Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Underworld Ascendant is a disaster

Love

Cipher
Lets ignore the lies we got for this game for the moment though, lets look further down the line, these lying bastards said almost a year ago that SS3 was more than half way finished, they really said that and it can be proven ... why do we let these people lie to us all the time.

change1.jpg

Glic2000

Educated
I just tried it again, the brightness is definitely broken. It really kills the atmosphere and it's hard to look at. What a weird bug to introduce so late in development.

For SS3, I think they'll just find some D-tier publisher and toss it out as a linear first-person shooter, if it happens at all.

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
>Underworld Ascendant is a disaster
>let's rack up 100 pages discussing garbage
Underworld Ascendant is such a train-wreck that it provides a bit of passing interest in examining the disaster. Certainly more than was generated by my attempt to play the game, which ended with it failing to load the next area after the tutorial was completed. :M

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Joe Fielder, director of UA, is no longer working at Otherside: https://www.linkedin.com/in/joefielder/

Writer & Director

Company Name
OtherSide Entertainment
Dates Employed May 2015 – Aug 2019
Employment Duration 4 yrs 4 mos
Location Concord, MA

Worked on System Shock 3, Underworld Ascendant, and Underworld Overlord.

Looks like he will continue to contribute writing on SS3 as freelancer.

Freelance writing for System Shock 3, [unannounced Molasses Flood project], ZED, Star Wars: Battlefront 2, [unannounced Ghost Story/Irrational project], The Flame in the Flood, & Lost Within.

(This makes me imagine if Tim Stellmach took the role of director on the stealth game.)

MasterLobar

Angry OtherSide Refugee
I always enjoyed watching Joe Fielder's project update videos. Joe seems to be perhaps the nicest guy you are going to meet in the gaming industry.

Also important to note he joined after the kickstarter. He isn't responsible for the lying and fraud in the KS. He took part in the lying and deception that followed after the KS, but I understand everyone has to put food on the table, so no hard feelings for that.

I don't think he is responsible for the direction the game took. I think he took directions from the top guys.

Good luck, Joe. Hope you'll get the chance to make a game again some day without being subordinate to a bunch of sociopaths.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
>Underworld Ascendant is a disaster
>let's rack up 100 pages discussing garbage

The development and post support has provided more entertainment than the game ever could.

We got to watch the slow motion train wreck that was the development to initial release, and then we got to witness the developers digging a deeper hole with their lacklustre attempts to fix the product.

Efe

Erudite
Katana1000S post your screenshots first.
you're just whining for sake of whining. you neither pledged on KS nor bought it later on.

bloody whining culture millenials, there is one in every thread!

Katana1000S

Angrier OtherSide Refugee
Efe, you are wrong again. I did buy it, its still installed on one of my PC's, never finished it of course as its a big steaming pile of dog turd, but I did buy it and feel the fool for doing so.

Ask me what screenshots you would like to see, or any way short of giving out my personal details of proving ownership and I'll do that, then you can apologise to me once I've done that.

Asshole.

Efe

Erudite
Efe troll, once said he would play the game ... pretty sure he is that Sandro retard from the official site, except he never gets round to playing the stupid broken game, he keeps finding excuses to wait for that final fix that is never gonna happen.
i'm the asshole when you are the one spewing bullshit like this shit? show me yourself playing this before claiming im not.

Last edited:

Doctor Sbaitso

SO, TELL ME ABOUT YOUR PROBLEMS.
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands
By the way, when I mentioned it was odd that a community manager was generating high tier backer deliverables, some folks said good for them. Well OK, but my comment was that a community manager is essentially optics PR on some forums.... not a dev, or product manager. When I see comments like those above from a community manager it tells me:

1)_ For a community 'manager', that is some awful management of optics and speaking out of turn.
2_ The deliverables will be a good effort I am sure but they cannot possibly be what backers were hoping to get -IE shit.

MasterLobar

Angry OtherSide Refugee
Is she talking about funding? They got $2-3 million from 505?

So if we assume - after refunds and discounts - UA sold 20,000 copies at full price (which is a *very* generous estimate) and all went to 505, they made $600,000.

So they lost $1.4-2.4 million.

Katana1000S

Angrier OtherSide Refugee
To my arch enemy Efe who simply must be one of the twits from official forum, you complete and utter mong, you suggested i did not own the game and had no right to have a say how badly its went ... well here i am to challenge you again asshole.

Here is my proof I bought this crap POS game and from the beginning too, now lets see you prove you have played even 5 minutes of it and within your truth of hearts say hand on heart its a good game, come back when you are ready SANDRO Clone.

yKKZMn4.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom