Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Portraits for PoE Thread

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Hell, I scroll way too many pages and NOT ONE single pic that I find interesting, or worth downloading.

No, I dont use it to play PoE. But I DO use interesting pics to make portraits for other games.

I confirm that the link is simply shit. Shit as in "way too shitty taste to worth time".
I classify portrait pics by a few criteria:
Does it inspire me to think about "what this person's character would be like"?
Does it have individuality or is it more of a "typical rogue", "typical mage" etc?
Is it looking straight at the camera or is it 3/4 or 1/2 portrait?

BTW, I'm really missing Orlan and Aumaua potraits. Also, Deadfire has a heavily over-feminized cast, and it's near impossible to find fitting female dwarf portraits, in addition to orlan and aumaua.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
Jaceface, freelance illustrator at your service!
86ixp8uy0f311.jpg

Oh shit, a Brazil reference! Now that's fuckin' rare to see.

Glad to see you back at work, but sorry to hear of your tragedy.

AwesomeButton

Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
More Aumaua women portraits are always welcome. My project for putting a colored portrait for every more important NPC sorely needs them.

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Hell, I scroll way too many pages and NOT ONE single pic that I find interesting, or worth downloading.

No, I dont use it to play PoE. But I DO use interesting pics to make portraits for other games.

I confirm that the link is simply shit. Shit as in "way too shitty taste to worth time".
I classify portrait pics by a few criteria:
Does it inspire me to think about "what this person's character would be like"?
Does it have individuality or is it more of a "typical rogue", "typical mage" etc?
Is it looking straight at the camera or is it 3/4 or 1/2 portrait?

BTW, I'm really missing Orlan and Aumaua potraits. Also, Deadfire has a heavily over-feminized cast, and it's near impossible to find fitting female dwarf portraits, in addition to orlan and aumaua.

To me, the portraits are an essential feature of modern CRPGs, and it's hard to get into games with shitty, sketchy or tiny portraits. I have the mega selection for P:K and any time I create a character or sidekick I either have an idea for a character and shuffle through the portraits to see which one fits the idea, or I even just shuffle through the portraits with no particular idea in mind and see if one "speaks" to me and sparks off an idea for a character.

And often, too, if I'm wondering what response to give in a conversation, I check in with the portrait and wonder, "What would that person say?"

Kapnobatai

Novice
I spent last few days testing builds and scouring internet for character profile pic, and decided to post my crops here so I would feel less shitty for wasting so much time on it.

It's for evil female playthrough, here they are:
15iRRCD.png

eG3mmP9.png

aR78fVi.png

c4drZMi.png
Goes very good with Mystic voice type
btIyio3.png

bAuZcVn.png

q3tyh7v.png

jWjquoM.png
Goes very good with Stoic voice type
UKIPU6y.png

zmd1Tdd.png

4vL60XT.png
Went with last one for my character. Human Cipher with Drifter-orphan-killed her parents background.
Will go for Cruel, Aggressive, Deceptive, Rational and Stoic conversation disposition options. Will avoid Benevolent and Clever at all costs.
So yeah: edgy, edgier, my character.

Here is a zip: press me[url].[/url]

Kapnobatai

Novice
You missed
Nah, it just didn't have that certain something I was looking for. Looked tad bit too generic to me with that hoodie.
Unfortunately when you start cropping pictures that caught your eye they loose a lot of their uniqueness and start to look generic too :/

Anyway, here is a dump of all the images I downloaded in my search: press me
That last picture is one I used for my Bard Jester in Baldur's Gate.

Last edited:

AwesomeButton

Patron
My colored Rymrgand. I made it in photoshop from one picture of a bison covered in snow combined with the original watercolor Rymrgand. And then there was a couple of hours of painting over it by me. When I reduced it to 90x141, this is what it ends up as:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom