Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

World of Darkness Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines 2 from Hardsuit Labs

Jinn

Arcane
30 hours eh? I guess I will go in there with similar expectation with Greedfall - a casual game with pretty graphics.

While I kind of get where you're coming from - as I enjoy lengthy games myself - I don't feel like just because a game is 30 hours long it would be classified as "casual." Some of the finest CRPGs of the past were of similar length.

purpleblob

Savant
30 hours eh? I guess I will go in there with similar expectation with Greedfall - a casual game with pretty graphics.

While I kind of get where you're coming from - as I enjoy lengthy games myself - I don't feel like just because a game is 30 hours long it would be classified as "casual." Some of the finest CRPGs of the past were of similar length.

I am hoping Bloodlines2 will offer an interesting world where I can sidetrack myself rather than just following the main quest - and going by the quote "Bloodlines 2 will feature a campaign about 30 hours long, assuming you’re the type to stop and smell the roses" gives me impression its tad bit short. Also, the gameplay videos didn't quite give me confidence that the game will be as intriguing as I was hoping - seems to be more focused on "look at these sexy vampires and pretty environment".

Jinn

Arcane
I am hoping Bloodlines2 will offer an interesting world where I can sidetrack myself rather than just following the main quest - and going by the quote "Bloodlines 2 will feature a campaign about 30 hours long, assuming you’re the type to stop and smell the roses" gives me impression its tad bit short. Also, the gameplay videos didn't quite give me confidence that the game will be as intriguing as I was hoping - seems to be more focused on "look at these sexy vampires and pretty environment".

Ah, got ya. That's a fair assumption based on that quote. It was just the phrasing of the initial post that threw me off of your point. Also, I think Greedfall is supposed to be 35-40 hours if you do most of the side-content (I'm guessing around 45 hours at my pace), with a fair amount of choice and consequence for replayability. Seems pretty good to me.

Kyl Von Kull

The Night Tripper
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

Yeah, like Vampire: The Masquerade Bloodlines. They explicitly said it’s the same length as the original in that interview.

jf8350143

Liturgist
30 to 40 hours on a normal playthrough is perfectly fine for a RPG. Actually I'd say it's better than 50 or 60 hours because they don't have a big enough budget to make enough meanful content, so they will have to have tons of fillers to stretch the length out.

Starwars

Arcane
I read crafting somewhere in this thread... please, please, please let this game not be infected by that shit. Each time I play a new game and I first loot stuff like "gunpowder" or materials that are represented by a little gear icon it makes me want to throw my PC out the window.

Last edited:

moon knight

Matt7895's alt
:whatho:
Are you playing as the hobo king johny the trash collector or a fucking vampire????? Why the fuck are you collecting toilet paper,empty cans and mugs while ignoring expensive items?!?!?!?!?!?!? In the first game you were stealing watches and jewels,here you steal trash.

Because the first game was set on the glorious 90s, this is set in modern murica

HansDampf

Arcane
VtMB is 20-30 hours long.

Didn't they say at some point that the game won't feature quest objective markers? Why the FUCK do all the gameplay videos have it then?
It was a misinterpretation of what the developers actually said.
What did the developer actually say?
When the game was announced in March someone must have compiled a list of features (based on the announcement and developer interviews) which was then copypasted everywhere. One of the bullet points said "no quest markers". But I'm not sure where they got that from. The closest comment from the developers I could find is this one: "We're not using any kind of indicators for a lot of the side quests and a lot of the secret interactions that you can do throughout the game..."
Whatever that means.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
I see. So you are the reason my browser gives me a "fraud" warning when i visit RPG Codex.

Consensus is that the Society of Leopold, Hallowbrook Hotel, Xiao's temple, and LaCroix tower are a drag and they're all in a row with brief breaks.

Obsfuscate 2+ points.
???
PROFIT!

Not every clan gets that nor should it be necessary to make an investment in a specific skill in a role playing game.

(additionally, it's virtually impossible to sneak through the Sabbat Hotel, the corridors are too narrow)

Alexios

Augur
Patron
30 hours is fine for an exceptionally good RPG, which this most certainly will not be.

Also, that article doesn't say anything about DLC. They could very well mean 30 hours with 2-3 years' worth of DLC.

Zer0wing

Cipher
Not every clan gets that nor should it be necessary to make an investment in a specific skill in a role playing game.
....You do understand that VTMB is a clan-based RPG, right? So if you picked up brujah, looked on available disciplines and still expecting complete the game as a sissy sucker on your knees... You're a goddamn retard. And if you thought you could avoid lvling up disciplines in a VtM game, you're double retard. Also, you do understand that VtM:B is sold as Action-RPG so it requers also a working spinal cord to finish, right? If not, you know the answer.
Also, lvling useful skills that the game expects you to have (at least one of them) is not a requirement in RPG is just plain sawyerity.
(additionally, it's virtually impossible to sneak through the Sabbat Hotel, the corridors are too narrow)
Obfuscate 5 :M

Last edited:

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
....You do understand that VTMB is a clan-based RPG, right? So if you picked up brujah, looked on available disciplines and still expecting complete the game as a sissy sucker on your knees... You're a goddamn retard. And if you thought you could avoid lvling up disciplines in a VtM game, you're double retard. Also, you do understand that VtM:B is sold as Action-RPG so it requers also a working spinal cord to finish, right? If not, you know the answer.
Also, lvling useful skills that the game expects you to have (at least one of them) is not a requirement in RPG is just plain sawyerity.

Obfuscate is only available to two out of seven clans and both significantly change your dialogue or other characters' reactions to you. Moreover, putting a lot of points into combat skills does nothing to change the fact that Bloodlines has four terrible combat crawls. It's not a question of difficulty, it's that the content goes on for too long and isn't particularly fun to play regardless of your build. Invisibly walking through all these enemies isn't fun either.
Obfuscate 5 :M

This requires a massive point investment and there are two other disciplines one might want to use instead.

VtMB is 20-30 hours long.

Didn't they say at some point that the game won't feature quest objective markers? Why the FUCK do all the gameplay videos have it then?
It was a misinterpretation of what the developers actually said.
What did the developer actually say?
When the game was announced in March someone must have compiled a list of features (based on the announcement and developer interviews) which was then copypasted everywhere. One of the bullet points said "no quest markers". But I'm not sure where they got that from. The closest comment from the developers I could find is this one: "We're not using any kind of indicators for a lot of the side quests and a lot of the secret interactions that you can do throughout the game..."
Whatever that means.
These things are so simple to solve. Just have it as an option. I'll be highly disappointed if i can't turn off those 'come fuck me' arrows.

Prime Junta

Consensus is that the Society of Leopold, Hallowbrook Hotel, Xiao's temple, and LaCroix tower are a drag and they're all in a row with brief breaks.

Leopold isn’t so bad. The others really are obvious cut-and-paste padding and tiresome to slog through.

Also you forgot to mention the sewers.

Prime Junta

These things are so simple to solve. Just have it as an option. I'll be highly disappointed if i can't turn off those 'come fuck me' arrows.

If the quest descriptions and in-world features don’t have enough info for you to find them, you’re SOL. And they won’t, if the game is designed and playtested with quest markers.

Quest markers are a giant timesaver for the designers, they never need to worry if something is too hard to find. That’s the main reason for this particular form of :decline:

If the quest descriptions and in-world features don’t have enough info for you to find them, you’re SOL. And they won’t, if the game is designed and playtested with quest markers.

Quest markers are a giant timesaver for the designers, they never need to worry if something is too hard to find. That’s the main reason for this particular form of :decline:
Decline indeed. I'm not sure if you played Deus Ex Mankind Divided. That game has a horrible story, but every quest can be beaten without looking at the map or quest markers, because NPCs give you actual directions and all the streets/houses are named and numbered.

Prime Junta

Decline indeed. I'm not sure if you played Deus Ex Mankind Divided. That game has a horrible story, but every quest can be beaten without looking at the map or quest markers, because NPCs give you actual directions and all the streets/houses are named and numbered.

I haven't, but if so then good on them, it's too bad games nowadays are all too rarely like that.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Leopold isn’t so bad. The others really are obvious cut-and-paste padding and tiresome to slog through.

Also you forgot to mention the sewers.

Didn't include the sewers because it's not at the end (there's one more hub left to explore after) and there are places where you can come back up to the surface to take a break (to restock on supplies or possibly do some sidequest you didn't do yet for whatever reason). It's longer than it needs to be, sure.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom