Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Underrail: The Incline Awakens

Candide

Educated
How many unique quests are there on the pirate side? I don't want to do any of the lemurian stuff again - is it still mandatory when joining the pirates?

Blackmill

Scholar
How many unique quests are there on the pirate side? I don't want to do any of the lemurian stuff again - is it still mandatory when joining the pirates?

I could be wrong, but I don't think you get any uniques that would be unobtainable if you joined Aegis.

You can do the raiding stuff without doing the Lemurian stuff.

Aside from the raids being fun, I'd say the main benefit of joining the pirates is...

...you get a bunch of jet-ski feats from Razor. Also, Katya is a really good merchant, especially with high mercantile. She sells a lot of deep caverns only stuff and otherwise hard-to-get items.

ItsChon

Resident Zoomer
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Attacking the Protectorate ship also needs to be fixed. You can get stuck on the ship if you land at a certain spot. I can't get back on my fucking jet ski.

Blackmill

Scholar
Not surprised. Are you supposed to only be able to board the Protectorate ship from the back? I kept dying trying to board from the sides, since there was a mouse indicator that you could, but the game would never let me.

ItsChon

Resident Zoomer
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Not surprised. Are you supposed to only be able to board the Protectorate ship from the back? I kept dying trying to board from the sides, since there was a mouse indicator that you could, but the game would never let me.
You can board from the sides but you can't get back onto your jet ski.

Blackmill

Scholar
You can board from the sides but you can't get back onto your jet ski.

Gotcha. My game wouldn't let me board from the sides after many attempts from every possible position. But better that than getting stuck. I was able to get back onto my jet ski from the back of the ship without a hitch. Guess I got lucky in hindsight.

Blackmill

Scholar
Which of veteran feats are good for a crossbowman? So far I've took +PER.

Scrutinous is good since you can't always use Ambush or Deadly Snares.

Opportunist isn't a veteran feat, but is easily activated by shock bolts (and Concussive Shots), and I believe the damage bonus is multiplicative. Could be a better option if you don't already have it.

I wouldn't say the veteran feats, outside of +PER, are that much better than regular feats for crossbows.

Too bad I have burned 3 full batches on super steel and got q100ish at best... I guess wearing rathound regalia is my destiny
100 quality leather is still better than regalia unless you need the strength bonus. Or the rathounds ignoring you thing, but you can just keep it in your inventory and put it on for rathound areas if you want that.

epeli

Arcane
This worked, thank you. There were some screw-ups at first, failures to load or severe bugs, and it required some trial and error—I had to append "01" to the end of the new string after overwriting, since the new string is one numeral longer than the old, and my hex editor automatically overwrites additional unselected numerals in order to fit whatever's being overwrite-pasted. I used your online unpacker and repacker, and repacked into the custom unknown version that's automatically added to the drop-down.

Cheers! Hex editors default to overwrite rather than insert, I didn't think to warn about that. Search and replace might've been easier than pasting it in. And yeah, I haven't added new patches to the unpacker's version list. Using those unfamiliar data model versions straight from input file is better, since the data model is what matters and it's not really tied to the game's patch version.

Blackmill

Scholar
epeli, the second link on the Underrail wiki's combat stats page leads to a thread that you were involved in, where you say you made the update regarding resolve save chance. I've quoted the section.

Attacks and status effects can be resisted (ie. completely avoided) with Dodge, Evasion, Fortitude or Resolve, depending on the attack's type. These four saving throws are checked against attacker's relevant skill, e.g. An attack with Frighten would test attacker's Thought Control vs. defender's Resolve to determine its duration.[2]

The base save chance of Resolve and Fortitude is 1 - attack skill / defense skill * 0.7 and it is capped between 5% and 75%. So relative to defense skill, about 135% attack skill minimizes the save chance and 35% maximizes it.

But the thread this was based on was from 2014 and I've been told that the mechanics are now different. For instance, in the linked thread I'm told that Thought Control does not affect resist chance. Could you confirm if this is true?

-------

Supposing the combat stats page is still correct, I was also hoping you could clarify the information on resolve/fortitude save chance.

If I have parsed the quoted section correctly, then "Attacks and status effects can be resisted" includes flashbangs. But what would be the attack skill? If it is Throwing, then flashbangs would be useless for characters with 0 throwing, which isn't true. So either flashbangs follow different mechanics, use a fixed value for attack skill, or treat the player's Throwing skill as higher than it truly is.

Also, with the new Brutality feat, I assume Intimidation would be the relevant attack skill for the above formula?

Thanks!

Last edited:

epeli

Arcane
If I have parsed the quoted section correctly, then "Attacks and status effects can be resisted" includes flashbangs. But what would be the attack skill? If it is Throwing, then flashbangs would be useless for characters with 0 throwing, which isn't true. So either flashbangs follow different mechanics, use a fixed value for attack skill, or treat the player's Throwing skill as higher than it truly is.

Also, with the new Brutality feat, I assume Intimidation would be the relevant attack skill for the above formula?

Replied to your thread on underrail.com. Looks like flashbangs indeed use fixed value for attack skill, I had never tried digging that up. Brutality is intimidation. Both try resist by Resolve.

Blackmill

Scholar
so... if you steal from rey shop prior to expedition, on return whole core city is hostile :negative:

btw: why do I get muties hostile if I turn the generator on? What do I actually accomplish with generator turned on besides lights in the area and hostile faction?
I did not get their approval to go down, sneaked in. Not turning generator allows me to talk with them freely afterwards

Could be they are worried about the Natives coming for them. You know, the Natives seem to dislike people mucking about in the ruins. They might see the lights turned on and think the muties had started doing more with the place than just squatting in it. I think Wesley says something about not wanting to anger the Natives. And, if you didn't get permission to enter the ruins, it's a give away that you snuck in.

Last edited:
btw: why do I get muties hostile if I turn the generator on? What do I actually accomplish with generator turned on besides lights in the area and hostile faction?
I did not get their approval to go down, sneaked in. Not turning generator allows me to talk with them freely afterwards
They get mad if you go downstairs without permission. Turning the generator on makes it pretty obvious you snuck in even though you weren't allowed, so they're mad.
If you do get permission and then turn it on they appreciate it. Doesn't get you much though. I'm not entirely sure how it helps since I missed the shopkeeper until after I fixed it, but his dialogue implied he was selling an expanded inventory. Or maybe he won't sell you anything at all without fixing it? His inventory sucked anyway so it doesn't matter.

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
Brutality is intimidation.

So, chance to resist Brutality is based on how much Intimidation you have?
Also, I have a question about wiki sruff. )
About Daniel Arda and the possibility to meet him after quest.
I have a feeling that maybe if you tell him that it's you who ruined his business plan, it somehow enchance possiblity to meet him? I told him that, and met him immediately after that, at the first spot sustaining special encounters.
epeli

AW8 uh eh... did you report it already?

Last edited:

Rinslin Merwind

Erudite
Meanwhile, I trying to find Olivine, Diopside and Red Rune oddities , since number 2/3 a bit bothers me. I already finished dlc questline for Aegis, killed almost all natives, cleansed pirate base and now roaming across sea, thinking where these minerals could be.

Wunderbar

Arcane
Question about expansion's ending

In order to destroy the Monolith you'll need to find a magic shard Ferryman was talking about.
Shard is buried somewhere in Boneyard, and in order to find the exact place you'll need to get a clue from some talkative native (accidentally read a spoiler about that part).
And that talkative native fellow is in the cave somewhere on native's territory.

Therefore if you want to destroy the monolith and save Todd you'll need to cull natives. Is that right?

LJ40

Cipher
Haven't actually finished it myself, but pretty sure the talkative native is on the edge of their territory and no culling is necessary. Also, I think (hope) it's doable without the native's help at all, because I'm pretty sure I killed him.

Rinslin Merwind

Erudite
Question about expansion's ending

In order to destroy the Monolith you'll need to find a magic shard Ferryman was talking about.
Shard is buried somewhere in Boneyard, and in order to find the exact place you'll need to get a clue from some talkative native (accidentally read a spoiler about that part).
And that talkative native fellow is in the cave somewhere on native's territory.
Therefore if you want to destroy the monolith and save Todd you'll need to cull natives. Is that right?
Talkative native living alone on the edge of their territory, there waterway to his island with cave, you only need to follow west wall to north and when you spot arch - here you go, watch out for native's turret though. However there ANOTHER monolith in natives temple that can be killed with shard, just smaller in size and their chieftain can spawn creatures of the void too, like monolith and so I decided to genocide natives, just in case.

ciox

Liturgist
What is it with all this "void" stuff lately anyway? Seems every game now is telling you about null and void spaces, energies and creatures.

All "this creature of the Void can channel a Null Beam to your location, a wave of pure negative energy" and shit.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom