Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Paranoia: Happiness is Mandatory confirmed for release on October 3rd

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: Bigben Interactive; Black Shamrock; Paranoia: Happiness is Mandatory

Previews of Paranoia: Happiness is Mandatory published earlier this month claimed that the game was due out on October 3rd. As expected, that date has now been officially confirmed by publisher Bigben Interactive. The announcement comes in the form of a dev diary video featuring various members of the development team from Black Shamrock, which seems to be the game's primary studio.

Lesquin, France, August 22, 2019 - As part of a special mission ordered by Friend Computer, our reporter was sent to Ireland to investigate Black Shamrock, the studio developing Paranoia: Happiness is Mandatory, amidst rumours that one of the team could be guilty of treason…

As a Red clearance Troubleshooter, you have been granted access to the full video report. Many aspects of the game development were scrutinised: the passion for the Paranoia tone, the challenges of adapting a tabletop role-playing game into a video game, the combat system, the unique gameplay and, of course, the utmost happiness felt by everyone in the team!

But Citizen, Friend Computer noticed that one team member hesitated when asked. Don't forget, happiness is mandatory. Not being happy is tantamount to treason and traitors will be asked to report to the nearest extermination centre immediately.

Control a team of four Troubleshooters of dubious loyalty, who (mostly) obey orders from Friend Computer, a paranoid and irrational artificial intelligence. Inspired by classic CRPGs, the game is the first official adaptation of the cult role-playing game.

After checking with Friend Computer, we can confirm the game will release on 3 October 2019 on PC and later on consoles.

Bigben haven't officially announced the game's price yet, but apparently the console version is available for preorder on various websites for $30.

Saduj

Arcane
I like this timing. Coming out a week after Stygian, which I’ll undoubtedly still be playing at the time. So I won’t be tempted to buy early before there is reliable feedback.

Nope

Liturgist
I'd be hype but unfortunately that went out the window when the latest Paranoia edition latched onto the worst fads of tabletop mechanics with cards, patronizing pages of wordspew on how you just can't be offensive in your friend circle in the current year (literally writing "Leave the attitude at the door. It's 2016. We're done with that.") and removal of setting tropes like the drugged-up sexless drones and the everpresent jokey red scare to make way for overtly fetishist stuff like "heterosexuality is treasonous" and boring-ass "terrorists".
Assuming they haven't announced that they're ignoring the latest edition for the kickstarter cash-in that it was I wouldn't expect anything good to come out of the license.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom