Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dragon Ball Z Kakarot, holy shit finaly DBZ RPG after years of waiting

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
o fck yea, they have non scripted beam struggles, there is a shadow of the beam before enemy launches the beam so you can launch your own

6:00

Silentstorm

Learned
Can I destroy Cell with Yamcha? Can I play as Freeza and win on Namek?

Or will I be replaying the same stories that have been in every DBZ game for 30 years?
Seems to just be a RPG version of the same story, albeit with some unique characters and some side stories, including one whole new adventure for Android 16 and Gohan, we haven't been told what it is, but it will involve fighting and deepening their relationship to make it even more obvious why Gohan goes SSJ2 when 16 dies.

And there may be others, Android 8 will come back after all, there will be formwr members of the Ginyu Force...and we do have confirmation on the whole 16 and Gohan team-up sidestory, so while the story is largely the same, there will be some unique stuff and differences.

Silentstorm

Learned
And it was supposed to, mechanics more dedicated to newcomers to the genre aside, it was made by a professional developer specializing in fighting games who thought a lot about how to make the game look good, at one point they were really considering just completely animating it like episodes made in the 90's but decided that for the rare people who didn't grow up watching DBZ, it would just look weird.

So they decided to make a mix of 2D and 3D that evokes as much Dragon Ball as they could, with lots of small details in every aspects including just for fans but that would look really nice just by looking at it, DBFZ was not a game where the graphics were just lazily made, even if not the most resource-intensive game, they put a lot of thought into how the game would look,

SerratedBiz

Arcane
I would love to play Taochad.

Fixed.

BTKTgvR.gif

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
I just remembered there was a Dragon Ball Z module for ToME 3 (an angband variant) that was actually pretty cool, but it was never finished and is basically lost now since I don't think that version of ToME is even still kicking. It was really weird, you could go around to different types of dojos and learn their martial arts, which would influence you stats. Like you could train in sumo and karate to be really tough, or train in kung fu and fencing to be good with melee weapons, and throw in some ju-jitsu for extra speed. Some of the trainers were hard to reach and would teach you Ki skills, and there was an afterlife when you died. It also had super random shit like a sewer dungeon with the ninja turtles, and a battle arena. The dragon balls were scattered around various sidequests and it was just really open world and fun to screw around in. Shame it never got finished. Also it had a weird mechanic that made holding onto your skillpoints instead of spending them for as long as possible more effective, I can't recall why exactly though.

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Well by the look of it they're reusing a lot of material from the Xenoverse games, so they should have reduced workload in regards to a lot of legwork. That ain't a bad thing at all, reusing assets is potentially beneficial (Yakuza being probably the case example of this being a positive to overall quality by allowing focus in more important areas of game design).

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
Well by the look of it they're reusing a lot of material from the Xenoverse games, so they should have reduced workload in regards to a lot of legwork. That ain't a bad thing at all, reusing assets is potentially beneficial (Yakuza being probably the case example of this being a positive to overall quality by allowing focus in more important areas of game design).

wat, it is being made by a different company, so i don't think they have the assets

deuxhero

Arcane
Rekieta is going to be releasing a bunch of leaked very swear heavy "outtakes" from Funimation's DBZ cast. I can't wait for the mods.

o fck yea, they have non scripted beam struggles, there is a shadow of the beam before enemy launches the beam so you can launch your own

6:00

I really hate how no DBZ game has had a system for beam struggles beyond button mashing. Even just entering a set of button prompts as quick as possible without error is better.

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
I really hate how no DBZ game has had a system for beam struggles beyond button mashing. Even just entering a set of button prompts as quick as possible without error is better.
Could be worse. Could require rotating the dpad/analog stick. But yeah button mashing is about as lazy as a mechanic can get. Should be timing based or something creative.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Could be worse. Could require rotating the dpad/analog stick. But yeah button mashing is about as lazy as a mechanic can get. Should be timing based or something creative.

Yep, both sides should solve math problems during a beam struggle. :M

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
Capcom vs Marvel will stop them all.

And Mickey will lead the charge. (Yeah yeah. I was watching "what happun?" Again.

The animation style has a certain look that's familiar.... and odd.

Silentstorm

Learned
Just wondering how a possible sequel would be like, maybe adding movie villains?

Going for Super next would be a choice but it's not over yet(the anime is taking a while to come back, but there are future arcs and villains whose plot has already been decided), i would say GT, but that series is not canon and Toriyama didn't do much besides some character designs and even then, it seems he didn't even design Super Saiyan 4 at all(though he apparently did his own version later on that has never appeared in any media) so i don't think GT would be used for a game, not that GT has appeared in much besides side stories in games recently.

Just saying because if the game becomes popular, which it seems like it will be, it will likely get a sequel, but they can't do what the Legacy Of Goku games did and make a trilogy based on three different arcs since Kakarot is telling the whole story of Z so they can't exactly go down that route again.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom