Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Blizzard announced "Classic" World of Warcraft

Ninjerk

Arcane
I waited last night for almost 5 hours only to play a grand total of 45 minutes. I was then booted and sent back to a 17,000+ queue.

It was worth it though. Even though the queue sucked, I passed the time drinking and talking to friends on discord. Once I got in, I just wandered Elwynn Forest and got excited over a 5 slot pouch drop.
NA/EU?

Maculo

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Pathfinder: Wrath
I waited last night for almost 5 hours only to play a grand total of 45 minutes. I was then booted and sent back to a 17,000+ queue.

It was worth it though. Even though the queue sucked, I passed the time drinking and talking to friends on discord. Once I got in, I just wandered Elwynn Forest and got excited over a 5 slot pouch drop.
NA/EU?
NA-Herod.

Ninjerk

Arcane
I'm going to try to snag an ethernet cable after work and use my phone as a hotspot to wait out the queue. Failing that, I might just permanently move to Noggenfogger. There's never a queue.

Ninjerk

Arcane
Or wait a week or so.
The population of these servers still seems like it's going to be pretty wild. The queue alone just now for Gehennas was like 15k+. Didn't Northdale and/or Nostalrius peak around those #s?

cw8

Cipher
Are you folks mostly vanilla players going back to play for nostalgia or never played vanilla before?

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
The population of these servers still seems like it's going to be pretty wild.
Yeah, but it's not going to be as wild and I'm not particularly sure how the queue system works. If the server is divided into zones, you might not be able to force yourself into the starting zones when all 5k+ people are in there, but you might be able to if those same 5k are all over the world. This is pure speculation, though.

Havoc

Cheerful Magician
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath
MsFOioU.jpg
I'm sitting on Pyrewood Village EU/EN, since I'm here only to have fun.
BTW. Potato graphics since I'm on my laptop with my family.

bloodlover

Arcane
Didn't they say something about free transfers for people from low pop servers in the future? Or that was just the rumour?

Ninjerk

Arcane
I see. But I fear Servers that low populated might be completely dead after the initial hype, so I'm not sure if I really should start leveling on noggenfogger :D
Yes, but I can be at least partially prepared either way (although I don't think I'll wait around for 7 hour queues, which was the last estimate I saw).
Didn't they say something about free transfers for people from low pop servers in the future? Or that was just the rumour?
I think they said they wanted specifically to avoid that, and that is why they wanted to go with layering in the first place.

GrainWetski

Arcane
Look at what languages/countries are on if you want to dodge huge amounts of non-English speakers or something like that. Beyond that, it obviously doesn't really matter what realm you're on. I'm going Gehennas regardless of queues because it's supposedly the Scandinavian realm so I might as well.

Edit: I say "regardless of queues", but if I can't play this weekend/next week I'll probably go to another realm. 5 10 hour queues are a bit too much when you work full-time.

I will play on Gehennas, god damn it!

BfgdRNJ.png

Last edited:

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
These queues have killed the hype for me. I don't feel any excitement anymore. I haven't clocked in a single hour and I wanted vanilla for years before it was even announced. Fuck this shit.

372c5ce842392ce7d97093a33af4756b.png

DDZ

Red blood, white skin, blue collar
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Queues have always been a thing in at launch, in 2004, with every expansion pack and now is no different.

Rolling on Flamelash EU, it's medium pop and it has a somewhat 'cool' name, and people love cool names so it might not die. I have seen complains from people over the past days that they didn't like the realm names. Actual complaining, what the fuck.

And Havoc, why a PVE server? I never understood rolling on a PVE server, even if you don't intend to PVP.

GrainWetski

Arcane
Was in the queue for 2 hours and still ~3 hours left for Gehennas. Left the queue since I don't have time to wait another 3 hours and now every single PvP realm has a queue. Blizzard seriously thought 2 PvP realms was enough for EU..

Because I don't like getting ganked or corpse whatever?
Unless you're dealing with multiple gankers or you're in an open field, you shouldn't ever be corpse camped.

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
I managed to finally get in last night at 1:30am and got to level 5, spent the rest of the time fucking around with addons. Unfortunately I'm not a broke-ass college student anymore like I was when the game originally launched so I had to get some sleep. The queue is already way better today, but:

HVcFTua.png

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I feel for you PvPers, holy shit, those queues...

Myself, I'm already level 12, no fighting over mobs and resources. Okay, there was one Orc that stole a peaceblom in front of me :argh:

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
264,000? That's ...a lot. Blizz really did underestimate the popularity on this, huh.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom