Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Nintendo Switch, the only console today making games which are games

So the new portable-only/handheld-only Switch Lite not only still can't fit in pockets, has less power, features and even less battery time than the version that's supposed to be less portable?
45638-full.png

Last edited:

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard

Haven't played an olympic game since 20 years...... this will be great for online multiplayer

^If they're breaking down during the warranty period and nintendo's not replacing/repairing them what's the issue?

I actually replaced some contacts inside the controller. This 8s necessary because the ones Nintendo uses in the Pro Controller are made of inferior Chinesium. I used a generic analog joystick sensor off Amazon but took the needed components out of it so I didnt have to desolder anything.

This is on a replacement controller Nintendo sent to keep under warranty. My original had the same non-responsove analog stick problem this replacement eventually developed. I also wrapped some thin vinyl stickers around the analog stick shafts so the plastic/rubber won't disintegrate anymore. It was leaving a white powder residue.

I think the Pro Controller is the finest pad I've ever used, except for the massive fail of always breaking eventually. It is comfortable and the battery lasts forever. That being said, a class action suit is exactly what should be done. Nintendo seems to have really cheaped out on a $70 controller. They deserve punishment and should upgrade every Pro controller.

Tigranes

Arcane
In US, Nintendo now has a policy of free replacement for all drifting joycons. Get them while it's hot.

Forest Dweller

Smoking Dicks
Nintendo Confirms Yoshi’s Ability To Throw Eggs To Defeat Enemies Is A Pro-Abortion Stance
Today 11:35am
SEE MORE:ONION GAMERS NETWORK

z8uj8ajjcshi2e6qkfxk.jpg

Listen up, Yoshi fans! After years of speculation about why Mario’s companion can throw eggs to defeat enemies, we just got definitive confirmation from the company that Yoshi’s ability is meant to be a pro-choice political statement.

Longtime Nintendo producer Takashi Tezuka, who was one of the original minds behind Yoshi, dropped the information about Yoshi’s stand for a woman’s right to choose during an interview published this morning.

“At this time, more than any time since the start of Yoshi’s adventures, it’s important to make this crystal clear: Yoshi is pro-choice. Every time he throws an egg, he is terminating a pregnancy, and he is not ashamed to do it,” said the Yoshi’s Crafted World co-creator in a wide-ranging interview. “We wanted to show that a character engaging in abortion who is not only functional but thriving. Abortion gives Yoshi the power to go his own way and make his own choices. In fact, by throwing these eggs, Yoshi also has the power to defeat social ills like Shy Guys, who represent the men seeking to restrict women’s reproductive rights.”

“Ultimately, Yoshi isn’t just Mario’s dinosaur companion—he’s also meant to be a positive symbol for pro-choice women everywhere,” he added.

Tezuka went on to explain that Nintendo felt it had to take a stand because positive depictions of abortion were so rare in the media when Yoshi first became a playable character in the 1990s. He stressed that their stance has proven to be the right one, noting that anyone who has thrown an egg in a Yoshi game over the past two decades has participated in an act of pro-choice protest.

It’s definitely pretty exciting to have this huge piece of Yoshi lore finally revealed to gamers everywhere. Yoshi and his wide-range of multicolored friends have always been seen as an advocate of inclusion and diversity, but to hear he’s also a champion of women’s rights is sure to make many Nintendo fans love him even more!

I just realized Nintendo Switch Online now has SNES games and they added an option to remove that godawful bottom bar with the controls during gameplay. The shitty side border is still there, but it's much better than before.

There are 20 SNES games atm, including Zelda:ALTTP, Super Mario World and Super Metroid. Pretty good.

Personally as I have a modded Switch I'd rather just play them through Retroarch (much better shaders, for one), but still, it's nice that they're expanding the service.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
I just realized Nintendo Switch Online now has SNES games and they added an option to remove that godawful bottom bar with the controls during gameplay. The shitty side border is still there, but it's much better than before.

There are 20 SNES games atm, including Zelda:ALTTP, Super Mario World and Super Metroid. Pretty good.

Personally as I have a modded Switch I'd rather just play them through Retroarch (much better shaders, for one), but still, it's nice that they're expanding the service.

Never played snes zelda and metroid before, they are damn good.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
SNES online is good, I guess. But I have a SNES mini that I was gifted, and I'd rather play SNES games with a SNES controller.

Jarpie

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA

Heard anyone getting banned from online services for hacking their Switch? From what I've seen a bit online, there are conflicting reports.

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
Nintendo does and can ban certain HWIDs from accessing their services. They did that with hacked 3DSes, but no clue about Switch.

Heard anyone getting banned from online services for hacking their Switch? From what I've seen a bit online, there are conflicting reports.
Yes, Nintendo has quite a heavy handed approach to banning people with hacked consoles. It's unclear how their detection method works, but it's apparently pretty thorough. I don't care about it that much but even then I use a DNS to block traffic from/to Nintendo and most of the time I have the Wifi off anyway.

My opinion is, if you care about online services on the Switch, don't run CFW on it. Today there are EMUNAND solutions that are apparently safer, but even so...

Some more info here: https://gbatemp.net/threads/nintendo-switch-banning-hub-warning.508710/

Last edited:

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Weird they didn't port the Force Unleashed games instead. Not that I think those were good or better, but just more recent and more flashy.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
day 1, i could never get this working properly on modern pc

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom