Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Underrail: The Incline Awakens

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
A question about destroying the rock creature in the Foundry:

If your electronics skill is not high enough to fix Gloria, what else can you do to fix the machine? Is there someone in the Foundry who can be convinced to help?

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
What is it with all this "void" stuff lately anyway? Seems every game now is telling you about null and void spaces, energies and creatures.

All "this creature of the Void can channel a Null Beam to your location, a wave of pure negative energy" and shit.

They are metaphors for the suffering inflicted by C++ paradigms upon the mind of naive programmers. You really don't want to understand them cause there is no coming back from that abyss.

Question about expansion's ending

You don't need to destroy the Monolith in order to finish the Expedition or save Todd. Just run for the exit.

So uh, I'm an idiot and chose the wrong feat for my psi monk build.

Character editor where? :negative:

Never. The current Cheat Engine doesn't allow editing for the character feats (because of the changes into the skills/feats table).

The only solution is to load an older save.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
So uh, I'm an idiot and chose the wrong feat for my psi monk build.

Character editor where? :negative:

Never. The current Cheat Engine doesn't allow editing for the character feats (because of the changes into the skills/feats table).

The only solution is to load an older save.

Surely the character data is stored somewhere in the saved game .dat files? Should be able to unpack said file(s) and edit your character stats and feats with a hex editor. Cheat Engine relies on active memory scanning in order to identify values in real-time, I believe.

Then again, if there's no plaintext to go by in the unpacked file or if the data is otherwise obfuscated or encrypted, a memory scanner is pretty much your only option to identify what must be changed.

I don't think it's the case that Cheat Engine doesn't allow editing feats. I suspect it's more so that people who are knowledgeable about such things haven't put in the time and effort to identify the relevant values and create an updated table for non-technologically-inclined cavemen to use.

Rinslin Merwind

Erudite
h12, G11 - olivine oddity in pile, I11, K12 - diopside in pile (writing this for anyone interested and for people working on wiki, I spent huge chunk of time looking for third piece )

Last edited:

Candide

Educated
I'm currently trying to decide whether to waste 60 skill points on persuasion in order to have a peaceful Rathound King resolution (I've always just killed him in my previous games). Is it true that you can meet him in DC afterwards? And does it amount to anything more than "Hi again!"?

ItsChon

Resident Zoomer
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I'm currently trying to decide whether to waste 60 skill points on persuasion in order to have a peaceful Rathound King resolution (I've always just killed him in my previous games). Is it true that you can meet him in DC afterwards? And does it amount to anything more than "Hi again!"?
You only meet him if he flees the hideout.

Tigranes

Arcane
I've dabbled in persuasion with my Scientist just for RP after a string of no-Pers characters, and... honestly, I'd say it's a waste of points from any kind of minmaxing standpoint. It's worth having of course if you want to roleplay and see that content, but there's not a huge amount there.

For the King, (1) a very rare source of ancient rathound leather, the earliest; (2) rathound regalia; (3) fuck going back and forth from his house even with the shortcut = always kill for me.

MediantSamuel

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
I've dabbled in persuasion with my Scientist just for RP after a string of no-Pers characters, and... honestly, I'd say it's a waste of points from any kind of minmaxing standpoint. It's worth having of course if you want to roleplay and see that content, but there's not a huge amount there.

For the King, (1) a very rare source of ancient rathound leather, the earliest; (2) rathound regalia; (3) fuck going back and forth from his house even with the shortcut = always kill for me.

I think the only "real" persuasion benefit I saw was getting the ferryman to open up to me, although maybe he does later on regardless?

Rinslin Merwind

Erudite
Red Rune Rock - oddity g13 Native's temple, in one of pots near center - north wall. Easy to miss or mistake for fish (at least it was for me, when I first time was breaking in temple and somehow missed it)

Jezal_k23

Persuasion and intimidation might both be a waste, but what about mercantile nowadays? Is it worth it? Especially for crafters?

Tigranes

Arcane
Persuasion and intimidation might both be a waste, but what about mercantile nowadays? Is it worth it? Especially for crafters?

Everyone thinks/thought so after the change of opening up new store inventories. After multiple playthroughs I'd say it's good but not mandatory. Yes, it increases the chance of something nice falling your way, but in practice I rarely seemed to find a really nice component that way. It's good to have if you can spare the points.

ciox

Liturgist
ATM I'm just getting mobbed by nearly invincible void beasts. I killed one but then they just kept coming. They also got so mad when I forcefielded myself against a corner that they crashed the game.

ItsChon

Resident Zoomer
Patron
ATM I'm just getting mobbed by nearly invincible void beasts. I killed one but then they just kept coming. They also got so mad when I forcefielded myself against a corner that they crashed the game.
Use the Juice to see them. Makes it way easier to hit them with the Torch for some reason.

ciox

Liturgist
Use the Juice to see them. Makes it way easier to hit them with the Torch for some reason.
Ain't even got no torch, basically you just need to figure out which gate control lets you out of there then scram.

I got the big ol' magic box thingy and from searching around it seems all you can do with this thing is pawn it off for cash, wish there was more to it.

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
So a couple years late, but I reached the Deep Caverns and not sure that I wanna continue. I really liked Core City and many of the other locations, but once you reach the level cap it becomes boring and tedious.

Also, apparently I'm fucked anyway since I killed so many Faceless that they will attack me on sight. I let the ones at the Foundry go, but the ones at the University attacked me right away.

ItsChon

Resident Zoomer
Patron
So a couple years late, but I reached the Deep Caverns and not sure that I wanna continue. I really liked Core City and many of the other locations, but once you reach the level cap it becomes boring and tedious.

Also, apparently I'm fucked anyway since I killed so many Faceless that they will attack me on sight. I let the ones at the Foundry go, but the ones at the University attacked me right away.
No way you've reached the level cap yet, but I do agree that after you've done DC it does get a little tedious. If you haven't gone through it before I'd recomend finishing it at least once, as the satisfaction of killing Tchort is really worth it, but regardless, up to you.

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
No way you've reached the level cap yet

Why not? I haven't even finished the Protectorate/Free Drones quests and a couple minor ones. I went with the normal EXP for killing system, seems like it might be faster than the Oddity system.

EDIT: Oh and killing Death Stalkers gives a lot of XP each time. That alone probably got me a couple of levels.

Tigranes

Arcane
Level cap is 30 with the expansion. I can't imagine you have, though I don't know how it works with Classic. In the future, play Oddity - a lot more fun.

I've played Underrail with over 20 characters and I have never bothered with DC. Some people enjoy it, but at that point your character is rinsing & repeating anyway. Just reroll new builds and enjoy.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom