Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Blizzard announced "Classic" World of Warcraft

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
US doesn't look so bad, it seems a lot of people are trying to get into just a few servers.

Black

Arcane
EDA15A5WkAIg6cN.jpg:large

Last edited:

DDZ

Red blood, white skin, blue collar
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Ended up on Gankli9ng EU, about an hour queue, not too bad.

Had a bunch of crashes, 132 out of memory, not sure why. When I set graphic options to CLASSIC it seems stable. And it looks fine.

Level 6 troll shammy, god I love this game, missed it quite a bit.

DDZ

Red blood, white skin, blue collar
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Annoying things I forgot about:

1. No available quests on minimap. Gotten so used to it.
2. Shammy totems are actual items you keep in your bags.

264,000? That's ...a lot. Blizz really did underestimate the popularity on this, huh.

It's not just Blizzard. Everyone among publishing tards is underestimating the massive demand for a good MMO right now. This was THE gaming genre from late 90s to 2010 or so, before WoW clones started dying off. Nothing's changed, people still want to play this kind of game, to get completely lost in massive virtual worlds. Some of them want a themepark successor to WoW, others want something more sandboxy, but there is an untapped gold mine out there. Current front-leading shit like Furry Fantasy 14 and ESO makes most MMO fans throw up, or they just bunker down in the absence of anything else.

As Vavra showed with KCD (if you recall his stories about meeting potential investors), these guys are clueless. They thought a historical game would not sell, but KCD did extremely well, and with MMOs, these tards are even more off. They think MMO demand has been met by battle royales, or MOBAs or those stupid card games, but those are all nothing like a proper MMO.

The first company that successfully figures this out will start a new gold-rush.

Wilian

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
It has been a wild ride. Managed to get in just before every realm clogged up and got in instantly. Level 20 now. The very beginning was hilarious because apparently the layering hadn't kicked in just yet.

U9WDczC.jpg

Once it had though people organized properly. Aside from me because I am rogue and as a rogue on RP-PvP server I should steal things. Like tagging and stealing kills from all the honourable citizen. It's just RP bro.

QOIHK0G.jpg

It has been great time.

Poor ol' Garrick. Looks up from his thieving, sees 5,000 noobs approaching with pitchforks and bum-level gear. Swallows nervously.

Maculo

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Pathfinder: Wrath
I hit level 15 on my pally. The leveling experience is not as terrible as I thought it would be. With a good weapon, things die pretty quickly (for now...).

My bags are full of gear for different occasions (2-hander, shield&1H weapon, healing gear), which is becoming a pain.

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
I hit level 15 on my pally. The leveling experience is not as terrible as I thought it would be. With a good weapon, things die pretty quickly (for now...).

My bags are full of gear for different occasions (2-hander, shield&1H weapon, healing gear), which is becoming a pain.
Make sure you get the blue hammer at 20, that'll easily last you 10 levels. Then you'll enter a special kind of hell.

Although with 1.12 talents leveling a paladin probably isn't nearly as bad as it was in 1.3. The 40-50 stretch still haunts me to this day. At least EPL and WPL had undead I could zap.
SotC, pull mob, auto attack, pull mob, SotC, auto attack, heal, SotC, ...

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Just a question for all experts here. Is druid tanking viable for normal instances? Can I run as a tank, or am I best as dps?

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Just a question for all experts here. Is druid tanking viable for normal instances? Can I run as a tank, or am I best as dps?
Pre-60 pretty much anyone with survival talents can tank as long as you're leveled properly but everyone will laugh at you if you offer to. Just go dps and you'll have a much easier time finding a group.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
It depends on what you mean by "normal instances". While you are leveling - you can definitely tank. At 60 - eeeeeehhhh, I'd say yes but you have to be good and know what you are doing. It's better to psychologically prepare yourself that you'll most likely be healing in the end.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
264,000? That's ...a lot. Blizz really did underestimate the popularity on this, huh.

They got this part of the classic wow experience to perfection it seems. Back then they ended up refunding people for the time lost waiting in line lmao.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam

You can tank everything up to including some off tanking in raids. I tanked Rend with muh bear. Would have tried to tank General Drakkisath but nobody let me.

Just be sure to stack some agility to make up for the lack of shield block. Bear tanking is a bit RNG because you have to pump dodge to compensate for the lack of a shield. For instances it's fine though because bosses don't hit anywhere near as hard as they do in raids. So even if you fail to dodge that crit the healer can still save your ass and with proper gear bears get very high armor which helps.

Check this spreadsheet for gear too, very helpful:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1HPdLlYapExIY7QuzTtBN3neO8YDaQBslUKKR1giaEQE/pubhtml#

Make sure to pick up enchanting since the second best tanking trinket is only available if you actually have the skill, all though you don't actually need enchanting once you created the trinket so you can drop it if you want.

Tanking will also guarantee you a spot in every instance. Nobody is going to pick up a Druid over a Rouge as dps and most Warriors are retards who just want to dps instead of tank, even while leveling (race is the telltale sign. Human or Orc will only want to dps while Tauren and Night Elf will tank, but in all my time the Human and Orc warriors out number the other races by a large number). Keep in mind all warriors will level up using a dps spec regardless whether they want to tank or not, where as the leveling feral spec for Druids is basically the tanking spec with some differences here and there. Very handy.

Actually, i'll let you in a little secret. Druids are THE best tanks for instances because they have a skill that lets you pull mobs instantly. If you know your way around the instance, and you must because you will invariably be the leader, you can chain pull mobs and once the rest of the party adjusts to the rhythm you can clear instances in record times. Warriors have to use guns or bows to pull and the delay makes people in the party relax which makes them slow to respond to every pull. Bear tanking is way smoother. It also helps to get "ahead" of the party which allows you to lure long range mobs by cutting around a corner before the party gets a chance to move out in the open and screw the pull.

Small tip: heal yourself before any fight, or the big fights at least. Helps with damage mitigation and gives you extra aggro.

Last edited:

J1M

Arcane
Unlike paladins and shamans, druids have a proper taunt. Their primary weakness in tanking is lack of block, so they can't eliminate crushing blows (a type of critical damage that matters for raid bosses) the way warriors can. You can tank anything pre-raid. Druids don't have a good DPS spec. Your primary role is healer. Due to the way bear form works, you want to wear items (including weapons) with high armor stats.

J1M

Arcane
BTW, i used the spec mentioned in this video on my druid:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yevLe-0tYLI

I kept it even when i got into raids lmao.
I would consider not having 5/5 Heart of the Wild a mistake. That's basically the best talent in the entire game. The stun duration talent isn't particularly good.

Skipping Leader of the Pack for Nature's Swiftness is a good dungeon build. There's an argument to be made that if you are tanking in raids regularly you might want to head down to Natural Weapons + Omen of Clarity instead for the additional threat generation, since that is what Feral can do better than a Warrior.

cw8

Cipher

Not sure if you've read my previous posts earlier. But most shortsighted people which basically means almost everyone in vanilla expects Druids to heal. Normal instances, I guess you can do fine. But I highly doubt they will accept a druid tank or dps in raids.
For vanilla, just assume all hybrid classes are there to heal. Spec for Innervate and Innervate a Priest, when he yells out. Good dog. That's vanilla for u..

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom