Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline Are there ANY graphically demanding games worth playing atm?

Eyestabber

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
About 2 months ago my motherboard got tired of living and I was forced to upgrade my PC. Long story short: I sold the old parts to a friend, bought a new rig and...reinstalled Witcher 3 because I found a grand total of ZERO new games that would actually make use of my shiny new PC's capabilities. Despite throwing standards out the window, I've yet to find a single game capable of justifying my upgrade. So far I tried:

- Metro Exodus. Turd that makes Call of Duty feel like a level design masterpiece.
- Crysis 3. So fucking boring I dozed off while playing whatever tutorial level the game had in mind. Does it get any better?

I went with the super ultra HD textures for W3. It doesn't even make a dent on the performance. Damn, what the fuck happened to the "Crysis test" of hardware? Every year had at least one somewhat decent game AAA for nerds to run benchmarks with, but...2019 brings nothing to the table. I'm just re-benchmarking games from previous years, nothing's changed.

- Ryzen 5 3600
- Asus X370 Prime Pro
- 2x8 GB DDR4 2666 @ 2933 MHz
- GTX 1660 Ti
Well, I guess I should be happy boning Triss at 144 FPS ...? :negative:

Maybe reinstall KCD? Was fun ever patched into that game...? :negative:

Beastro

Arcane
What would be the last one to consider?

I do know Dying Light annoying my old PC and fucked with the timed raced cus the game time ran differently to what the comp could produce.

Bad Sector

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Any year range? ELEX is nice and wonderfully optimized, but it has been a couple of years since it came out.

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
The PC port of NieR: Automata was so shoddily optimized that it taxes computers that should be able to easily run it at a stable 60 FPS --- unless you download a mod someone created that fixes the worst problem but doesn't work on pirated versions. :whiteknight:

blrrmmmff

Scholar
Uncharted 4

And it is NOT A MOVIE FFS.

Anyone who dares to challenge me on this will have to fight me in a quick time event battle.

Eyestabber

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Damn bros! I made this thread on GG instead of GRPG precisely because I'm considering any game atm, just so I have SOMETHING to point and say "well, this pc does X fps on Y game". With Y game being hardware demanding and at least decent. Witcher 3 came out in 2015. Four years later and AAA has yet to produce a single PASSABLE game? Omg...

As for ELEX, it's not a demanding game at all. My old rig ran it with everything maxed out iirc. Elex is lighter than W3 afaik.

Come on, the bar is pretty low: Mass Effect 2 tier. A DA:O tier game would probably have me playing it nonstop, just for the sake of trying out my new stuff.

Fuck...

Self-Ejected

Carls Barkley

Safav Hamon
The Real Fanboy
220px-Devil_May_Cry_5.jpg

Nano

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Strap Yourselves In
Deus Ex: Mankind Divided and Dishonored 2 from 3 years ago are the most recent ones.

Forest Dweller

Smoking Dicks
Damn bros! I made this thread on GG instead of GRPG precisely because I'm considering any game atm, just so I have SOMETHING to point and say "well, this pc does X fps on Y game".
This is borderline retarded.

Be glad you have a PC that can handle any game you want to play at max settings. And likely many future games as well. If nothing else it's an investment.

markec

Twitterbot
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Dead State Project: Eternity Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Heavily mod Skyrim, it will look great, with Requiem and bunch other mods the gameplay will be decent.

Also there is Loverslab that will provide you with extra entertainment.

Only problem is that you will need to spend around a week setting it all up.

sullynathan

Arcane
- Crysis 3. So fucking boring I dozed off while playing whatever tutorial level the game had in mind. Does it get any better?
play it on the hardest mode and skip the tutorial. It's pretty fun to stealth around.

Four years later and AAA has yet to produce a single PASSABLE game? Omg...
If you just want good - great looking AAA games that aren't all that demanding, it's a decent long list.

Bad Sector

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
ELEX is nice and wonderfully optimized
wonderfully optimized

:hmmm:

Isn't it? I wrote that because it ran at almost constant 60fps on my AMD APU (Ryzen 5 2400G) with most settings at high (though lower shadows and a couple other things, my monitor is at 1366x768 so i do not need that extra detail anyway) whereas on the same machine other demanding games from around that time (Prey, Mankind Divided, Dying Light, Rise of the Tomb Raider) needed almost everything set to low and still would hover around 30fps most of the time.

Self-Ejected

Alphard

Self-Ejected

Maybe some likes it, but the controls are atrocious. holding 3 buttons to perform a simple dodge? Holding down right stick to lock on? Can't change target while moving?
Horrible experience for me.
Also didn't like the over the top "oh wow look at how cool we are at not taking our game seriously, but also tring to make it appealing" but that's personal preference

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom