Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Blizzard announced "Classic" World of Warcraft

Generic-Giant-Spider

Druids exist to piss Rogues off in PVP. Just hit 'em with Faerie Fire and Travel form out.

It sure is nice to see all of them "you think you do, but you don't" people eat shit. Unlikely that I'll play too much if at all at this point of my life, but it warms my heart seeing all of the small stuff elevate the game to a different state. Randomly buffing people as priest/druid, lending a hand to folks that pulled more than they could handle, people forming queues to finish up quests, random groups etc. feeling like a part of a living world sure beats lobby simulator's "convenience" doesn't it.

Wilian

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Just a question for all experts here. Is druid tanking viable for normal instances? Can I run as a tank, or am I best as dps?

You can play about any class and spec very viably in all content up til 40 man raids. At that point you will have to start compromising or find group that approves of your particular playstyle. There has been representatives of all specs and classes thru' every single content of the game. People often mix anally retentive optimal and viable together.

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
Just a question for all experts here. Is druid tanking viable for normal instances? Can I run as a tank, or am I best as dps?

You can play about any class and spec very viably in all content up til 40 man raids. At that point you will have to start compromising or find group that approves of your particular playstyle. There has been representatives of all specs and classes thru' every single content of the game. People often mix anally retentive optimal and viable together.
This is more or less like saying that it's ok to be gay.

And while that may be so, a lot of people won't be very accepting of you.

So as a druid, you should stick to tanking in dungeons.

Codex Year of the Donut
I hit level 15 on my pally. The leveling experience is not as terrible as I thought it would be. With a good weapon, things die pretty quickly (for now...).

My bags are full of gear for different occasions (2-hander, shield&1H weapon, healing gear), which is becoming a pain.
yq4pknvp65131.jpg

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
Playing a rogue I got reminded that rogues that want to level up (and therefore are Combat specced) move so slowly in stealth and are so easily detectable, that you can just forget about that skill.

So while a rogue is cool cause he has stealth, once you start playing as one, you realize that's bullshit and you have no stealth.

Wilian

Arcane
Patron

Yeah, no. I've barely ever in my time of gaming in WoW seen any issues with people playing pretty much whatever spec they desire outside of raiding. Few mongs here and there who can't get over it? Sure. In general? No one cares because the content is piss-easy to do with almoust any setup you can imagine as long as you can secure one CC

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
BTW, i used the spec mentioned in this video on my druid:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yevLe-0tYLI

I kept it even when i got into raids lmao.
I would consider not having 5/5 Heart of the Wild a mistake. That's basically the best talent in the entire game. The stun duration talent isn't particularly good.

Skipping Leader of the Pack for Nature's Swiftness is a good dungeon build. There's an argument to be made that if you are tanking in raids regularly you might want to head down to Natural Weapons + Omen of Clarity instead for the additional threat generation, since that is what Feral can do better than a Warrior.

It's more of a raid hybrid build. You can heal in raids while still tanking in dungeons or those encounters in raids that can use a secondary tank. I took Leader of the Pack when leveling because i simply don't like healing in dungeons with a druid, because of the 30 minute rez. It's fine if you take a pally or something with you but every time i went in as healer without a back up rezzer it ended up being a pain in the ass. People will just die randomly and that means a lot of walking back for them. There's also the fact for leveling you want to start as feral to begin with, so you are naturally geared for tanking instead of healing.

If you forgo healing entirely you can even avoid the tank/healing hybrid and go for a full cat dps spec:

https://classic.wowhead.com/guides/druid-leveling-classic-wow

But i think the tank/healing hybrid makes more sense. Cat dps is actually pretty good but there's way too many rogues or warriors wanting to get into an instance while leveling and it's going to be extra hard to go in as cat because why pick you instead of the dozen of rogues and warriors waiting in line. The fact you can easily tank and heal in an instance with the same spec just means you'll have a guaranteed spot in any instance you do.

This is even more true when you hit level 60 because if you go in as cat you'll be wanting to roll on the rogue pre-raid stuff and THAT will piss off people to no end. I remember stealing cadaverous armor on some rogue and i felt so guilty afterwards i volunteered to tank for him any time he felt like trying to get it again lol.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam

Yeah, no. I've barely ever in my time of gaming in WoW seen any issues with people playing pretty much whatever spec they desire outside of raiding. Few mongs here and there who can't get over it? Sure. In general? No one cares because the content is piss-easy to do with almoust any setup you can imagine as long as you can secure one CC

That's true i even ran in a lot of Boomkins while doing instances. I feel leveling is precisely the place to try unusual specs or builds. You got no room to try anything different in raids so why not do it while leveling.

Generic-Giant-Spider

Playing a rogue I got reminded that rogues that want to level up (and therefore are Combat specced) move so slowly in stealth and are so easily detectable, that you can just forget about that skill.

So while a rogue is cool cause he has stealth, once you start playing as one, you realize that's bullshit and you have no stealth.

Playing on a PVP server, I have no idea how people can play Combat heavy Rogues and not have a mental breakdown and respec to something more PVP viable somewhere along their 30s. You have horrible stealth so you'll be seen by everyone, your movement speed is scuffed in stealth, you also don't have much burst damage to wallop people with unless you get a string of Sinister Strike crits with 100 energy.

It's why I always go daggers on those realms. Not as efficient in killing mobs, but it is efficient in making a Combat Rogue get the fuck out of your area by 100-20%'ing them with an Ambush critical and finishing them with a follow-up Backstab.

Talby

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
I'm so happy Blizzard introduced layering, so we can get the wonderful experience for waiting 30 hours in queues of 10k people, to login to Org and see three other players, while also introducing a host of glitches and exploits. Great job Blizz, you fucking retards.

Wilian

Arcane
Patron
I'm so happy Blizzard introduced layering, so we can get the wonderful experience for waiting 30 hours in queues of 10k people, to login to Org and see three other players, while also introducing a host of glitches and exploits. Great job Blizz, you fucking retards.

What sort of layer are you in because everywhere I go is filled to a point it's difficult to find mobs to tag

GrainWetski

Arcane
Left Gehennas queue on for 3 hours and I'm still at 11.5k and 5+ hours left. Guess I'll stick to Assbringer for a while. At least there wasn't a queue at all there when I got off work and "only" 5k now.

Ninjerk

Arcane
Noggenfogger now has a 2+ hour queue. Every English EU server says Full except Ten Storms.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom