Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Path of Exile is a MAJESTIC incline

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
Ah, you meant for just doing your own. I thought you meant for doing 6 of each in a party the way people grinded them out. Throw in the time waiting for people to piss and smoke and pick their nose and you'd be looking at an hour of that shit, which is a fuckton of time for someone that only plays maybe 2 hours a day to begin with.

If you're just doing your own dailies, doesn't that take weeks to finish like that anyways?

T. Reich

Arcane
Parties would take 5x time of going solo and grant 3x the exp. Worth it if you're poorfag but want the unlocks ASAP.
People with money would simply buy up the "a master seeks help" + "a gracious master" prophecies and grind maps hard. This way allows to brute-force master exp, and you'd be getting lvl8 masters in the matter of hours, while doing the mapping. But it was pretty expensive.

On the effort required:
Level 6 unlocked like 95% of crafting mods for most of the masters. You wouldn't need the rest (the "remove crafted mod" and the meta-crafting mods) unless you are hardcore PoE sperg. And if you are, then you wouldn't complain about the leveling masters, because you'd simply go ahead and get shit done.
Keep in mind that you're still getting masters in maps, and even t1 map master was equivalent to lvl7 master mission in terms of exp.

From my experience every league:
I'd level my masters to lvl5 solo, only then I would consider doing rotations. I would do rotations when convenient to hit lvl7 with key masters (elreon, catarina), then stop doing rotations and only do solo missions.
Lvl1->2 required 2 missions while leveling story mode, or 1 map mission.
Lvl2->3 required 2-3 missions, or 1 daily, or 1 map mission.
Lvl3->4 required 2 dailies or 2 map missions.
For me, lvl4 masters would be unlocked by the time I hit maps, or soon after. That's 2 days for me.
Lvl5 masters would be unlocked in another 2 days after that.
Lvl6 masters would all be unlocked by the end of the 2nd weekend after the league start - 9-10 days, basically. At this stage, I would have access to the most important mods.
Lvl7 masters would be unlocked in a week after that.
If I cared about lvl8 masters at this point, I would get them by the end of month 1 of the league.

Damned Registrations

I don't get why you need the crafting unlocked to begin with. If you're trading for stuff anyways, it's a waste of time compared to just buying shit. The game is set up so gear is hyper specific, which means for every item you find that you can mod slightly to make useful for yourself, you'll find a dozen you could sell to other people, and buy a better version of what you were trying to craft.

What exactly is so important and hard to get? What trillion chaos per second recipe am I missing out on?

ArchAngel

Arcane
I don't get why you need the crafting unlocked to begin with. If you're trading for stuff anyways, it's a waste of time compared to just buying shit. The game is set up so gear is hyper specific, which means for every item you find that you can mod slightly to make useful for yourself, you'll find a dozen you could sell to other people, and buy a better version of what you were trying to craft.

What exactly is so important and hard to get? What trillion chaos per second recipe am I missing out on?
Lol man.. you know nothing Jon Snow.

Damned Registrations

Apparently. Is running with a full load of rare veiled focus mods the new meta or something? Because anything not veiled seems trivial to unlock. It even tells you exactly where to find the recipe, not that I'm going to be scrambling to get that sick +12str/dex mod any time soon.

Possibly Retarded The Real Fanboy
Huh looks like at their exilecon there will be David Brevik and Max and Erich Schaefer. Aka leads behind D1 and D2.
Since ExileCon will be also official announcement and presentation of 4.0 aka PoE2 something tells me that this is not just nudge toward D2 fans but probably something more. Maybe they will be joining GGG. Torchlights aren't that hot and David already said plenty of praise about PoE and even twitch streamed it before talking about it.

------------------------------------------------------------

lately i made for poe playlist. Works like a charm:

Wasn't Brevik brought in as a consultant for Chinese PoE? I wouldn't be amazed if he is being courted by Tencent to transition Chris Wilson out once his stake vests and he can fully cash out.

Whoa, i Was sure that Breivik guy is still at jail after that Island shoot out larp.

Absinthe

Arcane
also maybe someone can help me brainstorming. so i would like to test The Golden Rule. as i am life and not CI, i cannot handle poison stacks that will. immunity from Pantheon will neglect the effect of The Golden Rule.
looking for a way to just take minimal poison damage if at all while still getting stacks
Get Maw of Conquest or stack chaos resistance and life. You can also get Mind Over Matter or use ES with Corrupted Energy or Shavs if you want. Solaris Lorica will also double as a discount Shavs and also gives you a 25% reduction to chaos damage over time taken. Using a vaal legion timeless jewel of Xibaqua also lets you turn a keystone into Divine Flesh which will give you a solid +10% boost to maximum chaos resist (and convert 50% of elemental damage taken to chaos, which can be paired with Incandescent Heart to make it 75% total).

Last edited:

Zdzisiu

Arcane
New League announcement:

https://www.pathofexile.com/blight

Aside from the new league mechanics, which are a god damn Tower Defence and I dont understand much of it, I love the change to master missions. You can now collect them for later and they stack really high. So you can collect like 100 of Einhar missions and then open them one by one on a map of your choice for a whole weekend of Brockback mountain fun with Einhar.

frajaq

Erudite
The Master Mission changes look good, Assassin Poison archetype also looks good

but goddamn does this league's mechanic looks like complete ass to play

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
So they promised a raider rework, so far we see only minions, mines, assassin(how pointless).

I feel tower defense might be really terrible. Sit and wait while a timer ticks down is not quite Poe at its peak. Deterministic amulet crafting is nice though.

ArchAngel

Arcane
So they promised a raider rework, so far we see only minions, mines, assassin(how pointless).

I feel tower defense might be really terrible. Sit and wait while a timer ticks down is not quite Poe at its peak. Deterministic amulet crafting is nice though.
It is not much different than Breach. You activate the thingy and sit around the middle and kill shit as they appear and wait for (invisible) countdown timer to run out.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
What's the deal with these cat eyes? I get flashbacks from Kevin Sorbo's Hercules
latest
or some X-Files episode, when they encounter invisible predator with glowing eyes

more comfy control for miners?
yes

Mark.L.Joy

Prophet
Any sort of casting will only slow down minions best clear for them seems to be physical + speed, you rush with horde trough packs.
Anyway looking at the trailer I dunno wtf they are trying to do

Reinhardt

Arcane
Yes, we need tower defense! Because there was clearly not enough shit happening on the screen already.

Zdzisiu

Arcane
all this tower defence makes me think that poe is getting rdy to come to mobile

EDIT: i like this infernal legion support gem... I wonder what is radius. If its large then potentially you could run single burning torch golem?
Skeletons with minion instability is where the true jihad is!

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
In my experience, you can always rely on pulling the 1alch shit-tier uniques.

Frequently multiples. In the same map.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom