Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Cyberpunk 2077 Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
This deputy editor desperately needs editing of her texts :(

Little surprising:
Small person powered by tea and and enthusiasm for video game romances.

NullFlow

Savant
Curious why they're keeping the footage so trimmed down compared to the 48 minute demo last year. I've been reading around and CDPR is saying the new demo would spoil things, but there's been a deluge of written articles that also summarized and spoiled the demo so I find that logic weird. Might it be the more lukewarm response to the 2019 demo that is leading them to control things more? For a demo that is supposed to showcase the variety of paths you can choose to play with, 15 minutes feels insufficient to showcase those choices.

Zer0wing

Cipher
Yeah, seems strange. The E3 2019 demo was also around an hour long, featuring one quest that was completed twice with different playstyle. What are they going to show in 2019? One that sidequest in "fast" montage? Isn't it supposed to be a more finished product than the 2018 build?

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Why are trailers usually 2-3 minutes long and not 10 minutes long? Maybe they just found that people prefer to watch something shorter.

Zer0wing

Cipher
The same people that eagerly wait for more and more info? The same people that watched 2018 gameplay ten times and made that video millions of views? The same people that are expected to finish a 200+ hour game? And BTW, some games DO feature 10+ minute trailers.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://www.usgamer.net/articles/cyberpunk-2077-producer-details-law-enforcement

Cyberpunk 2077 Producer Details Law Enforcement and the Rich Areas of Night City
There are no cops in the poorer districts. That all changes when you get to the affluent areas of Night City.

In Cyberpunk 2077's two showcases to date, at E3/Gamescom in 2018 and 2019, both law enforcement and affluent areas in Night City have been non-existent. Both gameplay demos have taken place in some of the less fortunate districts of Night City, where poverty and gang warfare runs rife.

Speaking to USG at Gamescom, Cyberpunk 2077 producer Richard Borzymowski explained how the affluent areas differ from what we've seen so far. "There are very rich people in Night City. When it comes to pinpointing them in the city, out of the six districts there's obviously the City Center, which is super rich," Borzymowski said. "Think high glass skyscrapers and black metal, nobody looks at you actually. In Japantown there are certainly a lot of rich people."

"In Pacifica (one of the poorer areas) you could probably shoot someone, and if nobody would see then nobody would care. If you would do that in the City Center you would probably get some law enforcement. Because those areas are way more patrolled. The crowds will act and dress differently. You might hear more languages, for example Japanese might be a prominent language, because the Japanese are considered upper class in the universe."

I then asked Borzymowski what your options are when confronted by the law after committing a crime. "Your options are to run away, fight them and then run away, or fight them, fight them, fight them, and then die," he said. A short list of options at your disposal, then.

To date, CD Projekt RED has shown only the gameplay demo below to the outside world. It's a huge 48-minute slice of gameplay that shows protagonist V and pal Jackie tackling a gang hideout, which Borzymowski revealed takes place near the start of the game.

Speaking of the start of the game, there'll be three prologue sections of Cyberpunk 2077to start from, each of which takes place in a different area of the game. While you can also create transgender characters in Cyberpunk 2077, you unfortunately can't romance Johnny Silverhand, the character played by Keanu Reeves.

Cyberpunk 2077 will release for PC, PS4, and Xbox One on April 16, 2020. For a complete roundup of everything we know about the game so far, you can head over to our Cyberpunk 2077 guide.

Mazisky

Magister
Since you can create a transgender character, how they will deal with localizations? Expecially when NPCs will talk to you, most european languages use gender based words

Last edited:

ChildInTime

Learned
Since you can create a transgender character, how they will deal with localizations? Expecially when NPCs will talk to you, most european languages use gender based words
They won't deal with it. You just choose a voice - male or female and voila, NPCs refer to your character as man or woman. This thing was done just to shut up trannies with no effort put in it, of course it would be better if it wasn't there at all, but what can you do.

thesecret1

Arcane
Writer creativity. Instead of "Would you hand me that pistol?", where you would necessiate genderisms in many languages, we will hear "Would someone hand me that pistol?" When congratulating the MC, it'll be "We thank the hero standing before us!" and when enemies get angry at MC, instead of "You bastard!" it'll be "My eyes weep that they have to see such a bastard before me!"

Mazisky

Magister
How the world is changed lol. Last night i was seeing Lethal Weapon, one of my favourite action movies of my childhood: i noticed with no surprise that the protagonists call the villains "Faggots" every 2 seconds, and nobody complained at the time. Good times.

Mazisky

Magister
Fun fact some people spend 7+1/2 in the queue for Cyberpunk according to a CDP Red CM.

I see often entire families spend 2 H in restaurant queues within shopping malls. Or people waiting an entire night in front of the shop when a new product get released. They are not better.

Some people just lack the boredom activator in the brain

Sam Ecorners

Arcane
Patron
Tons of screenshots
Cyberpunk2077-Closed_for_the_day-en.jpg

Cyberpunk2077-Dead_end-en.jpg

Cyberpunk2077-Lets_go_to_the_mall-en.jpg

Cyberpunk2077-Punch_it-en.jpg

Cyberpunk2077-Really_wish_I_brought_my_shades-en.jpg

Cyberpunk2077-Sweet_ride-en.jpg

Cyberpunk2077-Should_have_taken_the_elevator_RGB-en.jpg

Cyberpunk2077-Missed_me_missed_me_RGB-en.jpg

Cyberpunk2077-Float_like_a_butterfly_RGB-en.jpg

Cyberpunk2077-You_have_1_new_message_RGB-en.jpg

Cyberpunk2077-Those_are_some_mighty_big_guns_RGB-en.jpg

Cyberpunk2077-Theres_someone_behind_you_RGB-en.jpg

Cyberpunk2077-Nice_to_meet_you_too_RGB-en.jpg

Cyberpunk2077-Just_another_quiet_afternoon_in_Pacifica_RGB-en.jpg

Cyberpunk2077-Admiring_the_view_RGB-en.jpg

Cyberpunk2077_Your_move_RGB-en.jpg

Darkzone

Arcane
Better question would be how they going to localise this for muslim countries?
And if they do it, then i want to have the muslim version with the mandatory setting "Turn american and european jewish degeneracy off." checkbox.

Zer0wing

Cipher
The lighting makes everything look whitewashed, beige shaded. So, global illumination and sun lighting is something that was lifted from Witcher 3 as is, it also has weird tones that makes scenes look like it was lit by one color (beige too in daylight). If only there was an alternative solution to render direct and indirect lighting, some sort of raytracing shader that would make things eye pleasing, even more awesome to have raytraced flashlights... Continue to dream on, I guess. Image-based lighting is also seems absent, even though it was a thing in CoD: Advanced Warfare as main selling point for next-gen consoles. Too much hassle for open world titles, not even Ubisoft and Rockstar are able to pull this off, it seems...
Materials are all off too, plastic looking. Why do modern devs keep everything plastic? So, Bethesda only made use of PBR renderer for metallic materials and CDPR just made everything plastic. Characters are made of rubber. Now that's a clear decline from Witcher 3 which has awesome clothing rendering and even more awesome looking characters, even though they lack subsurface scattering effect.

Danikas

Arcane
15 min :(

Hey everyone!

We’re in Cologne, Germany, and gamescom is in full swing — we’ve already met with so many wonderful community members! For those of you at home — wherever home is — well, we’re not forgetting about you either.

Next week we’re going to host a stream during which we’ll unveil a 15-minute edit of what we’ve been showing to journalists and gamers here at gamescom, and then interview devs from the studio for additional information on what you just saw. Expect a lot of insight into the thought process behind creative decisions, information about Pacifica—one of the districts of Night City—and TONS of stuff on playstyles you’ll be able to adopt when you launch Cyberpunk 2077 next year.

This stream will be available for everyone to watch, so all of you, wherever you are, have a chance to feel a bit of gamescom — or any other trade show — at home. Hosting the entire thing will be our very own Hollie Bennett, our UK head of comms, and the dev line up will include some familiar faces you know and like.

There’s one additional announcement we have for you: we initially planned to showcase gameplay at PAX West, but there’s been a change of plans, and we’ll be streaming from Warsaw. The PAX cosplay contest is still on; we just won’t have the dev panel on-site this time around. There are many logistical (and some creative) reasons behind this decision, but the most important thing we want to say is that we’re sorry for the change of plans. We know that many of you waited to meet us face to face in Seattle and it bums us out that we won’t be able to see each other there.

Watch the stream August 30th, 8PM CEST (11AM PT) on the official CD PROJEKT RED Twitch and Mixer channels.
:outrage::outrage:

Last edited:

typical user

Arbiter
The lightning, area and inhabitants makes me think of some kind of Brazilian favela.

That's part of the charm. You did not have those kind of areas in GTA, even total sticks feel more civilized than what is coming with Cyberpunk 2077. You have districts full of businessmen and police and on the outskirts you will have town within a town full of gangs, police raids, hit-squads and no real traffic. I like the mixture of punk, cybernetics and gangbanging. Pondsmith is really trying to nail retro-futurism by shuffling old with new.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom