Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dungeons and Dragons Online - Fair Codexia Dead - DDO NEWs Thread!

v1rus

Arcane
And be careful around airships.

Bloody easy to fall right off those things

Zep Zepo

Titties and Beer
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual
The game tanked early because it required you to group with spergs to get thru most non-beginner dungeons. When you did that (group with spergs to help you push a lever), they would rush the level, killing everything, making the level boring for you.

Oh, you can't get any farther here without asshole #2 to pull this other lever to open the gate. Sorry, LOSER WITH NO FRIENDS!

Shortly, after people realized this gated game play bullshit, the game dropped subscriptions method and went free-to-play.

Zep--

Zurat-Yarkuch

Savant
Okay been having a blast so far. Slowly learning the game and going through the quests. Just got to this level 4 quest in the sewers fighting and fought a bunch of gray oozes. They damaged the crap out of my sword, to the point where I had to exit the dungeon in order to not lose it.

How the heck do I deal with these guys?

Zurat-Yarkuch

Savant
So it turns out the way to deal with oozes is to take out my fists like a savage and beat them to death. What a game.

I've been reading the DDO wiki and learning more and more about the game. The past lives feature is really interesting, it provides a good incentive to keep playing through the game over and over to keep getting more bonuses to your character. Right now since this is my first time through the game I'm just slowly exploring the quests and taking in the content. I teamed up with a guy early on in Korvos at Level 1, who was clearly a veteran as he just speed rushed through the quests knowing where everything was. I think I will stick to soloing until I get become familiar with all these quests. Overall this is a lot of fun, and I'm glad I decided to try it out.

So, I've heard DDO points go own sale occasionally, but do the expansions ever go on sale?

Zurat-Yarkuch

Savant
Oh for god sakes. It turns out that there is an earlier quest in the harbor that tells you exactly what oozes do and how to deal with them. Now I feel like an idiot.

_V_

Scholar
So, I've heard DDO points go own sale occasionally, but do the expansions ever go on sale?
Yes. Got Menace of the Underdark in a STEAM sale. But it's extremely rare.
But I'd agree with Zep Zepo. Aroung lvl 8 missions get quite tough/impossible to solo without an excessive amount of grinding. But if you're already considering going through the game multiple times, this is probably not an issue for you.

Sykar

Arcane
Yes. Got Menace of the Underdark in a STEAM sale. But it's extremely rare.
But I'd agree with Zep Zepo. Aroung lvl 8 missions get quite tough/impossible to solo without an excessive amount of grinding. But if you're already considering going through the game multiple times, this is probably not an issue for you.

It is usually possible on normal at least with the right hireling and hirelings are not that expensive.

Zurat-Yarkuch

Savant
So I decided to put my money down and buy a year of VIP. Since I'm planning on going through the game multiple times for past lives it seemed like a good investment to get access to all the races, classes, and adventure packs. I'll slowly start to get the expansions, keeping a lookout for any sales.

I can now run quests that are lower level at hard or elite immediately in order to bump it up to my current level. I have a cleric hireling with me to provide lots of healing for my Paladin, since hirelings are very cheap to buy.

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
There's a series of weapons specifically designed to deal with oozes, IIRC called "oozebane". You can find them for sale in the auction if you don't feel like trying to grind for them. They used to be in very high demand thus expensive as hell. Not sure anymore.

Zurat-Yarkuch

Savant
Man, I am just having a blast with this game so far. Going through "The Seal of Shan-To-Kor" quest line right now and enjoyed going through an underground hobgoblin city. Kobolds and Hobgoblins always have a soft spot in my heart when it comes to monsters due to Baldur's Gate 1. On the last dungeon in that quest line and I got wiped out by traps killing my character. Since I don't have any astral shards I couldn't resurrect my character in the dungeon so I had to recall which means I have to do the previous 2 quests over again.

Absolutely brutal.

But I know where stuff is so and am Level 7 now so hopefully I can get through it faster.

Zurat-Yarkuch

Savant
Oh, they actually let you go straight to the last dungeon you were on. I thought because I had to enter the Steam Tunnels again it would need me to do the blockade and Hobgoblin City again.

Whelp, that's actually quite forgiving. Never mind my earlier despairing, I don't know what I'm talking about.

Zurat-Yarkuch

Savant
So after some hardships with traps I decided I needed a new build to deal with the crazy damage these things do on elite. Cause even though it is not mandatory, I want to beat the quests on elite dammit.

So I decided to try the Ravager Barbarian Build in this thread: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/507369-Strimtom-s-Hardcore-Ready-Character-builds!

These builds were designed with the hardcore server in mind, where everyone is on there first life and dying means dead forever. So perfect for me. It has Blood Tribute which gives you 150 temporary hits points for one minute at the cost of a stacking -1 Constitution penalty. This makes it perfect for when I want to try and brute force a trap. Plus he has the jump skill so I can actually jump over those some of those spraying traps without getting hit, which was a problem the paladin build I was trying had.

And, I joined a guild. So sometimes I have other people around I can play with. This means trap disarmers, or people who can resurrect me if I kick the bucket. The guild buffs are fantastic too. It's a shame the codex closed it's guild, cause that would probably have been a fun shitshow to be a part of.

Anyway, just doing the occasional post so maybe some more people will stumble across the game like I did.

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
Mirroring their LotRO offer, SSG is doing the whole free quest packs for DDO as well.
https://www.ddo.com/en/news/free-questing-coupon-and-vip-update-–-thank-you-standing-stone-games

We have seen our communities come together in recent months as we unlocked quest, raid, and adventure area content to all players, and we are excited to make an announcement today that you'll want to read.

We would like to thank you for supporting us! To start, players can continue to enjoy all of our quests, raids, and expansion content for free through August 31st, 2020. We would also like to provide a way for you to move forward with your gaming when our event eventually comes to an end, so in the coming days we will be providing a Coupon Code that will let you acquire all currently-available adventure packs permanently on your account(s)! However, you will need to act quickly, as this Coupon Code is available to redeem through August 31st, 2020.

The Coupon Code is: DDOfreequests (1/Account, available to redeem through August 31st, 2020)

The coupon code grants the following quest packs:

• The Devil’s Gambit
  • Trials of the Archons
  • The Temple of Elemental Evil
  • Heart of Madness
  • Haunted Halls of Eveningstar
  • Shadow Under Thunderholme
  • The High Road of Shadow
  • The Druid’s Deep
  • Devil Assault
  • Three-Barrel Cove
  • Secrets of the Artificers
  • Vaults of the Artificers
  • Phiarlan Carnival
  • The Catacombs
  • The Sharn Syndicate
  • Delera’s Tomb
  • The Demon Sands
  • The Dreaming Dark
  • Attack on Stormreach
  • The Necropolis, Part 1
  • The Necropolis, Part 2
  • The Necropolis, Part 3
  • The Necropolis, Part 4
  • The Path of Inspiration
  • The Reaver’s Reach
  • The Restless Isles
  • The Ruins of Gianthold
  • The Ruins of Threnal
  • Sentinels of Stormreach
  • Shan-to-Kor
  • The Devils of Shavarath
  • Sorrowdusk Isle
  • The Red Fens
  • Harbinger of Madness
  • Tangleroot Gorge
  • The Vale of Twilight
  • The Vault of Night
  • Reign of Madness
  • Against the Slave Lords
  • Dragonblood Prophecy
  • The Mines of Tethyamar
  • Disciples of Rage
  • White Plume Mountain & Other Tales
  • The Soul Splitter
  • Keep on the Borderlands
  • The Lost Gatekeepers
Additionally, we will be conducting a sale on two of our expansions in the DDO Store! When the sale is active, players will be able to pick up the quests included in Menace of the Underdark and The Shadowfell Conspiracy for 99 DDO Points. Stay tuned for exact timing on the sale.
We are also announcing an update to our VIP program! VIPs will be getting a permanent +1% XP boost for every member in their party other than themselves and hirelings, up to a maximum of 5%. This boost stacks with other bonuses, and works the same as our long-running weekend Buddy Boost bonuses.

VIPs do not need to do anything to get this update, as your VIP account(s) will automatically receive this benefit starting in a game update in the near future.

Please continue to stay safe, and we are happy to have you here.

Sincerely,

The teams at Standing Stone Games

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
someone remind me how to input codes. Do i need launcher? sort of dont wanna

Through in-game store which means you have to download the game. Annoyance if you just want to get the stuff for never potentially playing it later down the road.

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
I couldn't stand seeing you attempt to leap to your own death again. Sorry.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom