Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

GreedFall - Gold Edition - new colonial-themed action-RPG from Spiders

Bruticis

Novice
Patron
Has there been anything showing map sizes (and being stupidly linear) or any hints on the different types of enemy mobs? Everything I've seen makes this look very interesting and D1P but fucking Spiders games have all suffered from some of the same annoying faults.

Another RPG with shitty companions. Hopefully the option to kill them is provided. I'm the kind of player who has a 30m radius deathfield around him.

Also does anybody else just hate this sunset tint they've constantly going on? What is this, 2010 FNV?

Yosharian

Arcane
Companion trailer

The lads look really interesting and the gals look one-dimensional and boring.

"I'm angry and independent and you better agree with me or else, rawr!" <= every female companion

Gee how unique and refreshing, I've never seen this type of female character before... That's without commenting on their looks/aesthetics, which, though not quite on the same level as DA:I, are definitely 'progressive'. Tumblr

Still, the fact that they can get upset and leave (or even be killed? One can only hope) is pretty big incline, so maybe this won't be a total shitshow after all.

Also the idea of being a diplomat is quite interesting if that's the main focus.

Vatnik Wumao
No trans companions? 0/10 REE.

Seriously though, most of the problems with Spiders' previous games was lack of budget. I am interested in what they can manage here since more money is being thrown at them.

Yosharian

Arcane
HandsomeFaceBoy: "I'm charming and buff and debonaire and witty, ho ho!"

WizenedOldGeezer: "I've all kinds of useful information..."

AngryWhiteWoman: "RAWR I'M MAD BECAUSE COLONIZERS"

AngryBlackWoman: "RAWR I SHOOT PEOPLE IN FACE WITH GUN"

The Real Fanboy
"I'm angry and independent and you better agree with me or else, rawr!" <= every female companion
I'm glad I'm not the only person who realized this. The writers are absolutely on point with women, never seen them written so well.

giphy.gif

Last edited:
Seriously though, most of the problems with Spiders' previous games was lack of budget. I am interested in what they can manage here since more money is being thrown at them.

No, reinitializing enemies references constantly and sometimes with the dumbest conditions possible -such as simply activating a nearby door 10 seconds after the fight- has nothing to do with a lack of budget, it's a lack of neurones.

Money is also not responsible of the fact that the most basic controls of the polygon (such as tapping the forward key) are instantly clunky and janky as fuck. And their small wallet can not explain entirely the state of the combats in their 3 previous games, given how it is absolutely infect.

Codex Year of the Donut

No, reinitializing enemies references constantly and sometimes with the dumbest conditions possible -such as simply activating a nearby door 10 seconds after the fight- has nothing to do with a lack of budget, it's a lack of neurones.

Money is also not responsible of the fact that the most basic controls of the polygon (such as tapping the forward key) are instantly clunky and janky as fuck. And their small wallet can not explain entirely the state of the combats in their 3 previous games, given how it is absolutely infect.
Technomancer was a masterpiece

Yosharian

Arcane

I'm curious about this game, but it got absolutely wrecked when it first released... by everyone. Can you explain why you like the game?

Codex Year of the Donut

I'm curious about this game, but it got absolutely wrecked when it first released... by everyone. Can you explain why you like the game?
Because it's good. Go play it.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik

It's shit. This guy is delirious.

Yup. Pretty much everything that ever comes out of his mouth is sweeping statements and contrarian/niche opinions.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao

Yup. Pretty much everything that ever comes out of his mouth is sweeping statements and contrarian/niche opinions.
Go eat shit on retardera dipshit! This is a place for niche opinions and tastes,not a place for your popamole faggotry! Infinitron can we ban all the casual popamolist and go back to being 20 dudes that actually like RPGs......ahhh sadly we can't.

Yosharian the game is a pretty good budgeted game. The writing is solid and the setting is interesting,the combat is had but well done,you will just need to get gud. The worst parts of it is maybe the backtracking but for me it was not a big deal,especially on a replay. Spider as a whole has made really good games and i am yet to be disappointed. You could check out some of their other games,Mars war logs is also good game with the same mechanics and set in the same world.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom