Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warhammer Necromunda: Underhive Wars - tactical RPG from Mordheim devs

but it has always been for the kids, both the real kind and the overgrown ones.
Yes, but I don't mean "things kids like", but things some busybody faggot thinks kids ought to like. Like pretty much anything with "For Kids" (TM) at the end, with an extra dose of degeneracy.

Violence bad, faggotry and rot pockets ftw.

Last edited:
I use fluff and lore interchangeably, if there is a difference I am ignorant to it.

And don't get me wrong, I ain't busting a nut over this and exagerrate my reaction for comedic effect but do find it bizarre the 2 gangs that were always mono gendered and had sexist beliefs are all of a sudden ok with mixed gender setups so can't help but wonder what the decision making process was there.
I think the (((decision making process))) is quite obvious. What will be next, Warhammer 40k for kids? Ooops!
but it has always been for the kids, both the real kind and the overgrown ones.
That's a bit of a fallacy. Warhammer has always been marketed towards kids. But the majority audience has been autistic boomers like myself. The kids never stick around for more than a couple months at a time and then leave because of how expensive the hobby is. That's why the majority of supplemental material such as novels, spin off games, vidya, and so on are marketed soley towards the autistic boomer market. Warhammer Adventures is a stab at drawing the kids back in. But they aren't interested because what drew them into 40k in the first place was the edgy "mature" vibes it gives off.

Space Satan

Arcane
Vatnik
Necromunda had some kind of resource management. And I have little hope for this to be implemented well because almost every TBS fares poorly in this matter.

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Necromunda had some kind of resource management. And I have little hope for this to be implemented well because almost every TBS fares poorly in this matter.
Mordheim had resource management and IMO pretty good one.
Not sure about the late game (I quit playing the game for other reasons), but early - mid game the resources were quite sparse and you couldn't be wasting them.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Six months later, the same answer:

Is this game a casualty of the war between Focus Home and Bigben?

FWIW, they posted a job posting for Assistant Producer on this three months ago.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Out of the blue we got a release date, August 27th. It's still published by Focus:

Deep below the nightmarish, polluted hive cities of Necromunda, in the twisted, vertiginous, dark tunnels of the Underhive, rival gangs fight to the bitter end for personal power, wealth, survival and the honour of their Houses. Only the strongest survive.

Lead, customize, and grow your gang. Specialize each member and send them to battle in hazardous dystopian environments to complete perilous contracts. Exploit the terrain in tactical gunfights: climb raised walkways to take advantage, set traps, and ambush foes to force them into bloody melee engagements.

Learn new skills, loot equipment and bring your evolved gang to 4-player online gang fights.
  • Lead and evolve your gangs in this compelling tactical-RPG
  • Follow a rich narrative campaign in the Underhive
  • Engage in immersive and persistent game modes
  • First video game adaptation from mythical tabletop game Necromunda, the most famous Hive World of Warhammer 40,000
  • Play solo or join thrilling 4-way online gang fights

Still no gameplay screenshots.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Development hell explained: https://forums.focus-home.com/topic/49971/community-update-28-05

Necromunda: Underhive Wars coming soon to PC, Xbox One, and PlayStation 4
Greetings, friends and fellow Necromunda fans,

We know many of you have been following this project with great interest, and wondering what is happening with Necromunda: Underhive Wars. We’re here today to address these questions openly, and to bring some great news on the state of development, release details, and what you can expect in the next few months from our teams at Rogue Factor and Focus Home Interactive.
And so, without further ado, let’s jump right in!

News from the development front - where have we been?
In early 2018, our teams were eager to lift the curtain and show the new game we were working on, following the success of our previous title, Mordheim: City of the Damned. We were absolutely thrilled to see the Teaser Trailer being greeted to an amazing reception from both fans and media outlets alike, confirming the vivid enthusiasm around this very first video game reimagining of Games Workshop’s iconic tabletop franchise.

As you probably know, video game development is seldom a long, quiet river - it is rather an iterative, creative and constantly-evolving process, one that involves numerous craftspeople all working towards the same goal of creating memorable, fun and engaging interactive experiences. It is also a process that adapts to the emergence of new considerations, difficulties and opportunities - some brought to light by our own discovery of the worlds we create, as we see them progressively take form, and others offered by the most important - and crucial - feedback of players like you.

In February 2019, we organised a round of Closed Playtests, aimed at receiving an honest and fresh assessment from some of our most senior and dedicated community members (to whom we would once again like to say a huge thank you!).

While these sessions confirmed that the game was indeed heading in the right direction, they also made clear to us that we had to make some important changes, in order to realise the project’s full potential, and carry it to the height of its intended creative vision. We also discovered many instances of new and emerging possibilities - key fun-factors of the experience that were only revealed by pushing the envelope in bold, new directions. In both cases, the changes to the existing systems meant taking the steps needed to improve the game, and to refocus it on its core pillars.

Since then, we’ve spent all of our time working on Necromunda: Underhive Wars - resolved to avoid generating new public hype or expectations until we were finally nearing the finish line, holding a game we knew we’d be proud to present and bring to you. While it took a tremendous amount of effort to get to where we are today, we are absolutely convinced that this long journey was all worth it, and it is with the utmost pleasure that we can finally say we’re just about ready to lift the veil, and to show you everything you have so patiently been waiting for!

What’s next?
Necromunda: Underhive Wars will be released worldwide for PC, Xbox One and PlayStation 4 in summer 2020! We will be revealing gameplay, new trailers, a specific release date and much, much more very soon.

Get ready for an action-tactics game like no other.
Necromunda: Underhive Wars will bring a unique, personal, and grounded perspective on the Necromunda, one of the most famous Hive Worlds from the legendary Warhammer 40,000 universe. This very first video game adaptation of the iconic tabletop franchise invites you to take command of Necromunda’s infamous gangs and wage endless conflict for the control of the sparse riches of the Underhive like never before!
  • Experience a carefully-crafted blend of turn-based tactical gameplay, RPG elements and deep unit customisation, all combining to create thunderous firefights and brutal melee engagements in sprawling vertical environments where cunning, boldness and strength will all make the difference between life and death.
  • Discover an explosive story campaign spanning 15 action-packed missions and written by acclaimed Warhammer 40,000 author Andy Chambers. Follow the fate of 3 infamous gangs set on a collision course with one another, racing into the depths of the Underhive in search of the most valuable of long-lost treasures.
  • Create your own gangs and experiment with deep customization mechanics, allowing you to tailor every aspect of the fighters you will lead in battle. See them grow stronger with each hard-fought victory, as well as risk their lives with every new encounter.
  • Master an endlessly replayable and immersive single-player gameplay loop where meaningful decisions both in and out of battle will determine the rise or fall of your gangs. Travel to different sectors of the Underhive and secure their resources while defending your HQ against the constant threat of rival factions.
  • Lead your fighters online in no holds barred matches against other players, where multiple scenarios, maps and persistent game-modes will allow you to prove your might and forge your reputation as the most fearsome force in the Underhive.
Thank You!
On behalf of everyone here at Rogue Factor and Focus Home Interactive, we thank you for your patience, as well as for your continued participation and interest in this great project. We are absolutely convinced that you’ll love the game and all the contents we have in store, just around the corner.

In the meantime, don’t hesitate to join our official Discord, as well as follow us on Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, Facebook and Twitch to be among the first to know more about Necromunda: Underhive Wars.

Until then, stay safe, and have a wonderful day.
Best regards,

The Rogue Factor and Focus Home Interactive teams

Strange Fellow

Peculiar
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
There's one out of left field, innit. Thought this was dead and buried. Good to be wrong :incline::incline:

Last edited:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
What's the 3rd gang that they're talking about?
Goliath and Escher were already confirmed.

Description was also updated:

Deep below the nightmarish, polluted hive cities of Necromunda, in the twisted, vertiginous, dark tunnels of the Underhive, rival gangs fight to the bitter end for personal power, wealth, survival and the honour of their Houses. Only the strongest survive.

Lead, customize, and grow your gangs of Escher, Goliath, and Orlock. Specialize each member and send them to battle in hazardous dystopian environments. Exploit the terrain in tactical gunfights: climb raised walkways to take advantage, set traps, and ambush foes to force them into bloody melee engagements.

Learn new skills, loot equipment and bring your evolved gang to 4-player online gang fights.
  • Lead and evolve your gangs in this compelling tactical-RPG
  • Follow a rich narrative campaign in the Underhive
  • Engage in immersive and persistent game modes
  • First video game adaptation from mythical tabletop game Necromunda, the most famous Hive World of Warhammer 40,000
  • Play solo or join thrilling 4-way online gang fights

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
"Create your own gangs"? Does this mean it's not just Goliath vs. Escher? Or does it simply mean you can choose your team composition and maybe what color mohawk?

EDIT: Never mind, this thread is updating at a mile a minute

Edija

Arcane
Patron
I still hate the fact that they made this over an actual Chaos Gate like game where we would have deep tactical combat in the vein of Jagged Alliance or XCOM, SM vs CSM to start with and they could expand with other races. But no, muh gangs.

zapotec

Liturgist
There is still the third person camera and keyboard movement for a turn based game?:retarded:

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
I still hate the fact that they made this over an actual Chaos Gate like game where we would have deep tactical combat in the vein of Jagged Alliance or XCOM, SM vs CSM to start with and they could expand with other races. But no, muh gangs.

it's a board game adaptation you gigantic cretin

Jinn

Arcane
I'm so happy this finally has a release date and is confirmed not cancelled. This shit going to be so good.

Edija

Arcane
Patron

it's a board game adaptation you gigantic cretin

And that somehow refutes my post that the setting I described would be much more popular, enjoyable and acceptable to the majority of the fanbase? Especially if you're creating something to cater to a wider audience that is not immensely invested in the tabletop? Space Hulk was a very good adaptation of the board game as well, but that doesn't mean it's necessarily very fun to stand around corridors with your terminators overwatching genestealers for ten hours. Also, isn't this game from the same devs that made Mordheim, which remained a very niche game and probably had a setting that was vastly more known and recognizable to most fans?

Nagger.

And that somehow refutes my post that the setting I described would be much more popular, enjoyable and acceptable to the majority of the fanbase? Especially if you're creating something to cater to a wider audience that is not immensely invested in the tabletop?

And that, gentlemen, is how we ended up with the current "lowest common denominator" popamole cesspool. Because if you are going to make a game, why not for the largest possible audience? In fact, why a tactics game at all? Why not a shooter? And why not another CoD instead of that WH40k nerd shit? And we could even place in-game ads in the billboards! We'll be rolling in the dough, guys!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom