Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dragon Ball Z Kakarot, holy shit finaly DBZ RPG after years of waiting

thesoup

Arcane
I remember getting wrecked by those green enemies since I couldn't figure out the moonrunes.

Thankfully, there's a fully working translation now.
Playing with a poorly translated english version that's 25% french and 10% untranslated from japanese is the og experience :obviously:

OracleX

Augur
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
I remember getting wrecked by those green enemies since I couldn't figure out the moonrunes.

Thankfully, there's a fully working translation now.
Playing with a poorly translated english version that's 25% french and 10% untranslated from japanese is the og experience :obviously:

Jesus christ I remember playing that.
treasure the memory. I found out much later you could receive Zen Kais on they Saiyan units. Also you were also able to get Ginyu in your team (when he switches bodies with Goku on Namek. Game became somewhat buggy afterthat IIRC (not game breaking)

Silentstorm

Learned
The best part is i see a part in the trailer where Goku is driving a car alongside Gohan, and we've heard there will be a segment dedicated to the filler episode where Goku and Piccolo learn to drive which i am really excited about.

But still, this really shows they are serious at giving a more open-world feel to the game and making this the biggest DB RPG ever, not only can you fish, craft or make Chi-Chi cook, you can just take a driver's license and drive around the world, i mean, flying will likely be much faster, but it's nice just having the chance to do that.

Also, i wonder if this means that we will be able to buy cars and then drive them with Super Saiyan Goku and Piccolo?

And yes, the trailer shows that, at around 0:59 seconds you see Goku driving, and it doesn't even seem to be in the city.

Silentstorm

Learned
Grand Theft DragonBall
Now you made me want that, and i swear to God, if this game has a sidequest where you have street races against underground racers designed by Toriyama to make a version of Fast And Furious where Goku is Vin Diesel, then that's it, there is no way any other Dragon Ball game will compared.

And sadly, i really doubt that will happen, still impressed they are going this far with side activities for this game though, everything about it looks great.

Also, this game will have one OC character:
vZLXOc-xndwK8PwvVgAQ0D3COSqINC0gx_XJbg4erRc.png

Bonyu, a former member of the Ginyu Force who left the team because she hated their poses, her name also has something to do with breasts and it was apparently a joke on people who started expected a full blown fanservice character with ridiculous breasts, but nope, she's just another member of Jeice's race apparently, and we do know she must be stronger than the average soldier to be part of the Ginyu Force at least.

Don't know if there are any other OC characters, but i wouldn't mind that if they keep on being designed by Toriyama.

Silentstorm

Learned
Imagine how that would be like in the Super era where everyone is either much stronger or can easily one shot the likes of Kid Buu?

The numbers would be astronomical!

...Okay, so Goten and Trunks are basically the same, and Krillin stopped training for a while, but everyone else got so much stronger, i mean, the latest villain in the manga was introduced as complaining about not being strong, when we see him not using his full power fighting two beings at Majin Buu's level of power and easily winning.

Dragon Ball Super:Kakarot would have such amazing numbers Disgaea would come in to sue them.

Vorark

Erudite
I hope there's a side quest where you can pass your driving license.

The best part is i see a part in the trailer where Goku is driving a car alongside Gohan, and we've heard there will be a segment dedicated to the filler episode where Goku and Piccolo learn to drive which i am really excited about.

Dragon-Ball-Z-Kakarot-2019-08-20-19-008.jpg

Awww yeah!! :salute:

Late edit: Gematsu changed the above screenshot to android #16 being killed ffs, reuploaded the original image it somewhere else.

Last edited:

J1M

Arcane
I can somewhat understand people wanting some nostalgia, but I don't know how anyone could play this with the sound on.

Silentstorm

Learned
Why aren't they wearing their cheesy beach attire???!
Gotta have something for DLC, either that, or since this game seems to be going for more of an open-world feel, you can buy and unlock clothes and then decide if you want to wear them, and the dev just didn't bother with switching clothes.

And according to some voice actors, they have been hired to voice Buu and Buu saga characters, so it seems like this game will be about the entirety of Dragon Ball Z plus some filler.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
They actualy have Battle Power (BP) like in the show and like in the Legend of the Saiyan RPG, which means that if you are too low level you might not do damage at all to strong enemies, or if you will grind a lot and over level, you will be killing enemies in 1-2 hits

WVFdYUz.png

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
So ive done some searching and buu saga is confirmed, this game should have crazy ammount of content spanning whole of dbz.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard

This was my actual first RPG, explaining much of who I am today.

I don't think I ever figured out which card did what.

It's pretty easy, the upper stars are your attack power, the lower stars are your defense, the image in middle represents the character 'favourite' card, if the image in center is the same as your characters image, then the character attacks all enemies with one attack,

there is also a special 'magic' card which is blue, with it you can launch your KI attacks like kamehameha etc.

I loved using kaioken + battle power up card + save scumming to get a perfect 6 attack magic card to launch powerfull kamehameha.

also its fun to get a 6 star defense and use a battle power up card and when enemy attacks you there is a message ' enemy attack does no damage, Goku is too strong !'

Nathir

Liturgist
Can I destroy Cell with Yamcha? Can I play as Freeza and win on Namek?

Or will I be replaying the same stories that have been in every DBZ game for 30 years?

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
No idea, not enough info yet, but there are random encounters in the overworld !

10:00

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom