Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Really Obscure RPGs

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
howlingFantods gimme a name of this one plz, images are loading like garbo here lately.
bloodsed1.png

bloodsed2.png

bloodsed3.png

bloodsed4.png

This is a sci-fi dungeon crawler where you hunt and kill crew members of some spaceship as a malevolent alien.
I hear it's garbage but goddam if that isn't a novel premise for an RPG.

https://www.mobygames.com/game/pc98/blood-seed

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Septerra Core is very underrated, not entirely sure why.

I am guessing the main reason is the enforced main character as a female. I love Maya but a bluehair strong amazon BUT not showing skin female, aka feminist character, might not to most people's taste.

No really. I love Maya. the tits and asses roles we have the blonde sexbomb of a mechanic Led to rely on.

The setting is really good. Several continents floating above a central core planets, with theme range from super science to junk yard to jungle to desert, etc... The combat is reasonable in FF style (phase based) and somewhat tactical. Items are varied and meaningful in combat.

The quest chain is not good though. Too much backtrack and unescapable encounters. And the map loading can be very atrocious for pre2005 computer. We are talking about loading a map at once with all the creatures pathing and heavy texture. The superscience baazar map can make the game entirely unloadable in low spec computer.
You answered your own post in the last paragraph. I liked it despite its many flaws. Slow loading, too big dungeons, slow battle system, and in general slow pace, which I usually don't mind. It's okay for one playthrough if you can tolerate all of these things.

zwanzig_zwoelf

Graverobber Foundation
Developer
howlingFantods gimme a name of this one plz, images are loading like garbo here lately.
bloodsed1.png

bloodsed2.png

bloodsed3.png

bloodsed4.png

This is a sci-fi dungeon crawler where you hunt and kill crew members of some spaceship as a malevolent alien.
I hear it's garbage but goddam if that isn't a novel premise for an RPG.

https://www.mobygames.com/game/pc98/blood-seed
Thanks bruddah.

This kinda reminds me of Starfire (developed by Starcraft & designed by Winston Douglas Wood). It has good graphics and music is absolute tits, but the game itself is a mind-numbing RT dungeon crawler. :negative:

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
Blood Seed was unplayable garbage. I dropped it after less than five minutes. There are games with much better gameplay where you can violate waifus

zwanzig_zwoelf

Graverobber Foundation
Developer
Blood Seed was unplayable garbage. I dropped it after less than five minutes. There are games with much better gameplay where you can violate waifus
Can't disagree -- I played it a bit yesterday and quit after a while because there wasn't much interesting stuff gameplay-wise. At least the graphics and music don't suck.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer

So it's actually a bit of a pain in the ass to figure out how to register this fucking game. I did about 30 minutes of digging on google and came up with this post, which details (almost) everything you need to know

https://www.reddit.com/r/rpg_gamers/comments/3u8b6v/any_realmz_fans_out_there/d35uui7/

In order to reset the serial number, you need to type 410 into the registration code area itself, then enter the new serial number when prompted, then enter the registration code. There's no button to reset the serial number.

I also found some information on the game mechanics

https://fantasoft.powweb.com/HTML/Realmz_Files/Realmz_HTML/Realmz Manual/Manual Files/chapter_6.htm

Note that there are only two genders, and that men and women have different stats, so the codex shouldn't devolve into shrieking and shit-flinging about the gay agenda. However, there may be some Jews in the game (gnome cabalists), so just be aware that the game might be trying to mind-cuck you into wanting a pair of yoga pants and a topknot and other instruments of the (((globalist))) agenda. You have been warned.

You can get the game here: https://www.myabandonware.com/game/realmz-bce

I'm still looking for a way to fix the resolution so that you don't need binoculars to play. If anyone has a lead on that that'd be great.

I haven't read every page so I'm pretty sure ya'll found this at the MacRepository

howlingFantods

Learned
Totally Smashed (1995) for DOS

totally-smashed_1.png

Main Menu. Notice that "tak[ing] a dump" and "attack[ing] God" are already options.

totally-smashed_4.png

Shitting your pants is not just a one time context-sensitive option believe it or not

totally-smashed_5.png

Fighting a Puerto Rican Terrorist

totally-smashed_6.png

I wonder if shitting your pants prior to flirting with The Women has any effect upon the outcome
:philosoraptor:

totally-smashed_7.png

Apparently flirting with The Women involves telling them Fairy Tales, but not even the kind that you make up about yourself.
Also do you think Screw[ing] the girls actually means...
:shredder:

Max Edge

Looks like that creepy Date Rape game that got banned from steam. The usual suspect of gmod animations with naked bananas... I wonder how *his* cellar looks like (not surprised he's german)

I found him as unusual artist. Mind different than every other. True Art Brut

GarlandExCon

Arcane
I only played Ray's Maze briefly, but World Builder games were the shit back when all I had to play on was a B/W Mac SE.

Apparently they are on OS X now and Twisted, his last game, had a color version eventually. I told him (Ray, I talk to him... apparently I was one of only about 50 people back in the day to actually send him the shareware fee to every game he came out with) last year he needed to make them into apps for both the Apple App Store and Google Play Store. I suggested he do a Kickstarter. I told him I'd chip in $200 if he did, but still no movement.

Naraya

Arcane
This is probably not the best place to post this so go ahead and move this post whenever it suits better.

Pretty entertaining to watch. Got to hand it to the frogeaters, they have an imagination!

Eirinjas

Arcane
Patron
RPG Wokedex
This is probably not the best place to post this so go ahead and move this post whenever it suits better.

Pretty entertaining to watch. Got to hand it to the frogeaters, they have an imagination!

It had it's rough edges and shit stains, but Omikron is such a good game. I love it. One of the few games I've played that really feels transportive - like you are really on another planet. Played it on the Dreamcast, so the amazing soundtrack of Reeves Gabrels & David Bowie is mixed in my head with the sound of the GD drive seeking (whir whur... whir whur... whiiirr... whur).

Byerme

Novice
10. The Banished - from what little I could find, it was also a Polish game, seemed to have really big game world ready for exploration. But I cannot find even a single review on the net.
Show Spoiler
5f3b6b71-54b8-4e7d-b0d3-28a92c1c497d.jpg
This game is more than obscure. About 5 years after its release I started working at the company that made it. When I saw that they have a BG-like RPG in their portfolio I kept asking people about it since I couldn't find anything about it on the net beyond a couple of crappy screenshots. Only one of the older employees told me he has a vague memory of such a project being developed at some point, no-one else seemed to remember it at all. Later I found out that there were dramas between some of the employees and some of them left to later establish their own studio. Now, the only footage of this game that I found is two different versions of credits, with some of the names removed in the newer version.
Btw. the game was originally named "Mythora".

Lord_Potato

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
And I guess the only places where Banished/Mythora can be found still are abandonwere sites...

I also cannot find any manual, which would be helpful because some of its mechanisms are pretty obscure.

Cael

Arcane
Remember Exile?

exile_i_0.png
Yes. And playing a party of 1 ftr/mage, 2 ftr/priest, 1 thief/mage and 2 mystic theurges is as broken as it sounds.

And then when you realised that the chests in dungeons had randomly generated treasure every time you opened them, and if you save scum enough, you will get gold rings of skill/regen, magic broadswords or any non-unique top-end weapon/armour/necklace/ring out there. The game just got broken wide open.

Exile is one game that you should play ironman when it comes to loot, or you are really short changing yourself in the enjoyment department.

AdolfSatan

Arcane
And I guess the only places where Banished/Mythora can be found still are abandonwere sites...
Care to enlighten a fellow codexer? Tried googling for it a while ago, but there's a more popular game of the same name, which makes it kinda hard to find.

AdolfSatan

Arcane
Czeched it, thank you very much!

How's the quality of the game, Lady Error ? Looks quite interesting. And in case you missed it, check codexer Agesilaus' Theseus: Journey to Athens. Seems to be in the same style, and personally, I loved it.

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
It's quite fun for a while - has a sort of dreamy quality to it, since you use imagination a lot.

Could use more content and I don't think you can create your own character - only select from pre-made ones.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom