Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Screenshot thread

Sigourn

uooh afficionado
Sigourn what emulator and what settings are you using? This looks fantastic.

The Decline it's SNES remake of https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital_Devil_Story:_Megami_Tensei if I'm not mistaken.

RetroArch with the CRT Royale shader that comes with it.
Yep, it's the Super Famicom exclusive Kyuuyaku Megami Tensei. I must be past the halfway point of the game, I've heard the dungeon I'm in (Mazurka) can be a huge pain in the ass as some enemies have a skill that delevel you, but so far it's been manageable.

DeepOcean

Arcane
Underrail
1QFOaus.png

YkzzkKs.png

8FxSaPR.png

JnEF4TU.png
Like on the Groundhog day movie, you know how it will end but you need to keep trying to see if you will get somewhere. You can't stop loving them and they can't stop fooling you, then people say that men aren't the romantics.

Beastro

Arcane
Underrail
1QFOaus.png

YkzzkKs.png

8FxSaPR.png

JnEF4TU.png
Like on the Groundhog day movie, you know how it will end but you need to keep trying to see if you will get somewhere. You can't stop loving them and they can't stop fooling you, then people say that men aren't the romantics.

I don't think men are that attracted by glamour. I think women are attracted by glamour. I think men are attracted by a sense of friendship. - Joanna Lumley

The Red Knight

Erudite
w4S2FHL.png

V9VrbVB.png

raSD2pz.png

sxmYQr1.png

ZcycF5h.png

hULL0WX.png

wN2VTQU.jpg

A tiny, AFAIK unfinished, 2D arena game from early 00s. It has singleplayer Deatch Match and Team modes, some maps to choose from and a map editor to make your own. One amusing feature is that when you lose your head you start rapidly bleeding out but you can save yourself by picking up another head if there's one nearby.

Some keybinds can be checked and changed in the Data\binds.cfg file ("X" is bullet time). There supposedly was a modding community for it at some point but it appears to be gone without trace.

PulsatingBrain

Huge and Ever-Growing
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath
p7x08z0.jpg

The campaign fares well. We've taken at least half of all cities. Swadia has been relegated to a single castle. I managed to acquire Curaw fairly early, which is one of my favourite cities because it's so central and tends to maintain a strong economy. I accepted Suno just recently because it's handy as we're pressing the Rhodoks hard at the minute

Gromlintroid

Learned
lol, it has the best combat of the series.

The world, level design and atmosphere of 1 is obviously the best, but the combat of 3 is pinnacle.

octavius

Arcane
Patron
Found this very early in Diablo 2, so it looks like I'm going the Javelin/Spear path with my Amazon.
Except for Scrolls of ID and TP, I don't buy from the vendors. Seems pointless and needlessly time consuming when there's a hundred different items for sale each day. Diablo 1 did shops much better.

pYIjOj1.jpg

The Red Knight

Erudite
I decided to check if there are any quests available for that PC adaptation of Milton Bradley's HeroQuest by Gerwin Broers (that's a dungeon crawler boardgame, not the Hero Wars/HeroQuest RPG) and apparently there's a lot of interesting ones, including this Heretic quest:
ljyNqsF.png

XWRBwst.png

3v2313F.png

bMU6nAw.png

szLXgXU.png

OQduf5x.png

KPYoPJp.png

ficbEqu.png

LrRsM9n.png

There's even 20-map Hexen quest for four characters:
DRUeefF.png

While at it, I've also found a few Game Maker demos by some Ozzie guy:

The main menu comes with ear-raping loud music, so turn the volume down if you decide to try it out.
rBpEKrw.png

1bDVuu1.png

1HGvHCO.png

yJyaeut.png

rqCI2Tf.png

4Ea3etu.png

It seems more advanced than GB's HeroQuest, with more than one attack option, working spells and smarter AI (like enemies stepping back after attacking to make you waste the movement phase on catching them), but a very big con is not having a quest editor.
A quite fun adaptation of a battle game by the same name. Has one few-battles-long campaign and a scenario editor. The background map is hardcoded, but you can hand-place units and map objects, and it seems like you can define which scenario should come next for both winning and losing (so losing a battle wouldn't mean game over). The AI doesn't plan ahead and has problems with bottlenecks (once it engages a target it will just try to kill it, even if using a movement phase and then attacking would let one more unit attack the target) but in open space it doesn't matter that much.

Not sure how turn order works (sometimes whole enemy army can move a few turns in a row and then you only get to move one soldier), but reading on the board game it appears that players draw some cards defining which unit types can move that turn (which is not represented in-game) so it probably is working as intended.
iJiY0Py.png

hCtejlS.png

uNoHv2U.png

RVdkuOa.png

7hyMzJu.png

6ffOeXD.png

Q2igkG3.png

xtqpGK5.png

0oHs4gE.png
Another board game adaptation, this time it's Warhammer. Instead of ear-raping music it has eye-burning UI. Choose up to three Space Marine Chapters per mission: each has four marines with different weapons and a commander with a choice of one of three weapon sets, plus own selection of equipment and tactics cards that affect them during missions. Fights tend to be quite lethal for both sides, which gives a big advantage to whomever spots their opponent first. In addition to fighting all sorts of Chaos opponents, there are event cards that you may draw at the start of your turn (ranging from minor inconveniences, through spawning special enemies, to making your rocket launcher marine run out of ammo and lose their weapon).

Comes with one campaign, some missions and a mission editor. The one feature the editor lacks is hand-placing units as opponent positions seem randomized (but you can affect enemy spawns and amount). The map can be put together from a few types of rotatable segments, each with a fixed arrangement of rooms (again, a wasted opportunity to make it more granular by letting you make maps from floor/wall tiles).

z71Q6Cz.png

hLtLNNQ.png

hXadwB6.png

AniA0f2.png

TyS6L0E.png

OA8ZUmX.png

kXQU2YS.png

fJYbg5j.png

cWVQ0Ko.png

GqVUJbz.png

xE95r6W.png

1sKTQxh.png

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom