Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

NWN Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition - Beamdog's final enhancement - now with new premium modules

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
For those who don't know, alazander once had a blog. He was quite a harsh critic. But his blog has since been pulled. Why is that, alazander?

Luke Scull

Ossian Studios
Developer
Oh hai Luke Scull.

Are there going to be more NWN modules from Ossian?

Well met. I've actually been a Codexian since around 2005, but you guys chunked my previous account(s).

I can't provide a definitive answer to that question. My own wish is for a third expansion that ties all the previous expansions and Ossian content together and fills the content gaps in the toolset (such as winter creatures and fiends). That would cap the series nicely, I think.

Luke Scull

Ossian Studios
Developer
For those who don't know, alazander once had a blog. He was quite a harsh critic. But his blog has since been pulled. Why is that, alazander?

I upset a lot of people with some unwise comments about the proliferation of romances in Bioware RPGs and shifting demographics in the RPG market. Then I received a big book deal and changed focus from game design to novel writing and the blog no longer seemed very relevant.

If you miss that alazander-shaped void in your life, may I suggest following my blog at www.lukescull.com or adding me on Facebook?

:codexisfor:

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
Is there any class or race specific content one should be aware of?

You mean like specific quests? There is not much in the way of reactivity in the FR Trilogy. There are a couple of race-checks, though. There is one in Tyrants that will require the use of a specific item if you are non-human.

Luke Scull

Ossian Studios
Developer
Well met. I've actually been a Codexian since around 2005, but you guys chunked my previous account(s).

What was it called? Your Alazander account is from 2009.

It was a troll account. I could tell you, but then Roguey would stalk me and uncover my past sins and the Codex would otracize me and force me to slink away like so many developers of yore.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

What was it called? Your Alazander account is from 2009.

It was a troll account. I could tell you, but then Roguey would stalk me and uncover my past sins and the Codex would otracize me and force me to slink away like so many developers of yore.

Hah ok. If you want to reactivate your Alazander account at least then just say the word.

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
I upset a lot of people with some unwise comments about the proliferation of romances in Bioware RPGs and shifting demographics in the RPG market.

Sounds nasty. I steer clear of that sort of thing, but I seem to upset people in other ways.

If you miss that alazander-shaped void in your life, may I suggest following my blog at www.lukescull.com or adding me on Facebook?

If you asked me back in your CToT heyday, I would have been happy to follow you because you were one of my heroes. But now, I'm a power-blogger and follow no one.

I will put links to your site on my blog, though.

Luke Scull

Ossian Studios
Developer

If you asked me back in your CToT heyday, I would have been happy to follow you because you were one of my heroes. But now, I'm a power-blogger and follow no one.

I will put links to your site on my blog, though.

That makes me yearn for the grandeur of my glorious youth. Thank you for indulging an old man.

Sabotin

Scholar
How come you didn't decide to just make a new module continuing after Elventree? Too in-the-middle for new players? Cause really I've just finished this part and it seems like a 1:1 conversion if you disregard the new paint job.

Riddler

Arcane
Patron
Bubbles In Memoria
Having played a little it would seem that the loading is mostly fine except some of the outdoor areas that have the longest area load times i've encountered in NWN (which is still fast enough that it doesn't really bother me).

Luke Scull

Ossian Studios
Developer
How come you didn't decide to just make a new module continuing after Elventree? Too in-the-middle for new players? Cause really I've just finished this part and it seems like a 1:1 conversion if you disregard the new paint job.

The new paint job includes an opening video, new music, VO, redesigned areas, etc - but yes, design and writing-wise, it is mostly untouched. Building on the existing skeleton of the module made the project feasible. It's an "enhancement" until Elventree is finished, at which point it is almost like a different module. I hope players are pleasantly surprised by how much content there is after Elventree.

Luke Scull

Ossian Studios
Developer
I remember seeing Rogueknight speak warmly of my novels, so he's clearly a man of taste.

:lol:

You know your Realmslore, that's for sure. Welcome to the RPG Codex.

Didn't you read? I've been here since 2005!
I said Tyrants of the Moonsea is the best high-level D&D videogame since Mask of the Betrayer. If you can think of a better one (other than Swordflight?), please mention it because I'll be all over it!

Well, Swordflight Chapter II destroys your entire FR Trilogy all by itself. The Aielund Saga is superior to your modules, too.

Swordflight is on my list. I played Aielund Chapter One. It was entertaining, though a tad unpolished.

Everything from Elmwood onward is new content.

Where is the content, though? You have Elmwood and River Lis, which are sprawling, and I can count the NPCs on one hand. How many areas are after Elmwood?

Does the campaign get better?

Even better, you mean? Yes. Yes it does.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
A thing to keep in mind about Lilura assessments is that she thinks a perfectly enjoyable RPG like Underrail is terrible and not worth playing because it isn't as good as Fallout at what it does nor as good as Jagged Alliance 2 at what it does. An "if it's not better than the existing best, then why should I bother?" attitude.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
An "if it's not better than the existing best, then why should I bother?" attitude.
This is not an unreasonable attitude when you look at it through the consumer's point of view. Whether you, personally, can judge what is better and what isn't is another matter.

purpleblob

Savant
I remember seeing Rogueknight speak warmly of my novels, so he's clearly a man of taste.

:lol:

You know your Realmslore, that's for sure. Welcome to the RPG Codex.

Didn't you read? I've been here since 2005!
I said Tyrants of the Moonsea is the best high-level D&D videogame since Mask of the Betrayer. If you can think of a better one (other than Swordflight?), please mention it because I'll be all over it!

Well, Swordflight Chapter II destroys your entire FR Trilogy all by itself. The Aielund Saga is superior to your modules, too.

Swordflight is on my list. I played Aielund Chapter One. It was entertaining, though a tad unpolished.

Everything from Elmwood onward is new content.

Where is the content, though? You have Elmwood and River Lis, which are sprawling, and I can count the NPCs on one hand. How many areas are after Elmwood?

Does the campaign get better?

Even better, you mean? Yes. Yes it does.

I'm sorry but Aielund chapter 1 (as unpolished as it is) is far more entertaining than Siege of Shadowdale (1st part of your trilogy).

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
A thing to keep in mind about Lilura assessments is that she thinks a perfectly enjoyable RPG like Underrail is terrible and not worth playing because it isn't as good as Fallout at what it does nor as good as Jagged Alliance 2 at what it does. An "if it's not better than the existing best, then why should I bother?" attitude.

I always compare the new with what I consider to be the best of all time, yes. "Good for what it is" doesn't exist in my commentary.

I didn't enjoy Underrail. In the back of my mind, loomed Fallout and Jagged Alliance 2. I'd rather replay them or mod them because they are the best.

And as for NWN, Swordflight is the best. By far. Thus, every new/remade module gets compared to it. CToT + Tyrants cuts a poor figure against it, as does Daggerford. Even Aielund can't stand alongside it, and it's a great series with a big reputation in the community.

Have you read my interview with Rogueknight? I think it's a good read.

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
Worst part is, the best UI mod for DE is incompatible with EE; you can't level up.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom