Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Blizzard announced "Classic" World of Warcraft

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Yeah, real shame about the skellies. It actually takes away a big part of the vanilla experience by removing it, or lessen the amount of corpses.

Ninjerk

Arcane
It screams investor meddling to me. They're trying to head off the possibility of some shit-tier rag posting pictures of people spelling out NIGGER or something and demanding action, I'd bet.

Sentinel

Arcane
Btw, the devilsaur mafia only worked on private servers because of collusion between factions, which won't fly on official servers.

I'll believe that when i see it.

In other news, nu-Blizzard unable to help themselves from doing weird shit that makes no sense that's only going to piss off people for no reason:

People say it's because of China but there's already a Chinese client that removes all skeletons and i can definitely believe modern Blizzard is that retarded they'd remove skelly corpses just to prevent people from writing nigger or whatever the fuck.

Skelly corpses is the only way to spot gang spots go go tr00 vanilla experience rite there hey Blizzard?

They didn't remove skeletons.

Q: Will the Skeletons that appear when someone dies be the same as it was originally? Right now they disappear after you die again, they used to stay longer than that.

A: While we understand that this was a flavorful part of Original WoW and the earlier expansions, individual players leaving multiple player corpses and skeletons throughout the game world can lead to behavior such as spelling out advertisements, hate speech, and other negative messages. As such, this will not be a part of WoW Classic.

Last edited:

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
It's changing layers so you don't have to wait for respawns. They can easily stop this by not having layers in Un'Goro, if they have layers after the starting zones at all.
I didn't need an explanation of his words. I asked what the exploit was TO CHANGE FUCKING LAYERS.

If it's "unlog, log to another char, unlog again, log back to original char", then it's been fixed.

So what the fuck is the exploit? Huh?

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
The idea behind layers was to keep an excess of players from overflowing a single zone and lagging the server, right? I think layering should only even turn on if there are a certain number of players in the zone. So unless people are planning on intentionally manipulating the layering system to spawn extra devilsaur in UG by bringing a shitload of people there, I doubt it'll be an issue.

But hell, if it makes devilsaur leather cheaper than like 50g a pop I'm fine with it. I think you need 14 for both pieces.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
That is devilsur leather used for anyways? Can't remember.

Mandatory pre-raid + to hit gear for Rogues and other melees. I remember paying like 300 gold when i got it on my Druid on Elysium. In materials because i had a friend who made them for me.

Dawkinsfan69

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Bethestard
HEY THERE CODEX CLASSIC WOW FANS!!!

YOU KNOW WHAT'S BETTER THAN WALKING ON FOOT FOR 40 LEVELS AND SPAMMING ONE ABILITY FOR DAYS??

WALKING ON FOOT FOR 40 LEVELS AND SPAMMING ONE ABILITY FOR DAYS WITH YA BOI, **ASMONGOLD** (LIVE NOW!!)

CHECK OUT THE EPIC STREAM, SEE WOW AS IT'S MEANT TO BE PLAYED!

gAMERS!

Generic-Giant-Spider

Dawkinsfan69 is a poster I initially thought was a latent homosexual, but over time I grew to love as a brother. It's like we were both staring death in the face back in Vietnam. Those fuckin' zipperheads will never take me alive.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Sorry my dudes, but at 15 euros a month i'm going to have to pass this one. I'm here just for the drama when they'll inevitably fuck it up.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Anyone know what kind of Alterac Valley will be in classic? The long epic 3 day one, with npcs, quests etc, or the nerfed boring one?

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
The one with the reinforcements was introduced in TBC if I'm not mistaken, so I'm pretty sure it's going to be without them. Don't expect 3-day long battles, though, even more than 30ish minutes is a rarity.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Because most people rush the objectives and don't have the patience for anything more. This is a good thing, trust me.

Lacrymas

Arcane
How many 3-day battles can you take before you say to yourself "I just need the rep, damn it"?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom