Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Outer Worlds Pre-Release Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

The first time i saw Piper at Diamond City bitching and moaning at the mayor i just walked away from her, never interacting with her throughout that playthrough. It was super satisfying just ignoring her outright while she tries so desperately to string you into her mess. I guarantee you at least one or two companions in this game (probably that Ellie butch) is going to try pulling off something like that. I might shoot her in the face if the opportunity is there in her case.

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
The first time i saw Piper at Diamond City bitching and moaning at the mayor i just walked away from her, never interacting with her throughout that playthrough.
This is what I'm talking about, people. GentlemanCthulhu gets it.

Imagine how boring those companion barks at the end of combat will get by the time you are... 5 hours in. :)
jokes on you, its gonna be over in 4 hours!
EIN7sNH.png
It's a matter of time x 1

Butter

Arcane
Patron
Was Fallout 4's combat really that bad? Sure, there was too much of it, and it was largely meaningless, but for an """""RPG""""" its shooting was some of the best.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
Was Fallout 4's combat really that bad? Sure, there was too much of it, and it was largely meaningless, but for an """""RPG""""" its shooting was some of the best.

It hurts to say this but Fallout 4's combat was the only good thing about that game. Bethesda did improve the fps mechanics to a decent level where F3 and FNV jankiness was gone.

And in traditional Bethesda manner they retooled the Creation engine for F76 and the jankiness was re-introduced :) Probably because their network code is shit.

I know the orthodox way is to hate Bethesda but I cannot do it when it's so obvious that the combat was actually decent in Fallout 4.

Anyway, who really knows, Tim Cain is a fan of Borderlands and he spoke a lot about weapons having weight and shit therefore it's possible that Outer Worlds's combat will feel better than it looks.

jf8350143

Liturgist
I think we need a "Obsidian Bash thread", like the CA appreciation thread. So people can being edgy about Obsidian making shit all day instead having to do it over several different threads.

At this rate people are going to complain Fallout:NV being a shitty FPS with no rpg elements in it.

Corvinus

Arcane
What springs to mind as I look upon the pictures of this game (and not to mention society of today in general) is an old quote.

The future is like the arse of a baboon. Colourful and full of shit.

How apt.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
At least something was good in Fallout 4, Outer Worlds on the other hand

Oh i guess people here love to hate this so much that now Fallout 4 is actually good in comparison..

The only thing people said was that Fallout 4 combat looks and probably is better than Outer Worlds combat. That's it.

Fallout 4 is a piece of shit game but not because of combat.

Nobody said that Fallout 4 is good in comparison because these games are more than combat.

But if you want to screech like an autist then be my guest.

Quillon

Arcane
At least something was good in Fallout 4, Outer Worlds on the other hand

Oh i guess people here love to hate this so much that now Fallout 4 is actually good in comparison..

The only thing people said was that Fallout 4 combat looks and probably is better than Outer Worlds combat. That's it.

Terenity's shitpost says "nothing is good in TOW".

Journos who played it says its better than FO4's combat. All I can say is it doesn't look clunky af like FO3-NV-ELEX etc at this point, before playing it.

But whatever, hating all things Obsidian gives you codex street-cred so :/

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom