Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Impending KoTC 1 Steam Release on August 23rd plus surprise KotC2 plans

Waterd

Augur
I would say scribe scrolls are more broken than wands because you can caraft higher level spells, with that said, both scribe scrolsl and forge weapons (and thus wands) pretty much break the game imo
Ive said in other places, There should be an achievement with No scribe scrolls, no Forge, Using each rest place one time, not buying more than 10 of a scroll to a merchant. I think the puzzle is way more interesting like that. I can explain how each of those things "break" the puzzle and make it a breeze, insetad of the exciting thing it is when you don't abuse that stuff.

Waterd

Augur
Once you have scribe scroll you can have your casters casting their higher level spells without restrictions. Which means all challenges are waaaay easier than they are supposed to be. And also make your knights feel like worthless compared to their companions.

Zeriel

Arcane
WHERES THE SHITTY LEGOBRICK 3RD EDITION MODULE SIMULATOR YOU FROG

kickstarter never ever

Endarire

Scholar
Does using the Share Spells function prevent us from getting the no Scribe Scroll achievements?

BlueSalamander

Heroic Fantasy Games
Developer
Waterd said:
I would say scribe scrolls are more broken than wands because you can caraft higher level spells, with that said, both scribe scrolsl and forge weapons (and thus wands) pretty much break the game imo
Ive said in other places, There should be an achievement with No scribe scrolls, no Forge, Using each rest place one time, not buying more than 10 of a scroll to a merchant. I think the puzzle is way more interesting like that. I can explain how each of those things "break" the puzzle and make it a breeze, insetad of the exciting thing it is when you don't abuse that stuff.
Yes, more challenge makes the game more interesting, and I assure you that you will find exactly that kind of challenge in KotC 2! Zeriel: good things come to those who wait.

Endarire said:
Does using the Share Spells function prevent us from getting the no Scribe Scroll achievements?
Yup, it does.

BlueSalamander

Heroic Fantasy Games
Developer
Thank you for the great suggestions, CyberWhale! Yes, I will use the sales, of course. Maybe on occasion add a special map to the game, as you said.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom