Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

RimWorld - Damned Colonists in Space

Jonathan "Zee Nekomimi

Hoarder of loli kats./ Funny ^._.^= ∫
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Preferable animals that can eat grass from the ground to lower the burden of food/cargo capacity of the caravan.

Wyatt_Derp

Arcane
I've had a few events, but they've been mainly stranded/wounded wanderer ones. I've got a couple of miniguns and some decent armor now, plus pod launchers. Think I'll try the adventure mode strategy and check out the map.
Make sure to pack properly. The food indicator of course is important. The game won't tell you to bring bedrolls and medicine. Don't bring pregnant pack animals. Also make sure your people have weather-appropriate clothes. I had a guy who forgot to bring a coat once and he lost all his fingers to frostbite on a long trip because you can't stop halfway to build a textile factory.

I was expecting ambushes (had a few) so I sent a married couple armed with charge rifles and marine armor, plus plenty of food. Turns out I derped my mission 'cause I sent them in the dead of winter, and marine armor doesn't have a really good thermal rating. They both died of hypothermia. Oh well, at least they were both married, so now I don't have to worry about a lonesome widow burning down the camp 'cause I sent her husband off alone to mine uranium in the wastelands.

I've got deep drilling/scanners now, so maybe there will be some more closer to home.

Risewild

Arbiter
I've made my first real attempt at building an escape ship. I've built everything but the engines, and I'm out of uranium. The map doesn't have any, and no traders seem to have any in stock. Is there a way to get any more? Deep drilling, maybe?
You can use the "Long Range Scanner".
You set it to find uranium, make a researcher use it and after 8 (or something like that) days, it should spawn some uranium lumps on the world map near your home area (it then needs +/- 10 days to "recharge" If I remember correctly). Repeat until you have all the uranium you want.

Wyatt_Derp

Arcane
I've made my first real attempt at building an escape ship. I've built everything but the engines, and I'm out of uranium. The map doesn't have any, and no traders seem to have any in stock. Is there a way to get any more? Deep drilling, maybe?
You can use the "Long Range Scanner".
You set it to find uranium, make a researcher use it and after 8 (or something like that) days, it should spawn some uranium lumps on the world map near your home area (it then needs +/- 10 days to "recharge" If I remember correctly). Repeat until you have all the uranium you want.

Deep drilling is working. Found some just south of my base. Been pulling in some decent amounts, and almost have enough for the reactor. Couple engines later and my crew are born again astro-bastards. All I'm worried about now are those raids that you get while powering the ship up. I've heard stories, man...

Wyatt_Derp

Arcane
never ending scalating +20 dudes parties all over. Preparing the surrounding with traps, mines and turrets helps.

I've got 9 turrets so far, 3 north side, 6 on the south side entrance. I've got some choke points with wooden traps, and I plan on building a few more turret/sandbag locations. My ranged men are armed mostly with miniguns or LMGs, and I've got a charge rifle.

I'm mainly worried about grenadier/sapper type raiders hitting my flanks. I can handle choke point defense, but right now I've only got 6 colonists and a few trained huskies (and a pig named Wilbur). I don't know if they can hold off a flank attack for long. I think I'll build some looping trap mazes before I get serious with launch. I don't want this long-planned escape to get raped at the last minute.

Wyatt_Derp

Arcane
[url=https://ibb.co/xjN22Bv][/URL]

LOL. And that's all she wrote. Made some more turrets, finished the reactor. All that was left was a couple of ship engines, and my pyromaniac decides to go into a fit and burn the settlement down while all my other colonists are sleeping. Gotta love Rimworld. Some people just wanna watch the world burn.

:timetoburn:

Jonathan "Zee Nekomimi

Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
haha classic rimworld. One time one of my colonies meet their doom by a bunch of chicken going insane and laying havok from the inside.

Modron

Arcane

LOL. And that's all she wrote. Made some more turrets, finished the reactor. All that was left was a couple of ship engines, and my pyromaniac decides to go into a fit and burn the settlement down while all my other colonists are sleeping. Gotta love Rimworld. Some people just wanna watch the world burn.

:timetoburn:
Can you build cucksheds and assign more suicidal colonists to reside in them?

Wyatt_Derp

Arcane
You could also have woken up one person to put out the fires ... but what do I know? :lol:

They did. But the internal temps went up several hundred degrees, and most of them caught on fire and passed out while the flames raged. The Man in Black showed up to help, but by then most of my crew was dead... ironically, the pyro starter was still kicking.

Eh, it was fun to watch. Randy Random is a good AI to play with. Moments before the fires started, I got an item drop full of smoke leaf. Must have been a sign.

Nutria

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
This is why I always consider fire hazards from the very beginning. I try to separate my workshops, kitchen/dining area, and apartments by 4 tiles. As soon as I'm doing well and have the opportunity to, I pave over the alleys between them. It's a little less efficient to have a base more spread out it and means building more walls, but I think it's worth it to know that you're not gonna lose more than a quarter of your base in one fire.

dextermorgan

Arcane
Built a wooden base and kept a pyromaniac around?

giphy.gif

Jonathan "Zee Nekomimi

Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
You could also have woken up one person to put out the fires ... but what do I know? :lol:
Randy Random is a good AI to play with. Moments before the fires started, I got an item drop full of smoke leaf. Must have been a sign.
What do u mean with good? Randy is the only proper way to rimworld bruh. Also on the smoke leaf drop
AFF1C3F11D0D5932296F65CBD11EC6911FA64E2C

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Breaking news!

Today a transport ship from Demor II transporting a vital cargo of eye patches was destroyed in orbit of a nearby rimworld planet. We do not know the cause yet, but what we do know is that our one-eyed citizens on Yuroga will continue to suffer with reduced depth perception for a while longer.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
So I'm playing this and I'm fucking horrible at it. But damn it's addictive as all hell

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom