Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Behold: the Mount And Blade 2: Bannerlord Gamescom demo, where we are trying to bring down a castle. This Mount And Blade 2 Bannerlord gameplay is mostly without commentary, so you can drink it in without us gabbling away. Thanks to Logitech G and the G432 7.1 Surround Sound gaming headset for sponsoring this video. Check out the tech behind the G432 over on the Logitech G site: http://bit.ly/2FkTkbi

Gamescom 2018 was the first time Taleworlds showed off the story campaign for Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord, letting us dip into the world and have any adventure we want. Last year Matthew got a bit lost - this year he has a better idea of what he's doing - he builds his army, eats some mule and decides to smoke out the weak in a castle siege. The Mount and Blades 2 campaign is another free form sandbox, letting you pick your fights and carve out your story. Matthew's story mostly involves lying down while others fight for him. Typical.

It’s not only a huge step up for the series that helps bring the world alive - we love entering fast travel and watching the day night cycle rip across the sky - but this year saw the announcement of Mount and Blade 2 early access for March 2020. And there's a closed beta you can attempt to join as well. This video is more action packed than last year's: we bring some men to battle and watch it all play out on epic scale when we bite hte bullet. Well, arrow, technically.

If you have any questions about what you see in our Mount And Blades II: Bannerlord campaign gameplay, please pop them in the comments and I’ll try and find a suitable expert to help answer them. Maybe some time in the dungeon will persuade them. That’s my attempt at terrible Medieval-themed humour. I know you probably don’t want to like and subscribe after reading that, but we would appreciate it. Rock Paper Shotgun makes videos about any PC game it can get its hands on. If you enjoyed this, you will definitely enjoy the others. Now onwards to Bannerlord 2020.

Thanks for reading this and watching the video. Bye!

Perkel

Arcane
Guys M&B2 will have permadeath. When you die your son/daughter picks up leadership and you now play as him/her. You can give kids training and something to do to pick up skills when you go do something else.

CK2 x warband

:shredder::shredder::shredder:

- When you charge people they get flown back assuming they don't have anything behind them.
- When you siege you can pick up what to build, like rams catapults etc and where to put them.
- You also can pick and choose who is attacking where in siege.
- Creating rape party has been improved. Easy ui where you send invitation to various lords and they will soon show up and join your rape gang.
- ton of new animations for horses going down as well as people. You can see for example that when you shot horse dude who was sitting on it could normally go down like in warband or fall with high speed rolling around.

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
I hope they have some improvement on troops movement during combat.

Something that allows more than blob of people charging to blob of people.

The only thing close to strategy in Warband was taking light-medium cavalry group around to crash into enemies archer. Otherwise its just hold and charge.

deama

Prophet
It's bizarre how emotionally involved people are in Bannerlord. Guys, it's just going to be Warband with better graphics and ai, it's not gonna be revolutionary or anything. The way people talk about Taleworlds delaying Bannerlord you would think Taleworlds was their fiance and ditched them on their wedding day.
:x

Modron

Arcane
They should just give the Alpha code to the Pendor guys so they can start working on it already.
I may be recalling incorrectly but didn't they hire some of the PoP people to work/consult for them years ago?
Pendor is trash. Why do people even touch that grindfest?
Yeah I wasn't overly impressed with Pendor, sure the modelling of races and all that new associated gear was impressive. The few stand out features to me were all the construction options they added to towns, castles, and forts, and some quality of life improvements related to kingdom management that I can no longer recall the specifics of.

Hellion

Arcane
Lore-wise, PoP could easily have been a fully separate game of its own. The whole deal with the former Kingdom of Pendor and the player character opting to revive it or not, the different warring Knight Orders, Snake Cultists, Heretics, Elves that have been hunted to the brink of extiction and are now patrolling the eastern forests around a "secret fortress", invading armies from distinct kingdoms across the sea etc etc, it all has more depth than the base game could possibly hope for.

Gameplay-wise, since Warband was released in 2010 some hardcoded shortcomings are to be expected, but other than that PoP takes what the base game has to offer and stretches it to its maximum possible potential.

Bohrain

Liturgist
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Never played PoP, but always heard it's really grindy and castles only have a single entrance so sieges are extra awful.

Andronovo

Learned
Lore-wise, PoP could easily have been a fully separate game of its own. The whole deal with the former Kingdom of Pendor and the player character opting to revive it or not, the different warring Knight Orders, Snake Cultists, Heretics, Elves that have been hunted to the brink of extiction and are now patrolling the eastern forests around a "secret fortress", invading armies from distinct kingdoms across the sea etc etc, it all has more depth than the base game could possibly hope for.

Gameplay-wise, since Warband was released in 2010 some hardcoded shortcomings are to be expected, but other than that PoP takes what the base game has to offer and stretches it to its maximum possible potential.

Oh fuck off Karras, it's extremely generic cookie cutter fantasy and you know it. The POP devs tried to compensate for their utter lack of creativity by using the same worn out Tolkien ripoff fantasy tropes that everyone else and their mother uses, and it works because neckbeards are suckers for that shit. And to make the useless losers that play POP have a sense of accomplishment without having any real skill, they added in an immense grind with insanely overpowered rewards several hundred hours down the line.

Hellion

Arcane
A misguided soul. A wretched creature.

giphy.gif

By this point, Warband fans are perfectly content with experiencing more of the same with slightly different packaging and mechanics (and that is precisely why the prospect of Bannerlord being "just Warband with better graphics and new factions" is perfectly adequate as far as they are concerned). In that regard, PoP is probably the best Warband mod out there. And, calling it "generic cookie cuttery fantasy" is as oversimplistic as saying "well it has elves, so it's a LOTR rip-off".

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
I expect the most popular mod for Bannerlord will be one that disables player permadeath.

Andronovo

Learned
A misguided soul. A wretched creature.

Pssh, manfools gonna be manfools.

You know, some of the most fun I have had in Warband has been is some of the simplest of mods. Gekokujo just slaps in a bunch of new items, music, and scenes, but I've had a blast with it. It's probably the lack of shields that does it though. Or maybe it's the fact that, although being barebones, it's HISTORICAL, and thus totally lacks and immersion breaking fantasy bullshit. Don't get me wrong, I like fantasy, but the more something diverges from reality and gets ridiculous, the more cool factor it has to have to keep my interest. Pendor doesn't come anywhere close to differentiating itself from every other medieval trope hodgepodge fantasy to hold my interest more than five minutes.

Butter

Arcane
Patron
I really hope I can disable those arrows showing what direction you're swinging.

deama

Prophet
I expect the most popular mod for Bannerlord will be one that disables player permadeath.
That is a toggleable feature, they mentioned in the video you can switch it off.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom