPG Wokedex
About the best you could say of the art style of this game is: "unfortunate". I guess 'visually appealing' and 'relatively consistent' were both design goals taken off the table during development.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom